Is this for real?

I received this email, seems a bit wierd asking for a heating stove?

Good Day,

My name is Elena, I'm 30 years and I live in Russian province.

I have a 6-years daughter, her father abandoned us and we live with my mother in small home. Recently my mother lost job due to old age and our situation became very difficult.

The prices for gas and electricity are very high in our region and we cannot use it to heat our home anymore.

The winter is coming and temperature will be very cold in the nearest weeks. We are very afraid and we don't know what to do.

The only accessible way for us to heat our home is to use portable stove which gives heat with burning wood or coal. We have a lot of wood in our region, therefore this way is very good for us

and it will bring heat to our home for the whole winter for minimal charges.

I work in a library and after my job I allowed to use computer. I found your address in internet and may be you can help us.

We need portable stove, but we cannot buy it because it is very expensive for us. May be you have any used portable stove which is not needed for you or you don't use it anymore, then we would be very grateful to you if you can donate it to us and organize transport of its to our address.

I hope that you will write me back.

I would like to send you picture of us, but unfortunately I don't have digital picture which can be transmited by computer.

I send you kind greetings and hope to hear from you soon.

Elena.

Edited by digitalnemesis

Looks like a scam. I've read about these types of things - they'll start arranging for you to cross-ship stuff out of the country. It's basically laundering products.

I received this email, seems pretty real but not sure?
I found your address in internet and may be you can help us.

:alien:

BTW

Here's another one but with a twist and even an address!!

Hi, My name is Elena, I am 30 years old and I live in a province of Russia.

I have a 6 years old daughter Angelina, herfather abandoned us and we live with my mother in a small flat.

Due to the severe conditions of live in our province, frequent absence of water, anti-sanitation, my daughter has got illness with her eyes and became disabled. Now there is crisis in

our region and we are worried that authorities can stop supplying us with water and gas at any time, as it happen in neighboring village. The winter is coming and we don't know

what to do. I found your address and I decided to ask you for help. If you have any old used warm clothes, warm boots, water-boiler, portable heater, conserved and dried food,

polivitamins, aspirine, paracetamol and analogous medicaments, products of hygiene, we would be very happy if you can send it to us. If it is easier for you to help with little money, I

will advice you how you can safely send it to us. I will then buy a small cast-iron stove (stove with burning wood), install it in our room and it will heat our home for the whole winter. I

work 6 days a week in a municipal library and thanks to this work, after my job, I am allowed to use a computer and send you this message.

I send you best wishes. I must apologize for this letter.

Ms. Elena Galitsina, Kirova Str. 25-54, Kaluga 248001, Russia.

Edited by Leo

Definitely fake. I never thought for 1 second that anybody would believe these sorts of things. Apparently I was wrong.
i feel sorry for anyone that takes these emails seriously....

^^ What they said.

The fact that you actually asked whether it was genuine is a worrying sign for your life online :no:

^^ What they said.

The fact that you actually asked whether it was genuine is a worrying sign for your life online :no:

Worrying sign for my life online? lol? I wouldn't donate to emails like this anyway. I've never been scammed on the internet in my entire life nor have I been scammed in the real world either. This email seemed quite deviant as she is asking for a heating stove? :o

You think it seems real?

Are you new to the Internet? Welcome ;)

No I don't think it's real, I was asking what everyone else thought about this email. Seems a bit wierd asking for a heating stove...

In reality, they are not asking for a heating stove. This would lead to somehow exchanging personal information. That is what they are asking for!

I've been using the internet my entire life

Crap man, I get bored after 20 minutes! LOL

I post a simple "question" and it turns into a "bash the original poster" topic... What has neowin come to?

I'm glad everyone here has perfect lives. Kudos to you all :)

And no, I don't think it's real...I was being ironic when I asked the question.

Have a great day.