AMD Barton XP to Come on the 7th of February!

AMD Barton XP to Come on the 7th of February!

Posted 1/15/03 at 1:33 pm by Anton

The Inquirer wrote in this news-story that AMD will unveil its long-awaited Athlon processors based on the Barton core with 512KB of L2 cache in early February this year. The Barton chips are the last and final processors that are based on the code-named K7 architecture first introduced in the year 1999. AMD planned to manufacture these chips at UMC?s fab in Taiwan, but it is not known where exactly the first batch of microprocessors is going to be made.

On the 7th February AMD will finally roll-out its Athlon XP Barton CPUs with 2500+, 2800+ and 3000+ model numbers. I have no idea about the core-speed of the newcomers, but some sources unofficially reveal that the first one will be clocked at 1833MHz, 2083MHz and 2250MHz respectively. All CPUs will utilise 333MHz system bus. The information is unconfirmed and the actual core-clock may be different.

Three days before the Barton announcement, the Athlon MP 2600+ processor will see the light of the day. The newcomer will be based on the good-old Thoroughbred core and will utilise the 266MHz FSB.

At the moment there is no information about the pricing and availability of the parts.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/story.html?id=1042655606

wasn't this on here like yesterday or something.... I read about it on Warp2 and was gonna post it and i swear i saw it somewhere.... but still..hopefully my mobo can take em!! :)

SWEET :D