How to reset the Bios to the default value

Hi

I plan to oc my computer. It has a P5B-Deluxe motherboard and an E6600 CPU. During my planning, can people tell me how I reset the BIOS back to default value if I did something wrong? This will be my first OC attempt.

Thanx

Hi

I plan to oc my computer. It has a P5B-Deluxe motherboard and an E6600 CPU. During my planning, can people tell me how I reset the BIOS back to default value if I did something wrong? This will be my first OC attempt.

Thanx

Trip the jumper on the motherboard, easy enough to find... or yank the cmons battery, and unplug all sources of power to it

With newer ASUS boards you simply turn off the power supply, press the power button a few times, wait for a minute and turn it back on - it should do it. Otherwise you might reset the CMOS with a jumper ("clear CMOS" in your manual). With old computers you can (information purpose only, should not be necessary here!) reset via short circuiting the board with the battery socket.

NOTE!

If you can BOOT to POST - press [DEL] and enter BIOS, go to a flap to the right (dunno which one) and choose "System defaults", save and exit.

• 4 weeks later...

Three options that I know of

Go into bios using appropriate key when your comp boots and restore it defaults and save

Remove the cmos battery

Use jumpers to reset bios

If I need to reset my bios I use either one of the first two options as jumpers just make a simple job harder.