Guitar Hero 3 PC

I got this game for the pc. It rocks. me and my roommate played it for about 5 hours yesterday and havent had that much fun in awhile with a game. The sad thing is though, it wont run on my pc for some reason. I had to install it on his. When i click on the exe on my comp, it just thinks for a bit, reads from the cd ( because if i dont have the cd in the tray it ask for it ), then thinks some more, then gives me an error box saying unexplained error. Other than that, and how choppy it runs, even on a beast computer, unless you turn the graphics down some, its great. Anyone know of a fix to my problem. I meet all the system reqs except for my proc, which is just an athlon xp 2400 2.0ghz. I can run COD4, crysis on low, and any other game out really. I dont see why i couldnt run this.

Wow this is horrible customer service by GH3! they just wrote me back saying, sorry, we wont help you because your processor doesnt meet the min system reqs. UTTER BS! so what if it doesnt meet the min reqs. IT SHOULD STILL OPEN UP!!!! i can run crysis, cod4, and other new games, but they say i cant run this. not my fault they have #&&tty coding and porting. Bestbuy wont take the game back because its a pc game and since it has a key, they wont take it back. The gh3 company is also saying that since i bought it from a retailer, i have to have the retailer take it back, they wont refund me the money. So now because of horrible coding and porting techniques, im stuck with a 80$ plastic guitar untill i apparently just upgrade.

That is a USB device for the guitar right? How big is your power supply? Maybe this guitar controller uses more power than your other USB devices. You can try unplugging some that don't have their power.

shakey: Don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but they're absolutely right in saying that they won't help you because your system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. It just wouldn't make sense for them to support hardware that they have already predetermined should not be running their game.

My friend bought GH3 for his PC yesterday, and was having several issues trying to play it, and he met the minimum requirements, and the tech support guys pretty much told him to shove off in not so many words :|

Needless to say he isn't to happy.

If your machine doesn't meet the requirements, what are tech support supposed to do about it, honestly..

I've been playing it since last night and for about 90% the time, runs perfect. It has a little bit of slow down now and again, but nothing to stop me playing/hitting chords. Dragonforce is an utter b**ch to play though :cry: :laugh:

does anyone know whats its like playing without the guitar?, can you use a x360 controller? also will there be extra content for the PC version

Aspyr, the company that ports over many of the Activision Xbox 360 console games to the PC has always had poor support for the games and never releases patches when they run terrible to fix any problems. Spiderman 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance are two of their previous Activision PC ports and neither were ever patched to fix problems in the games. I really do not understand why Activision still has these guys port their games unless Aspyr are just are super cheap to hire since it really just makes people think the Activision does not care about their PC consumers.

Unimatrix Xero you can use a 360 controller on it, so far been strumming along since this is the first time i have played Guitar Hero. Pretty solid by the looks of things though.

im still deciding weather or not i will enjoy this game, a friend has tried it with the x360 controller and he said that the LB is yellow RB in Red and LT is Green, shouldnt it be the ABX&Y for these colors?

im still deciding weather or not i will enjoy this game, a friend has tried it with the x360 controller and he said that the LB is yellow RB in Red and LT is Green, shouldnt it be the ABX&Y for these colors?

No it shouldn't, because then it would be very difficult to hold down 2 or more frets at the same time.

Got it yesterday myself and tried playing co-op with my son. Xbox 360 guitar works great with it as well.

Next month they are releasing a hybrid dvd that will install on PC and MAC. Guess i will be purchasing it again LOL.

This game runs horrible on most computers that are above the MSR. this is what Aspyr told me about why its so hard to get it running. This is utter bs by them.

The processor in your PC is well below the MSR's set for this title.

The technical reason behind the high MSR's for a console port is that the technology of the latest generation consoles has actually surpassed the power of many typical user's home PC's. The main difficulty in porting Xbox 360 code to PC/Mac lies with Direct3D graphics rendering, the graphics code designed specifically for Xbox 360 that must be recreated to function for the PC/Mac.

The biggest challenges, especially when setting MSR's for this product have been re-engineering graphics and shaders to the PC/Mac pipeline. In addition to the graphic-specific issues, the Xbox 360 code is designed for multi-threading all data across its three processing cores, so it can be challenging to efficiently redirect all that information to the single or dual core that comprises PC/Mac processing.

All current generation consoles (XBOX 360 and PS3) ports to PC have come with rather hefty MSR's. Guitar Hero III is a timing based game and, because of its unique game play, we feel that the current MSR's provide the best experience for our users.

Feel free to take whatever legal steps you feel are necessary, we have fulfilled all legal obligations by clearly placing the minimum requirements necessary to play this game on the box.

So they say its so hard to code for the pc???? what kind of crap is that. They got it running on the Wii and ps2, and those are single cores. Maybe to reach a broader audience they should have tried something that would have been more available to the masses. They say the ports have been coming with high MSR's as well. Funny, i can run gears of war, cod4, lost planet, and all the other ports so far, and they look and run nicely. Their argument just shows a lack of knowledge and effort in porting this to a pc.

i have the AMD Dual Core X2 4400+ (which is specified the one to have in the read me) i also match ALL reconmended requriments apart from the graphics, which isnt a problem as my PC runs this as smooth as a nut, even at 1280x1024 with a 2 player split the game still performs perfectly, i noticed a little slow down but i think that was down to my PC doing a scan at the time.

We played it for 3 hours solid last night and apart from my eyes playing tricks on my after it never crashes or jerked or put a foot wrong (specs in sig)

Plus ive mastered the x360 controller now and its brilliant, when going from easy to medium, will medium add just the blue, or will it add blue and orange as well?

Medium mainly just adds blue and adds more of the other colours too. I believe a couple of songs will throw 1-2 oranges in to it. I only played the demo and one song in that had an orange in it.

Also playing it with a controller totally sucks the fun out of the game :p

we played on easy last night which has Green Red and Yellow in it, i know we aint got guitars just yet, but the controller still got us hooked into the game, the satisfaction of getting the solo nailed in Welcome To The Gungle was brilliant

but all i will say is bring on the guitars!!!!

is anyone having problems trying to go online on this game? it keeps saying invalid information when i try to create an account.

it's running well on mine even at 1680x1050 i never drop from 60fps

Specs

AMD 5600x2

2gb ddr2 800

HD2900XT

if your copy is ligit, then make sure than any 'o's are not '0' or I as i or L as l, if you can understand that

on a side note ive just completed the solo single player and unlocked 'Dragonforce - Through the fire and the flames' and my hands are offically screwed up LOL my fingers have never worked so fast in ANY game before!!! ive had the song for a while on my PC but now i love it even more :)

The game is so far definiteyl really good. And all runs like butter on my end. The only concern that I have, is when my residence's internet goes down (which happens a lot), the firs time GHIII detects this, it will freeze for about 2 seconds, and then to catch up, will warp speed to the appropriate part of the song. Luckily it only happens on the first time: once it's disconnected, and stay that way.