Sort Favorites by date

Hey guys. I have a problem with my favorites tab/drop menu in IE7. The list gets auto sorted in some strange way that I don't seem to understand and the only thing I can do is sort it by name. But I don't want that - I want it to be sorted by date, so the last thing I add there would actually get at the bottom of the list. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure if this will work, but go to your favorites folder (it's usually under c:\docs and settings\<username>\Favorites\). Right-click in the empty space, and make sure the auto arrange is on and not by name (default) but by "modified". Hope it solves your problem.

Well, Auto Arrange is grayed-out, so it can't be modified and it's currently switched off. And the folder contents were already arranged by date MODIFIED (which is wrong, because it should be DATE CREATED in the case with favorites. IE somethimes modifies the link file on visit to the site and it changes the date modified to a later one).

But the main thing is that folder settings don't apply to the browser list itself, so no luck here.

Thanks for the suggestion, tho.