credit card size hard drive can hold 5gb

What happens when you bend it? Wouldn't the disc inside bend to? They can't be good, it might come of its track or anything. I'm guessing the means it's a lot harder then a credit card and hopefully made out of metal and not plastic.

What I would like to see is a transition of Microdrives to the desktop. I wish they could minituraize the technology even more - higher capacity, higher bandwidth. A 100 GB SATA or SCSI microdrive on the desktop would be amazing. Lower heat, smaller desktop cases, less noise ( from less fans ). Its amazing now that credit card size HD's exist. The encyclopedia can now fit in my wallet.

Anyone got an idea of how long these credit card drives will last? Do they have a "long" life like dvds or will they die in a couple years after a lot of use?

And for this:

What happens when you bend it? Wouldn't the disc inside bend to? They can't be good, it might come of its track or anything. I'm guessing the means it's a lot harder then a credit card and hopefully made out of metal and not plastic.
This is the answer off the article:
"The combination of high capacity [and] an inexpensive price point makes StorCard a viable solution for consumers and businesses alike," Heil says. Also, the card--like a credit card--is extremely flexible, without risking damage to the data it contains, he says.