Live messenger 9 Beta invite

I got it also...

BETA? No thanks, the final versions of WLM are bad enough :omg:

you do know the whole point of a beta is to help test it, submit bugs so the FINAL can be smooth and have great performance. ;)

Betas arnt just peaces of software you use for the fun of it. :rolleyes:

w00h00 i'm in!!!

Does anyone know what's in 9?

not much because its an early bulid. I'm taking its the same internal build that Microsoft is using right now in the live labs. may be a few MINOR changes...

i used caps for minor because since its so early the minor changes may be hard to see or arnt that important such as an icon color of icon etc.

How do i get Live messenger 9 Beta???? i want it to

Well you would have to wait for the public beta if you didn't get an invite. We can not give out the invite IDs.....

If you want to be able to participate in feature betas (for free) go to http://connect.microsoft.com and sign up with your live ID. Fill out the survey and then sign up for any beta you want submit bugs and feedback. The more you do this, and the better they are the more of a chance Microsoft will let you test more things and may be even larger betas such as SP1 for vista.

Waiting to see if my contact at MS Office can get me an invite from one of his WLM co-workers.

is it just me or are you doing MS's dirty work finding bugs, then letting them take all the credit?

irony.

well, a lot use WLM and micrsoft's job isnt just to find all the bugs..... We use WLM, so we need to submit bugs we find and feedback. Feedback is good, it helps tell Microsoft what we want in their programs so they can make it better and we can be happy.

No offense, but your attitude tells me that you are lazzy..

is it just me or are you doing MS's dirty work finding bugs, then letting them take all the credit?

irony.

No, MS is doing the dirty work and fixing the problems that the beta testers find, so that it can be released faster (more testers = more bug reports = more bugs Microsoft knows about), and so they sort of deserve the credit, since they do all of the programming.

Now I just wish they would do something about the Mac version.

^ ^

You dont always do things for a reward, We are the "unsung/unrecognised heroes of the software industry" :p

For those with no invites, Bad luck unless you are a Current butterfly not all got a email invite (Like me)

There were 2 codes to signup released BU-xx and BUT-xx. BUT is for Butterfly only and not to be shared, BU can be shared (technicly not supposed to) however there is a signup limit imposed on that code which is going fast so if you got the email and havent signed up yet do so ASAP.

Just remember that this version/beta is not going to be as polished/stable as the other recent MSN beta's have been, so if that isnt for you wait a little for the public beta.

No, MS is doing the dirty work and fixing the problems that the beta testers find, so that it can be released faster (more testers = more bug reports = more bugs Microsoft knows about), and so they sort of deserve the credit, since they do all of the programming.

Now I just wish they would do something about the Mac version.

+1

seems Janitor doesnt know how beta testing works.... you dont just open a program and put together an applaction in 5 mins and have it open for download. Microsoft needs outside help. Because each person uses messenger differently, they need help with finding bugs in every type of use.

^ ^

You dont always do things for a reward, We are the "unsung/unrecognised heroes of the software industry" :p

For those with no invites, Bad luck unless you are a Current butterfly not all got a email invite (Like me)

There were 2 codes to signup released BU-xx and BUT-xx. BUT is for Butterfly only and not to be shared, BU can be shared however there is a signup limit imposed on that code which is going fast so if you got the email and havent signed up yet do so ASAP.

what code are you talking about? The invite ID? I dont think your aloud to give them out.

I retyped my messege to clairfy :p, In a private newsgroup it was stated for butterflies you can use that code to give to a friend that will be a asset to the beta