Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cloud Constructors

How do you connect the Wii to the to a Home Threatre Receiver?

4 posts in this topic

I am receiving a Wii shipment soon and I hope to pickup the its component cables for my HDTV. I have one question. How do I connect the Wii to my receiver so I can get the sound output from my home threatre speakers?

Plug the Red and White composite Audio wires into your Receiver as well...same as any other device you would want to be played through the HT speakers

You may need to buy a pair of extension cables though, as the component cables usually don't separate the audio and video portions enough to get the video to your TV and your audio to your Reciever even if they're pretty close together. You can pick that kind of thing up at most electronics stores/departments.

You may need to buy a pair of extension cables though, as the component cables usually don't separate the audio and video portions enough to get the video to your TV and your audio to your Reciever even if they're pretty close together. You can pick that kind of thing up at most electronics stores/departments.

Exactly.

Luckily, I had an extra set of Monster Component Video cables which I connected to my A/V Receiver (monitor out) to the HDTV. Now I am able to hear the Dolby Pro Logic sound which the Wii supports.