Macworld 2008

As you expected, Steve will be hosting the keynote.

IDG World Expo on Monday announced that Apple CEO Steve Jobs will deliver the keynote address to attendees of Macworld Conference & Expo 2008. The keynote address happens on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM in the Moscone West facility at San Francisco?s Moscone Convention Center.

?We?re looking forward to a great show and are thrilled that Steve will once again be kicking it off,? said Mary Dolaher, IDG World Expo CEO.

Macworld Conference & Expo takes place from January 14 - 18, 2008. The event features a conference with more than 120 sessions, an exhibit hall populated by more than 350 companies, and floor attractions like free training, a digital photography area and live music and sound demonstrations. For more details or to register, visit the Web site.

Also, what are you guys hoping will be released at Macworld?

As you expected, Steve will be hosting the keynote.
OMGWTFBBQ!!
Also, what are you guys hoping will be released at Macworld?

MacBook redesign. It needs the aluminum treatment.

New cinema displays a mac pro enclosure, and 3g iphone

You think a 3G iPhone will be released? I was thinking that would be much later in the year. I certainly hope there is one, but I don't know. I just want an ultra portable MacBook Pro :yes:

MacBook redesign. It needs the aluminum treatment.

Don't think they will. It keeps a distinct style difference between the MacBook and the MacBook Pros, which get people to cough up more if they want a better design :p.

They better release a damn 3G iPhone. I would very much like 3G speeds, but, most of all, I need GPS. It's absolutely absurd the price they charge for the damn thing while my 2 year old Motorola has more features (be it less stylish).

1. iTunes store updates (Rentals).

2. Mac mini revisions.

3. Mac Pro revisions.

4. Cinema Display revisions.

OMT. MacBook Pro facelift (Including the 13").

Don't think they will. It keeps a distinct style difference between the MacBook and the MacBook Pros, which get people to cough up more if they want a better design :p.

The iMac got a redesign.

No 3G iPhone, it's not needed yet, Perhaps mid year but really, who the hell uses 3G anyway?

Cinema display is more than likely especially if they have a thinner screen and possible touchscreen technology incorporated.

Macbooks have recently been updated but the design wasn't so I would expect the Macbook Pro to have a smaller slimline model.

Mac Mini will come to an end.

I hope to see more touch technology possibilities.

I think we will see:

- Mac Pro update. Hoping for a case change.

- Macbook Pro update.

- Macbook with an aluminium case.

- Update for AppleTV Backrow to include the iTunes Store.

- New Apple apps for iPhone and iPod touch.

- Some games for Touch OS X in the iTunes Store.

- Maybe iTunes movie rentals. All depends on the movie companies :/

- iTunes 8.

- iPhone to get 16GB version.

What we know for certain:

- Steve will show off the SDK for Touch OS X.

But Apple is about consistency, and every other Apple computer uses an anodized aluminum shell, even the Mac mini.

huh, so im glad to own a black apple-machine. =) thats supposed to be rare. =)

;)

everything was said. nothing more to add, except maybe for a new apple-mouse. the mighty mouse was great imho but is dated by then.

I wish they'd do an iTunes Music Store rental system.. fixed rate and stream as much music as you like or something. I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

Hardware wise.. it'd be quite nice to see a redesign of the Mac Mini though of course that would make mine totally out of date :(

Lemme rephrase when I said 3G iphone, I simply meant announce a 3G iPhone, not release it. If they do mod the Mac Mini they need to give it a major overhaul imo, announce a Mac Nano something closer to the AppleTV in size. I'm most looking forward to a redesigned Cinema Display and Mac Pro. Hopefully they will give the entire Mac line a processor bump too.

Apple Orders 13.3'' LED Backlit Screens for Upcoming Laptop?

Digitimes claims that Apple has placed an order with Kenmos Technology and Taiwan Nano Electro-Optical Technology for 13.3-inch LED notebook backlight units for an upcoming Apple laptop:

The sources disclosed that Nano-Op's LED notebook BLU [backlight units] shipments in November were only about 10,000 units, but Apple orders are expected drive up shipments to over 90,000 units in December.

Kenmos is also said to be shipping LED notebook BLUs to Apple for "high-end models".

Apple has been rumored to be launching a new "ultra-portable" laptop at Macworld San Francisco in January. Early specs described by Appleinsider suggested the new sub-notebook would carry a 13" screen with aluminum enclosure that is described to be 50% lighter and "strikingly slimmer" than the existing 15" MacBook Pros. Apple recently adopted the environmentally friendly LED backlit screens in its MacBook Pro models.

Steve Jobs will be giving the Macworld San Francisco 2008 keynote speech on January 15th, 2008.

No 3G iPhone, it's not needed yet, Perhaps mid year but really, who the hell uses 3G anyway?

Not needed??? Who uses 3G anyway??? Just a hunch, but a helluva lot of people! I'm sorry, but I've tried EDGE and it's slower than old-school dial-up modems. Meanwhile, 3G is capable of cable/DSL-like speeds. I don't know about you, but I don't like to wait. Apple's not getting an iPhone in my hands (and I REALLY want one) until they offer a 3G model with GPS. Oh yeah, and they better do it quick, because Verizon is already prepping their 4G network.

man im still on gsm and i dont even think about using 3g atm since in germany we do have a good network, but i just dont see the need for me...

i mean... yea, i want an iphone too, but mainly because of the looks, lets face it, there are better phones out there but non that looks so good. ;)

my phone should have the ability to text message my friends and make calls...plus it should look great, please.

but that may be just me, i for myself need no 3g, to put it short, and so dont my friends, non of them has 3g and noone i know, til now... but yea, maybe thats just me and im fine with people who want/need it. its okay. :)

but... just out of couriosity...: are there more edge/non-3g users than 3g-users or vice versa? if first... apple made a good decision, which is my opinion anyways. :)