Photo

How do I get rid of tabs in Firefox?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cosrocket

cosrocket

Neowinian

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:33

I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.11, there are 4 tabs of sites that I have visited that for some reason I just can't get rid of. I close the tabs but every time I open Firefox the extra tabs show up. I don't want to get rid of being able to use tabs but why do these 4 insist on opening all the time? Is there a way to permanently delete them?

#2 gdodson

gdodson

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:39

Tools > Options > make sure that "When Firefox starts: "Show my home page"" is selected. Also check to see that you only have 1 home page.

#3 OP cosrocket

cosrocket

Neowinian

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:49

Tools > Options > make sure that "When Firefox starts: "Show my home page"" is selected. Also check to see that you only have 1 home page.

It does say "show my home page". This is what happens, I use Neowin as my home page, I checked out 2 items on dell.com and 1 from CompUSA. Now when I start Firefox all 4 tabs open, even after I close all of the tabs except Neowin. When I close Firefox and open it up again all 4 tabs open. Frustrating!

#4 generalt

generalt

Neowinian

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:55

open firefox, x out the tabs that you don't want to open every time, click tools->options and click the 'use current page' button for the homepage.

#5 OP cosrocket

cosrocket

Neowinian

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:02

open firefox, x out the tabs that you don't want to open every time, click tools->options and click the 'use current page' button for the homepage.

Yes, that did it. Appreciated!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!