Simply Windows XP is better than Vista

I'm sick of these threads! I never had any problems before SP1 and could use Aero fine, and basically... My graphics card is ****.

Yeah, there is a few quirks, but I really don't care about them, as they NEVER affect me.

But, XP has a few quirks in it as well on its second SP... Don't have XP anymore so I haven't tried SP3.

After Vista SP1 I have had 0 problems, not a thing wrong.

For everyone who starts these threads. Use Vista SP1...

I'm sick of these threads! I never had any problems before SP1 and could use Aero fine, and basically... My graphics card is ****.

Yeah, there is a few quirks, but I really don't care about them, as they NEVER affect me.

But, XP has a few quirks in it as well on its second SP... Don't have XP anymore so I haven't tried SP3.

After Vista SP1 I have had 0 problems, not a thing wrong.

For everyone who starts these threads. Use Vista SP1...

We know that Vista SP1 has improved much than Vista RTM, but I still think that is not up to XP SP3.

The release of XP, those infamous 2600 builds roaming around on the internet very quickly, getting into people's hands like early builds of Vista. How do they compare with each other?

Yes, XP also had compatibility issues for users coming from 98/98SE, but I remember very well and you probably too if you decide to stop defending Microsoft that there wasn't near as many stories and bs going around how XP versus how Vista nowadays. I don't recall this many dissatisfied customers who downgraded back to 98. I'm not saying they all stayed on XP, but it's simply foolish to compare the XP release and transition to Vista's if you remember it.

Where am I getting at with all this? I forgot, but I'm sure I had a good reason why I brought this up!

This review is far from the best review, but it's not false. On hardware that is capable of running Vista fairly well, XP performs better and that's all that seems to matter because Vista does not bring any major features to the table to convince us to stay.

This is ongoing and never-ending so please Microsoft, release Windows 7 within the year to shut everyone up about Vista vs XP and go on at creating a new debate: Vista vs Windows 7 (Vista SE)

okay, there's one thing that stops me from switching to Vista, just ONE thing, so if anyone here can tell me how to solve that ONE problem, I'll happily switch to Vista. The problem being : HOW TO SEND MAILS USING THE CONTACTS FOLDERS IN VISTA? Yes when I use XP I grouped the Outlook Express contacts with folders, and now I have hundreds of folders, when I want to send email to a group of people with Outlook Express, I just find the folder and send to all contacts in that folder. When I import those Contacts to Vista, they still stay in their correct folders, but wehn I use Windows Mail and go to contacts, all those thousands of contacts are listed together without folder. So anyone knows any way to, say, send email to all contacts in a certain contact folder under Vista?

If Vista suddenly decides to give the finger to all the Outlook Express users who used folders to organize their emails, then we'll just give the finger to Vista.

okay, there's one thing that stops me from switching to Vista, just ONE thing, so if anyone here can tell me how to solve that ONE problem, I'll happily switch to Vista. The problem being : HOW TO SEND MAILS USING THE CONTACTS FOLDERS IN VISTA? Yes when I use XP I grouped the Outlook Express contacts with folders, and now I have hundreds of folders, when I want to send email to a group of people with Outlook Express, I just find the folder and send to all contacts in that folder. When I import those Contacts to Vista, they still stay in their correct folders, but wehn I use Windows Mail and go to contacts, all those thousands of contacts are listed together without folder. So anyone knows any way to, say, send email to all contacts in a certain contact folder under Vista?

If Vista suddenly decides to give the finger to all the Outlook Express users who used folders to organize their emails, then we'll just give the finger to Vista.

Open that group folder, press ctrl+A, right click "Action" -> send email

I dont know if Windows Live Mail is better than using Windows Mail for groups.

edit: yea it is but you cant import them from WLM

edit again: Vista made my contact folder a music folder so i changed it back to a contact folder and now in the toolbar i see "New Contact Group" so its there. The only problem i have now is that when i click is a box shows up with an rex X and nothing happends. Same for "New Contact, Import, and Export. Some bug. :(

edit again and the last one : After unstalling Windows Live mail the menus above work. I can create a group and all i have to do is just right click it and "Action" -> send email. So make your folders into Contact groups. Try making a Contact group and selecting all the contacts you want and drag and drop it over the contact group icon.

Edited by Doli

Open that group folder, press ctrl+A, right click "Action" -> send email

I dont know if Windows Live Mail is better than using Windows Mail for groups.

edit: yea it is but you cant import them from WLM

edit again: Vista made my contact folder a music folder so i changed it back to a contact folder and now in the toolbar i see "New Contact Group" so its there. The only problem i have now is that when i click is a box shows up with an rex X and nothing happends. Same for "New Contact, Import, and Export. Some bug. :(

edit again and the last one : After unstalling Windows Live mail the menus above work. I can create a group and all i have to do is just right click it and "Action" -> send email. So make your folders into Contact groups. Try making a Contact group and selecting all the contacts you want and drag and drop it over the contact group icon.

thanks for the reply, I know the Windows Mail can show contacts by contact groups, but the problem is, currently all my contacts are organized with folders, not contact groups, and I'm talking about hundreds of folders, some nested multiple levels inside others, so manually change those folders into contact groups would be too much work :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

OK.

So this includes a few reasons why I still use XP, but to be fair, I'll probably go to Vista when I need the DX10 support.

I had a few problems the first time I used it, and I wasn't (I'm still not) particularly fond of the default interface, or the selection of visual styles for Vista.

• 4 weeks later...
This is just poor... you just don't know how to use your computer or you've got a load of crap installed if your getting system locks and crashes.

NO problems with Vista..

David.

I agree with you except for one thing, i kept getting crashing due to a audio driver. I've updated the driver and still the system will crash from time to time. It is driver related and unfortunately Vista cannot over come it.

I'm on a Via Mobo socket 939. Works great except the auido driver crashing things while gaming, not consistently though. I can play for hours and then it crash, or I can play just 10 min and crash. :s