Simply Windows XP is better than Vista

Vista = DRM is so 2006, it's not even funny anymore.

Vista works okay for me. Sure, in the same 2.5 years old computer, XP runs better. But vista doesn't run bad either. Since when did newer versions of windows consume less resources than their immediate predecessor? It's like saying that 2000 is better because it runs better than XP on a computer.

The thing is, for most people, vista doesn't do anything new or anything better than XP, and that's the whole argument. It's true, Vista is not the breakthrough operating system Microsoft had hoped. But it still something newer and supposedly better, so if your computer can handle it, why not try it?

I have tried vista on 3 computers, one of them is more than 3 years old.... and no major problems so far, in any of them.

Vista = DRM is so 2006, it's not even funny anymore.

Question for the entire forum:

How has Vista's DRM crippled your experience viewing any type of multimedia content?

retarded article. every new version of Windows is hit w/ the same criticism. yeah, Vista is slower for gaming right now... but guess what, XP was slower than Win98. i remember all these people exclaiming, "use 98 for gaming! more fps!"

it's the same jargon each time. there's nothing wrong w/ Vista.

Question for the entire forum:

How has Vista's DRM crippled your experience viewing any type of multimedia content?

It hasn't crippled my ability to do that one bit :laugh:

Vista? Nah! Forget it until 2009. I will not be an unpaid beta tester for Microsoft Vista trialware for a couple of years. Nope. Bring me the finished article and I'll buy it. Give me a half baked, incomplete OS and you can keep it. Got XP and quite simply - It does everything I want it to do, everything works well and it's fast. What more could I want :yes:

P.S and yes I've tried Vista. And I like it but it ain't coming out of the oven till it's baked. :no:

This article reeks of bad english.

Half the time I couldn't understand if you were praising vista or XP because you seem to say XP as the "upgraded" version, whilst in another sentence Vista is the upgraded version.

Poorly written and just another sad stab at Vista.

Wait a year, everyone will be on Vista and people like you would've shut up or shut down.

You also forget that Vista's problems are 500% ram issues. When XP came out the recommended ram was 128mb. Machines nowadays are using up to and beyond 4 gb of memory (DDR 2 none the less)

You are comparing an OS designed for 128mb performance using a computer that's got 32x the ram vs a OS designed for 1gig with only 2x or 1x amount of ram.

Come back to me when you have 32gigs of DDR4 ram and then tell me which one is faster.

Vista has worked for me almost 100% since release. I don't know what people complain about. Technology advances, so do OS's. If you have crappy hardware and try to install a new OS on it, chances are something won't work. That's just the way it is.

Vista will rock when everyone has a quad core, 8 gigs of memory and the latest video card.

+1. Soooo anyone wanna donate hardware to me so I can run Vista? :laugh:

Moreover, nothing in the new Vista system justify the big decrease of performance.
Ubuntu, or whatever system, doesn't need as much big hardware requirements as Vista, to work at their best.

If Vista would rock, then Ubuntu would dance & fly high.

QFT

Gaming:

two line bats for you

stop glass -> net stop uxsms

and -> net start uxsms

done, do that when you want to play a heavy Dx9 and the fps is the same as XP if not better

(test system: core2duo 6400, 2gb RAM, 7900Gto and UT3 in 1280x1024 with world and detail quality at 3-3, latest Nvidia drivers for both XP and Vista)

Vista with uxsms (glass) ON in ut3 in coret map : 48-50

Vista with uxsms (glass) OFF in ut3 in coret map : 56-62

XP in ut3 in coret map : 55-59

peace

Gaming:

two line bats for you

stop glass -> net stop uxsms

and -> net start uxsms

Not!

For those that don't know, running these commands stops and starts DWM, the presentation that draws Aero Glass. Unless you run your games in windowed mode stopping DWM before launching the game will have Zero effect on the performance of the game.

The reason is that a full screen game needs exclusive access to the video card. As such, when exclusivity is required, Windows shuts off DWM automatically.

I only use XP because it's what I'm used to and is what this computer came with. I've seen/tried Vista in stores and it looks great. I wouldn't complain when buying a new comp if it was preinstalled, I'm just not gonna buy it to upgrade on this one :)

Not really any point in bashing Vista so much when most PCs have it preinstalled and XP is slowly going to die anyway...

This article reeks of bad english.

You also forget that Vista's problems are 500% ram issues. When XP came out the recommended ram was 128mb. Machines nowadays are using up to and beyond 4 gb of memory (DDR 2 none the less)

Come back to me when you have 32gigs of DDR4 ram and then tell me which one is faster.

Ok I tried to be level headed with your points but buddy, commenting on someones bad english then typing the following is just as bad ;)

500% ram issues
no such thing! 100% is 100%, all , full, complete, total, maximum (get my point)

How many machines do you know (running Vista x32) running over 4gb (ill give you a clue a sweet sod all my friend ;))

Dont take this as an attack on you matey or me defending the OP btw :)

I have Vista 32 & Vista 64s in my test lab for work purposes and you know what its a half assed half baked Os (not quite as bad as WinMe but not far off it) Granted it gets better the more RAM you throw at it , but come on lets be serious does your system REALLY need more than 2gb of RAM? (apart from extending your E-manhood) for an Operating system (compare it to W2k3 server running a domain for 200 desktop clients and running IIS, DC role and print server queues thats quite happy on 2-4gb) Should your home desktop get by on the same level of RAM requirements............

As always Wait for SP1 and SP2 then Vista will be more of what it should have been. (Heck its a MS OS they are ALWAYS the same!!) (W2k and XP was EXACTLY the same before service packs)

Edited by Mando

Whats your system specs and did you try SP1 or RTM? Vista works fine for me or should I say better than XP. I used to format my drive every now and then because XP used to become very slow with Vista Ive never had that problem.

On my PC Vista where clearly slower than XP, in games, Internet and file moving. I don't Bash Vista for more.

BUT, In 2003 I remember than on my PC of that time, XP where definitely slower than 2K or 98SE.

Soon, the same process will roll again, Vista will be better than XP and we will hate Windows Seven...

I was the biggest vista hater on here and i installed it a few weeks back in boredom and fell in love. Someone has made a fully working sblive 5.1 driver. TF2 works fine. Got a great animated background of snow falling and the winter theme beats the pants off XP and windowblinds.

Vista finally works for me, but its taken a year to get to this stage it was useless before

post-7-1197915179_thumb.jpg

Whats your system specs and did you try SP1 or RTM? Vista works fine for me or should I say better than XP. I used to format my drive every now and then because XP used to become very slow with Vista Ive never had that problem.

So, does that mean your due for a name change....to 'ozzieVISTA'

No offense I guess only a dumb noob with with hardware problems has crashes these days on Vista. I'm loving it, and there ain't any noticeable frame rate drops playing on it plus the games folder is awesome.

Oh so Hilarious! An article making fun of Vista..... this hasn't been done before, it's so fresh and innovative! Two thumbs up, whoever wrote this must be a ****ing genius, seriously I love it! This is definitely worth having in the Back Side News forum. ZOMG LOL ROFL HAHAHAHAHA !!!111!!1!!!
And your comment is insightful because?

Don't you think there's a reason why so many people are doing this and why this looks so familiar? There is no need to defend Microsoft here. They are not our friends, they're a company that wants our money.

I won't repeat why Vista's release isn't like XP's release because this gets repetitive, but in a few words, XP removed that barrier that separated the 9x and NT worlds. That alone made it worth it.

This is just poor... you just don't know how to use your computer or you've got a load of crap installed if your getting system locks and crashes.

NO problems with Vista..

If you did know how to use a computer, you wouldn't have a load of crap installed with or without Vista. I guess UAC helps you?

The horse is still dead quit beating on it. To the OP it would be in your best interest to not troll around the internet looking for articles like this then post them in the BPN which already has plenty of them just like it. If by posting this you wanted to appear like a jackass then sir you have convinced me.

How many more blogs, cnets, etc.. will post these "reviews" before someone says enough is enough.

Yes Vista has had it's share of problems, this topic has been done to death, same old answer, WAIT IT OUT, BUGS IN VISTA WILL BE WORKED OUT. SAME THING HAPPENED IN XP. SO PLEASE JUST S..T....F....U already.

On my PC Vista where clearly slower than XP, in games, Internet and file moving. I don't Bash Vista for more.

BUT, In 2003 I remember than on my PC of that time, XP where definitely slower than 2K or 98SE.

Soon, the same process will roll again, Vista will be better than XP and we will hate Windows Seven...

I don't think that "we" will hate Windows7.....hearing about the features it gonna include.....WOW!!!!

I will stick with XP, i have been using it since it first came out. took the upgrade route from 98se and the only problem i had with it then was a driver for my scanner and dial up modem, all resolved easily enough though with a temporary alteration to the registry to fool the scanner driver and just tried a few modem drivers till i found one that worked ok with it. Pleased to say XP performed faster than 98se for me on that particular machine.

I have tried vista on my main machine, and took a big hit in game performance along with several other problems

that have been mentioned in this thread and promptly used the hard drive i had it installed on for a more worthy use.

I also bought a cheap laptop, ?300 with vista pre installed, ran like a dog, ditched Vista and put XP on it, and now i have a lappy that will do everything i want at a reasonable speed, a good value for money machine now:))

The best comparison i can make between vista and XP is this: try xp from a clean install, nurture and tweak it a little here and their to get the best out of it,

to make it vista style, just load it up with every bit of junk you can find on the net, and then it should perform on par with vista