Question

56 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hmm, I don't ever remember seeing a Supervisor yet (other than Fred), but I have seen most ever other type on the forums. Thanks for making them so clear cut Neo, this will help many newer users (especially with the newest created class MVC). Edited by mystic54

Posted

[quote name='mystic54' post='589076758' date='Dec 20 2007, 11:54']Hmm, I don't ever remember seeing a Supervisor yet (other than Fred), but I have seen most ever other type on the forums. Thanks for making them so clear cut Neo, this will help many newer users (especially with the newest created class MVC).[/quote]

If you go to the [url="http://www.neowin.net/forum/"]Forum's[/url] main page, there's a legend at the bottom of all possible groups at Neowin.

[img]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8225/groupsbf0.jpg[/img]

Those are links and if you click on one of them, a new page will open with a list of all members of that specific group ;)

There are currently five Supervisors :)

Posted

Sweet. I've pretty much had a good idea of what they are, but it's nice to see the explanations in writing. For example, I didn't know what kind of power Supervisors had; now I know who not to **** off :p

Posted

It's nice to see a clear list, I always found it a bit confusing when it came to working out who does what etc. I'm sure this will help newer members even more.

Posted

[quote name='mystic54' post='589076758' date='Dec 20 2007, 17:54']Hmm, I don't ever remember seeing a Supervisor yet (other than Fred), but I have seen most ever other type on the forums. Thanks for making them so clear cut Neo, this will help many newer users (especially with the newest created class MVC).[/quote]
The supervisors run around but don't post all the time, they still have to do their work. Fred is indeed here the most but Joel (silly_walks) tends to come along once in a while with his dry humor.

Posted

What do you get when you are a Subscriber?

Posted

[quote name='roadgeek9' post='589085403' date='Dec 24 2007, 14:50']What do you get when you are a Subscriber?[/quote]

A blog, no flood control and access to a special section.

Posted

Access to the hottest forum, plus you turn orange

Posted

[quote name='Rappy' post='589085411' date='Dec 24 2007, 15:54']A blog, no flood control and access to a special section.[/quote]
You forgot the infamous badge everyone is talking about nowadays.

Posted

[quote name='Rappy' post='589085411' date='Dec 24 2007, 15:54']A blog, no flood control and access to a special section.[/quote]
Don't forget: You also get the warm and fuzzy feeling to have supported the site and its community.

Posted

[quote name='Mephistopheles' post='589085423' date='Dec 24 2007, 14:57']Don't forget: You also get the warm and fuzzy feeling to have supported the site and its community.[/quote]

Oh Yes, plus theres an welcome party :shifty:

Posted

[quote name='Rappy' post='589085428' date='Dec 24 2007, 10:58']Oh Yes, plus theres an welcome party :shifty:[/quote]

you weren't supposed to mention that... :crazy:

Posted

I know this is a slightly old thread, but I do have one question about things like this...
What are the user rankings?

Posted

[quote name='roadgeek9' post='589101820' date='Dec 31 2007, 19:11']I know this is a slightly old thread, but I do have one question about things like this...
What are the user rankings?[/quote]

in the profile? The profile is any member or staff can go in to a persons profile and rate them. It does get abused a lot imo. may sites have disabled it.

as for those stars, those are based on your post count and the user titles.

Posted

[quote name='windows7' post='589129320' date='Jan 11 2008, 22:10']in the profile? The profile is any member or staff can go in to a persons profile and rate them. It does get abused a lot imo. may sites have disabled it.

as for those stars, those are based on your post count and the user titles.[/quote]
Sometimes they show rank as well.

Welcome to the forum man :)
1 person likes this

Posted

yeah the rank in member ship - less starts mean the lest you been here or posted. as the more stars the more postings. But tis not about post count its all about quality

thanks for the warm welcome

Posted

[quote name='windows7' post='589129320' date='Jan 11 2008, 22:10']in the profile? The profile is any member or staff can go in to a persons profile and rate them. It does get abused a lot imo. may sites have disabled it.

as for those stars, those are based on your post count and the user titles.[/quote]
I am asking about the stars, for example 3 = Neowinian3 and 5 = Resident Elite

I am asking about the stars, for example 250 = Neowinian3 and 1,000 = Resident Elite

Posted

Oh those are the stats/ "pimps" any site that has ipb or even mybb can create and edit their own. This includes how many stars each person gets.This is something neowin came up with. nothing really, just shows your place on then forum.

Posted

I've always wondered where supervisors stood :), good post.

Posted

[quote name='windows7' post='589130806' date='Jan 12 2008, 22:25']Oh those are the stats/ "pimps" any site that has ipb or even mybb can create and edit their own. This includes how many stars each person gets.This is something neowin came up with. nothing really, just shows your place on then forum.[/quote]
Yes, I'm pretty sure he gets it, he's just asking for a list of the titles and how many posts you need to get each one.

Posted

What about this other group I see...

Restricted (chat)

Maybe clarify these groups for people who don't know.

are these badges even real?
[img]http://uploads.neowin.net/forum/av-1340.png[/img]
[img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6374/ressigvp9.png[/img]

Posted

Unless you're proud of being restricted I don't see them being real. Neobond could also have created a shame pole but I don't see him doing that. Err ... or would he?

Posted

[quote name='lylesback2' post='589150009' date='Jan 20 2008, 22:54']What about this other group I see...

Restricted (chat)

[img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6374/ressigvp9.png[/img][/quote]

Those would just be plain embarrassing!

Posted

[quote name='lylesback2' post='589150009' date='Jan 20 2008, 22:54']What about this other group I see...

Restricted (chat)

[img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6374/ressigvp9.png[/img][/quote]
There not real, well I'm guessing there not. maybe the av if soe user isn't allowed to change their av, but still, doubtful.
Just people trying to make a point, possibly because they feel that have been treated unfairy by neowin or some Admin.
I personally think it's kinda childish.

Posted

hah, I was about the ask about the restricted ones....

I'm guessing it means they are banned from the IRC server, considering that your neowin account info is required to connect to it.
The badges are probably spoof's