RIAA wins fight to ID Kazaa user

The riaa can not do anything unless they PHYSICALLY PROVE u were sitting behind the computer using it at that time... simple as that...
Are there any legal experts here on neowin, because if there are I would REALLY like to get their view on this. The RIAA cannot just start handing out Jail time and fines to millions of people.
DEAR GOD! Somebody PLEASE shoot this woman!! I want her head!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Are there any legal experts here on neowin, because if there are I would REALLY like to get their view on this. The RIAA cannot just start handing out Jail time and fines to millions of people.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blame the DMCA and the idiot Republicrats who passed it. It gives subpoena power to the RIAA. Capitol Hill is a festering cesspool of everything wrong with the America.

Therefore, the Court grants RIAA's motion to enforce, and orders Verizon to comply with the properly issued and supported subpoena from RIAA seeking the identity of the alleged infringer.

And the bonehead judges go along with it.

Scary? Why? You afraid to get caught?

If they jail one of us, they are gonna have to jail all of us and they don;t have enough space in prison for 100,000 users +.

Besides, what are they worrying about? Microsoft *cough* *big laugh* is creating an encryption technology that will prevent people from copying music CDs.

YEAH RIGHT! - WHAT A JOKE!

They can't even protect their own OS from hackers! - JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA....Please Billy......

Yes, I think Im the guy they are after! ( dumbass )

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Blame the DMCA and the idiot Republicrats who passed it. It gives subpoena power to the RIAA. Capitol Hill is a festering cesspool of everything wrong with the America.

And the bonehead judges go along with it.

Republicrats... were you making a statment with that or was it a mistake?

This really is rediculous. I wouldn't be into music in the way that I now am if it wasn't for P2P networks, what with the only true way to hear it before you buy being MTV and radio station, and those only play what they want when they want. Sales have been dropping more and more since they started fighting agains't file sharing, maybe that's the problem. Film makers haven't said a word and they face the exact same thing!

Republicrats... were you making a statment with that or was it a mistake?

heh, no Im sure he means that the republicans are the same as the democrats, both being ruled by the BIG money thats apperent in washington

I have 3000 media files on my pc, all illegal, but I figured out, just dont share them, and u wont get busted.

If everybody did that then nobody could download anything :(

Well, I can say that I'm no legal expert but since in the US the law states possesion sp?? is 9 tenth 10th of law. Owner of computer meaning if the "license" is under your name, or mom's, they get busted. But, like we all seen that some time ago, they were screenshooting people in like Switzerland and sending em checks for what they saw. How do you know whats what?? I don't, when and IF I get on there, go get something, and BAM it ain't what it says. I can say if you ever fear RIAA, and they come bangin down the door. May I suggest a lovely proggy by Munga Bunga HDKP (Hard drive killer Pro) Pretty cool but don't play with it too much. Anyway, notice that Verizon was the company being used. HA HA makes me laugh corporate punks. But since the Fritz Holling Bill 2048 passed we'll have to see how all this TCPA thing will all pan out. Oh, just so you want to know here's how Kazaa helps me :devil:

Sorry if its big? :( :blush:

Edited by Vaichilds

Well, I can say that I'm no legal expert but since in the US the law states possesion sp?? is 9 tenth 10th of law. Owner of computer meaning if the "license" is under your name, or mom's, they get busted. But, like we all seen that some time ago, they were screenshooting people in like Switzerland and sending em checks for what they saw. How do you know whats what?? I don't, when and IF I get on there, go get something, and BAM it ain't what it says. I can say if you ever fear RIAA, and they come bangin down the door. May I suggest a lovely proggy by Munga Bunga HDKP (Hard drive killer Pro) Pretty cool but don't play with it too much. Anyway, notice that Verizon was the company being used. HA HA makes me laugh corporate punks. But since the Fritz Holling Bill 2048 passed we'll have to see how all this TCPA thing will all pan out. Oh, just so you want to know here's how Kazaa helps me :devil:

Sorry if its big? :( :blush:

would u like a cookie? :no:

Aren't you stupid.

You know, it's not smart to announce "I'm a warez god" on Neowin.

Microsoft checks these forums, too.

Well, neowin doesnt give them there IPs so they cant do anything, and I would love to see MS try to sue some 13 year old kids anyway :p

I'm getting more and more concerned that in less than 5 years time, File sharing will be illegal, and prosecutable. Get downloading now, I guess.

If they stop file sharing online, people will just borrow CDs from friends and burn them, it wouldnt effect much if they did :p

And if they ever make a copy protected CD that works, you can still use the line in on your sound card to copy the music :p :rofl:

Did I say how they helped?? NO

Does Microsoft care about Kazaa..? HMMMM maybe.. But not to the extent of my post

And lets not cry about it! mmmmkay?

Proof is in the pudding, and I've eaten mine....alot of it

Please give me my cookie, yes :yes: :yes: :yes:

Only thing to remember is...Money has been dispersed, lots and lots of it. Both on box and games. So I pulled my pic so others like yourselves don't cry or ask for some leaching privies

Aren't you stupid.

You know, it's not smart to announce "I'm a warez god" on Neowin.

Microsoft checks these forums, too.

Well, neowin doesnt give them there IPs so they cant do anything, and I would love to see MS try to sue some 13 year old kids anyway :p

That screenshot could be "faked" too, all you have to do is rename a bunch of folders and files to match commercial software/MP3s. :p

Anyhow back to the topic... :yes:

You want game screenies man???? How lame!! Let us hook up on MSN and one at a time I'll send the pics. In fact, I may even create a wonderful RAR or ZIP for ya! I have this thing..... When my character dies, I take a screenshot. So I have all of em. This includes Flight Sims, and FPS's I use em from time to time as the wallpaper. BTW not all my games are there either, I still have the C and F drives both FULL of games. This box is 100% gamers delight ATI Radeon 9700 Ultra Series 2 and all, so don't waste your time man. think man think

Wait till you get a load of the MP3 folder! I renamed those too hmmmm

You should some time challenge me to what pic you want, I'll immediatly post it so as to not let you believe it to be a fake

I have 3000 media files on my pc, all illegal, but I figured out, just dont share them, and u wont get busted.

If everyone had that Idea, then RIAA would when without courts invovled. Smart move. No file sharing is exactly what they want.

You want game screenies man???? How lame!! Let us hook up on MSN and one at a time I'll send the pics. In fact, I may even create a wonderful RAR or ZIP for ya! I have this thing..... When my character dies, I take a screenshot. So I have all of em. This includes Flight Sims, and FPS's I use em from time to time as the wallpaper. BTW not all my games are there either, I still have the C and F drives both FULL of games. This box is 100% gamers delight ATI Radeon 9700 Ultra Series 2 and all, so don't waste your time man. think man think

Wait till you get a load of the MP3 folder! I renamed those too hmmmm

You should some time challenge me to what pic you want, I'll immediatly post it so as to not let you believe it to be a fake

:( i dont think hes chalenging you, he just saying that noone could take legal action over you from a screenshot that COULD be faked by a 3 year old. . . .

a question, what about kazza lite? can they see us there?

Yes. If you're sharing files, they can get your address by using netstat or what a firewall says the incoming connection to their machine is if they DL from you. At least, that's what I do.

They probably have better tools.

We stil have IRC and you can't stop that!

Were you not around for the big FBI busts last yr or the yr before?

The IRC scene went deadly quiet after that for a good few months, channels all hitting +i with keys, groups scared to serve.

A few more busts like that, taking out some significant groups, and I bet you it'd die down again for a longer time.

I hate the fact that everyone on neowin seems to think IRC is some form of p2p style app.

I would love to see MS try to sue some 13 year old kids anyway :p

Yeah! I can just see it on the 10 o'clock news:

I am so sick of the RIAA's whining. They shot themselves in the foot, and now they're crying about it. Maybe if they didnt spend so much time suing people, they could release some good music, music people would be willing to pay for, and we wouldnt have this problem.

But no, they've chosen the stubborn, closeminded route.

They blame p2p networks for the decline in record sales. If the internet were somehow just nonexistant for 1 week (main servers offline or something), i would bet that record sales might increase a measly .000000001%. I'd love to see the RIAA try to blame p2p if that happened :p

You gotta love the RIAA's inablity to see that people arent willing to pay 12 dollars or more for a cd that has maybe 1 good song out of 15, with the other 14 sounding like garbage.

Well I'm a canuck so ah hmmm how does that work out with their lil ghey law? Canada really is great land of the free and home of the passive. :D

Don't be surprised if they do pass something like the DMCA in Canada. I will protest loud and strong before they do anything like that believe me. The Liberal gov't is sleeping happily on the money the MPAA and RIAA gives them as much as any other party. Money talks so the party elected doesn't matter, unless of course you're willing to vote for the Marijuana or Natural Law party come 2004.

If they jail one of us, they are gonna have to jail all of us and they don;t have enough space in prison for 100,000 users +.

so because police give one person a speeding ticket, they have to give everyone one? i don't think so. this is warped logic my friend. man i hate america sometimes.