Fringe - Season One

I'm curious as to why Fox picked this show up and not ABC. Abrams has already had two highly successful shows on ABC (Alias and Lost). I wonder if Abrams decided to only pitch it to Fox or what?

I'm curious as to why Fox picked this show up and not ABC. Abrams has already had two highly successful shows on ABC (Alias and Lost). I wonder if Abrams decided to only pitch it to Fox or what?

I thought that the other day, maybe he feels that Fox is gonna be a better network for it.

I thought that the other day, maybe he feels that Fox is gonna be a better network for it.

From the original post,

FOX won a bidding war for "Fringe" back in early October, giving a series commitment to the science fiction-inflected thriller and signing on for an ambitious pilot budget in the $10 million range, according to the industry trade papers.

I think that's why...

Yeah but it just seemed strange they put it around as Abrams likes ABC (Six Degrees, Lost, Alias etc).

I'm shocked ABC didn't fight. I mean, Lost must have brought in more than enough cash to justify fighting Fox for the show. Oh well, I doubt it will hurt Fringe, I was just curious about that. I still look forward to seeing the pilot.

That TV trailer left me in shock and awe. I'm going to have babies with The Fringe!

• 2 weeks later...
Abrams' TV 'Fringe' gets comic book prequel

The hip media empire of J.J. Abrams (Alias, Lost, Cloverfield, the next Star Trek film) expands into comic books this fall when DC Comics offers a prequel to his upcoming TV series on Fox, Fringe. Writers and artists are being decided, but DC says the comic version will hit the stands on Aug. 27, two weeks before the two-hour premiere airs on Sept. 9.

Speculation about the show is building at online fan sites amid word that the opener involves paranormal investigators looking into the mysterious landing of a jetliner with dead passengers. Sounds like a certain island, but the producers say the show will feature self-contained stories, ? la Twilight Zone or X-Files, rather than one fantastic saga. Abrams is joined as executive producers on the project by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who also are working on the Star Trek reboot film expected in 2009.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

A DVD screener of the pilot has been leaked.

Most the shows who have their pilots leak last year got cancelled, its a sad fact :(

Most the shows who have their pilots leak last year got cancelled, its a sad fact :(
I happen to have "acquired" said pilot and just finished watching it - they better not cancel this show! The pilot is really really promising - to be honest, it's the best Abrams has done if you ask me.

I won't spoil anything here, but the pseudo-science in the pilot is just awesome and I'm really a big fan of that, so for me that's really great news. Also the suspense and everything is just spot on. If you ask me, this show is better that all those shows last year which got cancelled (Jericho etc.).

I happen to have "acquired" said pilot and just finished watching it - they better not cancel this show! The pilot is really really promising - to be honest, it's the best Abrams has done if you ask me.

That's because you haven't seen Lost. :p lol

I'm looking forward to this show too. Let's see where that pilot is.. :shifty:

That's because you haven't seen Lost. :p lol

I'm looking forward to this show too. Let's see where that pilot is.. :shifty:

Well - at a certain point Lost lost my interest, because I thought - and, admittedly, wanted the series to head in another direction. I Wasn't pleased with the way it was going, so I stopped watching ^^;

Well - at a certain point Lost lost my interest, because I thought - and, admittedly, wanted the series to head in another direction. I Wasn't pleased with the way it was going, so I stopped watching ^^;

You stopped watching waay to early to know which direction they're going. It's still not even clear what direction they're going in, that's the beauty of the series. :p