Fringe - Season One

Well - at a certain point Lost lost my interest, because I thought - and, admittedly, wanted the series to head in another direction. I Wasn't pleased with the way it was going, so I stopped watching ^^;

*shoots* :p

Lost is awesome tho if you didn't like where it was going fair play right now its at a place where you will either continue or just give up so if you gave up back then theres no real point restarting.

*shoots* :p

Lost is awesome tho if you didn't like where it was going fair play right now its at a place where you will either continue or just give up so if you gave up back then theres no real point restarting.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lost is extremely well crafted - from what I hear from friends (status-seeker for instance) there's some things which are really cool, however, as I said... I thought it'd be something entirely different and that put me off :p

now - we should get back on topic... :p

I would like to note that I'm seeing some discussion on the leaked pilot episode, not necessarily in this thread. Please DO NOT discuss obtaining the episode as it is not legally available for download. Any discussion about it, and suggesting obtaining it will be removed per our rules and the poster may be warned.

It is ok to discuss what is in the pilot episode, as that does not necessarily require you to view it (i.e. information posted on other websites may give away information regarding the episode). But until Fox releases the episode for everyone to watch, it is considering copyright infringement and thus warez.

I would like to note that I'm seeing some discussion on the leaked pilot episode, not necessarily in this thread. Please DO NOT discuss obtaining the episode as it is not legally available for download. Any discussion about it, and suggesting obtaining it will be removed per our rules and the poster may be warned.

It is ok to discuss what is in the pilot episode, as that does not necessarily require you to view it (i.e. information posted on other websites may give away information regarding the episode). But until Fox releases the episode for everyone to watch, it is considering copyright infringement and thus warez.

Good Call Hurmoth!

Plus Pilots aren't final they change quite alot before we see it on telly i.e story changes and casting.

Thread Cleaned

I don't think some of you understand. Admitting to watching the episode means you have illegally obtained the pilot as the only way to current see it is via torrent. Future posts admitting to seeing this will result in a warning.

Didn't see the initial warning, sorry if I seemed like I was purposely ignoring your warning...

On a side note, in my opinion it's Fox themselves that use this technology to generate some talk... :D

^ I'm actually starting to agree with you there. I keep seeing more and more leaks and I have to wonder how this could be without someone higher level authorizing it first.

Same thing for last year's Hostel 2, which was leaked way before the film came out (I think two months before, something like that). Filmmakers are not doing a very good job keeping an eye on their work, or they're allowing it to happen.

I think its a shame because it takes a shine of the series launching I mean the viewing figures will still be in the millions but in the long run its a massive shame because of the hard work gone into it.

sixfingeredman.jpg

Leave it to J.J. Abrams to do some weird viral video promotion. According to Mahalo, if you perform a certain series of clicks on the Fox Fringe website, it brings you to this video of a twelve-fingered man.

The video is linked to a YouTube channel and website called PortalToIndia. You have to wonder if it's someone else's legitimate site or J.J. Abrams having fun with us.

Mahalo also gives a set of fast facts:

Alleged creator: Stuart Sims

To access: Hover mouse over image until it turns into a six-fingered hand, then click

Namaste: Frequently heard phrase on Lost

Has denied any connection to Fringe

Site registry via Concentric's Private Domain Registration service

Abrams has done a similarly cryptic type of promotion for Lost before the show ever aired. I wonder if the twelve-fingered man has any significance to the premise behind Fringe? Perhaps one of the characters suffer from polydactylism?

Finally, did the twelve-fingered man kill the father of Inigo Montoya?

The "X-Files"-esque pilot focuses on an odd trio of paranormal investigators -- A brilliant, eccentric research scientist, his estranged son and a young, female FBI agent.

:sleep:

• 4 weeks later...

Fringe Trailer 1

Fringe Trailer 2

Fringe Trailer 3

Fringe Trailer 4

Comic-Con

JJ again confirms that they didn't purposely leak the pilot online. He adds it wasn't a finished product - scenes were missing, music hasn't been locked, effects weren't finished

I hope the hype is justified, early reviews of the pilot were promising but it wasn't the final deal so will wait for newer reviews!