Windows 7 M1 is here...

Why this image is fake:

livebetaswin7so6.jpg

Look at the far right(in all programs):

It says "MSN Messenger 12"

The fact that MSN messenger no longer is available but re-branded with the word "Windows Live Messenger"

And WLM is still currently in private beta as WLM9! How does it jump to 12?

PS:It has the Mac version of WLM Icon

IE8 is currently not out but then how does 11 come up???

Originally posted on the 17th and you're trying to crack a fail joke now? Little late I think.

zcollvee

Everyone already pointed out that stuff already. Anyone who has ever used Longhorn would know what they were really looking at there.

And btw, OSbeta is not really a valid source for such things. They have plenty fake and made screenshots on their site. In most of the cases those are Photoshoped or made out of late builds of Longhorn.

Originally posted on the 17th and you're trying to crack a fail joke now? Little late I think.

zcollvee

Everyone already pointed out that stuff already. Anyone who has ever used Longhorn would know what they were really looking at there.

Hi, Sorry about that.

I am new here and I haven't had time to look at all the posts. I thought that if I posted it then I would be the first without anyone else running away with my thoughts :)

Thanks anyway

Why this image is fake:

livebetaswin7so6.jpg

Look at the far right(in all programs):

It says "MSN Messenger 12"

The fact that MSN messenger no longer is available but re-branded with the word "Windows Live Messenger"

And WLM is still currently in private beta as WLM9! How does it jump to 12?

PS:It has the Mac version of WLM Icon

IE8 is currently not out but then how does 11 come up???

dude... your good at it... in your first post ... good luck :p

Friends, those screenshots are FAKE !!

Everyone looked at the version of IE, Windows Messenger, but I am surprised that most of them have failed to look at the Date what is been displayed in the sidebar!!

Here is a bigger version of that portion,

fake-windows-7.jpg

The date says Sunday December 15

Taken that its Windows Seven, and Copyright 2007, what was December 15th, 2007 - Its Saturday!!!!

:laugh:

Most likely not. Microsoft cherishes compatibility, which is a key reason they will be a reason a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Client.

I figured that's more of a hardware compatibility thing, since there are still so many 32-bit computers out there. I'm really hoping they'll clean up a lot of the legacy software clutter though, maybe do backwards compatibility for old programs with virtualization.

Thanks for quoting whole huge goddamn post just to get post a stupid image macro. If someone fails, it's you!

haha yes my thoughts exactly..

One of those pictures is funny where it says "please what"

Friends, those screenshots are FAKE !!

Everyone looked at the version of IE, Windows Messenger, but I am surprised that most of them have failed to look at the Date what is been displayed in the sidebar!!

Here is a bigger version of that portion,

fake-windows-7.jpg

The date says Sunday December 15

Taken that its Windows Seven, and Copyright 2007, what was December 15th, 2007 - Its Saturday!!!!

:laugh:

Oh wow.

That was good;)

Windows 7.0 with 6.1.x build? That's a fake!

Win7 doesn't exist. All news about Win7 are pure FUD against Vista.

Where you been lately? Because it does actually exist. No REAL screenshots exist though. I'm actually surprised that not even one small screen has come out yet unless it's gone over my head.

Where you been lately? Because it does actually exist. No REAL screenshots exist though. I'm actually surprised that not even one small screen has come out yet unless it's gone over my head.

The shots are there. Just that like what Nexus says... it's a race for sites to get shut down. that's why we don't see it ;).

Windows 7.0 with 6.1.x build? That's a fake!

Win7 doesn't exist. All news about Win7 are pure FUD against Vista.

Concerning kernel - at the moment M1 could have the same kernel as Vista SP1

You can see previous alpha-builds:

6410.0 (fbl_refactor_dev(jschwart).070409-1035)

6415.0 (debuggers(dbg).070404-1234)

6418.0 (debuggers(dbg).070404-1255)

6429.fbl_multimedia_media.070514-1730

6459.1 (fbl_shell_dex.070826-1730)

6469.1 (fbl_find_dev)

So Win7 exists ;)

Edited by deeper2k

I figured that's more of a hardware compatibility thing, since there are still so many 32-bit computers out there. I'm really hoping they'll clean up a lot of the legacy software clutter though, maybe do backwards compatibility for old programs with virtualization.

there's a lot of challenges to virtualizing legacy software, for example how do you go about implementing inter-process messaging? Without it, you break about every plugin on the planet. Its something Microsoft is looking at AFAIK, but I wouldn't count on seeing it in 7.

Windows Vista SP2 = Vienna?

Might just come true ;)

for this I'm not too sure, but it seems 7 is the new Vienna (or is Vienna pushed back?). Everyone missed Fiji tho. It's still there :).