Windows 7 M1 is here...

What's the point in asking for pics?? If somebody posts a pic it's promptly denounced as fake anyway.

I missed all the speculation and fake images popping up everyday from the Longhorn days ... I'm just glad all of it is back for round two :) :p.

That's right! Windows Vista, SP1 or no SP1, and Windows XP SP3 are nothing more than old news. Microsoft has started shipping an early development milestone of Windows 7, the successor of Windows Vista. At the end of the past week, the Redmond company was confirmed to have served Windows 7 Milestone 1, exclusively to key partners. At that time, Microsoft remained completely mute on Windows 7, not confirming and not denying, in fact not commenting at all on the evolution of the next iteration of Windows. But with Windows 7 Milestone 1 available outside of Redmond, the first details about the release have already been leaked.

It is clear that Steven codename Translucency Sinofsky, Senior Vice President, Windows and Windows Live Engineering Group, will not be all that happy about the

information about Windows 7 Milestone 1 Build 6.1.6519.1 available to the public. The details were posted on the Neowin forum and only contained references to the Windows 7 M1, no screenshots. In this context, it is quite hard to verify the validity of the data, so you will simply have to take it with a grain of salt. However, the report does feature a high level of consistency when it comes down to additional references to Windows 7 M1.

Well, the first Milestone of Windows 7 Build 6.1.6519.1 is apparently in need of serious tunning when it comes down to integrating with new machines. It is in this regard further proof that this is indeed an early development milestone with inherent issues. From the get-go, the main problems revolved around diver support.

"One my primary machine, it asked for my SATA driver (never happened when installing Vista, as my drives were set as IDE in BIOS). After adding the driver from my USB thumb drive it would finally install. It didn?t boot after first restart, however. On my laptop it installed perfectly, but with no driver support for the video card. After numerous tries I gave up in the end, so Aero is now left in the dark," revealed Steven Parker, Group: Administrator, citing the original post of the Neowin member.

At this point in time, there is nothing new to report in therms of graphical user interface. Apparently, the Redmond company has implemented Widows Aero on top of Windows 7 to serve as the GUI. "The GUI, as much of you have guessed, is very much like Vista. I don't know if once the right video card driver is in place whether there will be flashy stuffs to surprise me. The system is very responsive, using barely 480MB of memory after boot," Parker added.

Windows 7 Milestone 1 Build 6.1.6519.1 comes with a revamped Windows Explorer, new XAML fonts (Composite Fonts), and a standalone application dubbed the XPS Viewer. The operating system also brings to the table a revamped boot screen, that apparently is also reminiscent of Windows Vista.

"Gadgets are now integrated into explorer. You can right click on desktop and select 'Add Gadget' or 'Hide Gadget'. There is a new gadget called 'Windows Media Center' that displays now playing information from the WMC. On the same menu, 'Display' is added above 'Personalization' which gives you direct access to display DPI settings. The page is much more polished than the one in Vista. The start menu features a pin besides each item. Clicking on it toggles pinning/unpinning the item. Search in explorer is now states where you search within (usually being within the folder, as in Vista). You can now, however, adjust the size of the search box," Parker stated.

Microsoft is but a week away from celebrating Vista's first year anniversary since the operating system hit the shelves. At the same time, Windows 7 is apparently planned for late 2009 or early 2010, with Milestone dropping in April/May 2008, M3 in the second half of this year, and the first beta sometime in early 2009. Of course that Microsoft has failed to offer any official confirmation of the work being done with Windows 7.

"Highlights include 'network aware', with improved connection tools and detections. It will have the ability to detect which network you're in and switch your settings and devices accordingly; With Live account, you can carry your IE settings and favorites with you; Gadget data caching; New Calculator, Paint, and Wordpad using WPF; install to desktop in 10 mins with only 1 reboot; instant streaming; better battery mileage, etc. All descriptions are scenario-based, so what will actually turn up is still yet to know," Parker concluded.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-7-I...ook-76492.shtml

it links to u:):)

Even if this build is out who cares, it won't be worth the use until it hits beta anyways.

Alpha builds are more like dogfood builds and experimenting. I'll wait til the end of the year when the beta comes out..

Even if this build is out who cares, it won't be worth the use until it hits beta anyways.

Alpha builds are more like dogfood builds and experimenting. I'll wait til the end of the year when the beta comes out..

You know you would love to throw it in a virtual environment and play around.

Concerning kernel - at the moment M1 could have the same kernel as Vista SP1

You can see previous alpha-builds:

6410.0 (fbl_refactor_dev(jschwart).070409-1035)

6415.0 (debuggers(dbg).070404-1234)

6418.0 (debuggers(dbg).070404-1255)

6429.fbl_multimedia_media.070514-1730

6459.1 (fbl_shell_dex.070826-1730)

6469.1 (fbl_find_dev)

So Win7 exists ;)

Windows Vista for me began in 4074, at the stage of testing, followed by the current 6001. So I believe the numbers provided, and someone from Microsoft Portugal gave me this:

Windows Seven Evaluation Copy. Build 6134.16386 Internal (Lab 02)

I only hope the Screens promised for today, can be found on my website: http://livebetas.net/2008/01/22/exclusivo-...nternal-lab-02/

I'm not going to bash those screens. Although they appear fake... I have one thing to say:

If it's a fake, it's a really nice fake!

What ever it is, rather than pointing out the obvious that has been stated for 11 pages, I would like to get a copy of this fake OS (which looks a bit like Linux, hmmmm... ;))

wow....nice fake :) ...and talking about Win7 ...nah,the UI looks to clean for an alpha os .

Just waiting for some true captures....

I guess what bugs me is that we have EXCELLENT designers and coders and graphic artists, and they use their skills to provide fakes. I would much rather they use their skills to build programs and OS UI (for example ubuntu). I hate it when people try to fake us out. We respect people who give us working programs. But you don't get much respect from "pretending".

-Mike

Honestly, although this is a sign of progress, it's not at all very exciting. They are merely building and testing new features on top of Vista, and no real OS is actually taking shape yet.

Give it a year, guys. Maybe hopefully there will be something leaked so that we can play with it!

Honestly, although this is a sign of progress, it's not at all very exciting. They are merely building and testing new features on top of Vista, and no real OS is actually taking shape yet.

Give it a year, guys. Maybe hopefully there will be something leaked so that we can play with it!

All the original Longhorn builds were made on top of XP Professional before the code switch. So are you saying that Longhorn (Not the Vista we have today) is just XP with new features? You make no real point here.

Also, if the rumors are true, they're ahead of schedule with Windows 7. With a possible release in 2009. So when you say "give it a year" it might just be finished in a year. There's already a build given out by Microsoft. It's going to leak sooner or later. I'd say sometime in the next month, btu I wouldn't be surprised if it leaked tomorrow.

Someone is out there right now dying to leak it. It's always like that. Someone gets an alpha build and they sit on it for a bit before leaking it.

Well the thing with Development of windows 7 that makes better then Vistas development is that the Key under the hood changes and technologies for the most part are all in place and they are not building alot of things from scratch but utilizing a new already there Framework. that goes for everything audio/video/WPF/WCF/ and more

Windows Vista for me began in 4074, at the stage of testing, followed by the current 6001. So I believe the numbers provided, and someone from Microsoft Portugal gave me this:

Windows Seven Evaluation Copy. Build 6134.16386 Internal (Lab 02)

I only hope the Screens promised for today, can be found on my website: http://livebetas.net/2008/01/22/exclusivo-...nternal-lab-02/

Looks to be legit. Thanks!!! I think I will download it now.

What's the point in asking for pics?? If somebody posts a pic it's promptly denounced as fake anyway.

Right;)

Anyway I forgot to link to you'll guys. Just editing it up!

This place is already becoming my most fave forum.

LMAO, guys, you're all examining the jpeg with a magnifying glass, when all you have to do is look at the poor pidgin english that this nublet used. "Please what..." ... please what?..what what? ...what, get a ****ing life? ..what, don't try and fake an english OS without knowing english first?

btw, I'm not talking about that one video where it shoes this guy logging in, and a vista like interface, that was amazing.

Edited by -Hiroshi-

LMAO, guys, you're all examining the jpeg with a magnifying glass, when all you have to do is look at the poor pidgin english that this nublet used. "Please what..." ... please what?..what what? ...what, get a ****ing life? ..what, don't try and fake an english OS without knowing english first?

btw, I'm not talking about that one video where it shoes this guy logging in, and a vista like interface, that was amazing.

I saw that video earlier. Where the guy is opening up a 3d earth and all that? Is that actually the M1 build or another fake?