Photo

Windows 7 M1 is here...

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#121 y_notm

y_notm

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:10

No what? No they aren't fake? No they aren't building on a stripped down NT kernel? I know it's hard to type more than one word but give it a try, people might actually be able to understand you. :rolleyes:

Well, so much of your statement was just plain incorrect it was pretty all-encompassing to just say no. But since you insist, here we go:

Yeah, those pictures are embarrassingly fake. The only real pictures I know of right now are of MinWin running (the ASCII startup screen someone asked about earlier). The reason for that is they've stripped the NT kernel to the bone and have it running in text only mode without a GUI. They are going to build from that instead of on top of the previous version like they've been doing for years. That should get rid of a lot of legacy garbage, security problems and other bloat. I'm looking forward to it myself, but I really doubt there's much more to see right now. The user interface is usually the last thing that gets completed.

Yes, the pictures are laughably fake.
Yes, the only real pictures (I've seen anyway) have been from MinWin.
No to the rest.
MinWin is an effort to "Analyze the dependencies and carve out the lowest, smallest core component of Windows, that would be a standalone, testable slice of Windows, and that--analyzing the dependencies, cutting the lines, the cycles, from MinWin to higher level components, making sure that MinWin doesn't depend on anything else, that it's totally self-contained. It can be built separately from the rest of Windows and run independently."
They aren't scrapping IE, explorer, the DWM or any of what has been Windows NT for the past 15 years. They are just refactoring windows to make it easier to service, , which is what the bulk of your paragraph was about.

#122 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:29

I didn't mean to say they were scrapping IE, Explorer and all that. Of course not, I just meant they were going back to the basics and starting fresh. Obviously IE, the Explorer shell and other programs will be added back. Hopefully rewritten versions of a lot of it but I'm sure plenty of stuff in Vista will be updated and ported over. This gives them a chance to get rid of tons of legacy code though, a lot of backwards compatibility junk that has been holding Windows back and causing problems.

#123 Nexus-

Nexus-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:42

Indeed, didn't take it long at all. Just over a week since it went to OEM's really. One could assume the bits could leak soon as well, but time will tell that tale.

Also we will see what site scrambles to be the first to take the credit get shut down. :p

#124 y_notm

y_notm

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:54

I didn't mean to say they were scrapping IE, Explorer and all that. Of course not, I just meant they were going back to the basics and starting fresh. Obviously IE, the Explorer shell and other programs will be added back. Hopefully rewritten versions of a lot of it but I'm sure plenty of stuff in Vista will be updated and ported over. This gives them a chance to get rid of tons of legacy code though, a lot of backwards compatibility junk that has been holding Windows back and causing problems.

Most likely not. Microsoft cherishes compatibility, which is a key reason they will be a reason a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Client.

#125 xDayan

xDayan

Neowinian

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:15

this is a kake???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

save as video
http://osbeta-forum....rg/Windows7.avi

possible?

I think it's about time for the Fail Boat
Posted Image

#126 zcollvee

zcollvee

Neowinian

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:19

Why this image is fake:
Posted Image
Look at the far right(in all programs):
It says "MSN Messenger 12"
The fact that MSN messenger no longer is available but re-branded with the word "Windows Live Messenger"
And WLM is still currently in private beta as WLM9! How does it jump to 12?
PS:It has the Mac version of WLM Icon

IE8 is currently not out but then how does 11 come up???

#127 NightmarE D

NightmarE D

Proud father

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:20

Originally posted on the 17th and you're trying to crack a fail joke now? Little late I think.

zcollvee

Everyone already pointed out that stuff already. Anyone who has ever used Longhorn would know what they were really looking at there.

#128 Jacky L.

Jacky L.

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:23

Let's just say, why bother talking about it, cause you know, look at Longhorn, then look at Vista. /end

#129 bluefish

bluefish

Neowinian

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:26

And btw, OSbeta is not really a valid source for such things. They have plenty fake and made screenshots on their site. In most of the cases those are Photoshoped or made out of late builds of Longhorn.

#130 zcollvee

zcollvee

Neowinian

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:20

Originally posted on the 17th and you're trying to crack a fail joke now? Little late I think.

zcollvee

Everyone already pointed out that stuff already. Anyone who has ever used Longhorn would know what they were really looking at there.

Hi, Sorry about that.
I am new here and I haven't had time to look at all the posts. I thought that if I posted it then I would be the first without anyone else running away with my thoughts :)
Thanks anyway

#131 dr.bisho

dr.bisho

Neowinian

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:23

Why this image is fake:
Posted Image
Look at the far right(in all programs):
It says "MSN Messenger 12"
The fact that MSN messenger no longer is available but re-branded with the word "Windows Live Messenger"
And WLM is still currently in private beta as WLM9! How does it jump to 12?
PS:It has the Mac version of WLM Icon

IE8 is currently not out but then how does 11 come up???

dude... your good at it... in your first post ... good luck :p

#132 XPero

XPero

XPize / Vize original creator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:30

pretty much explained at the beginning of this thread. a good one for neobond tho :p.

As for validity, Neobond will have a say...

Looking forward to it :)

#133 Chaks

Chaks

(Unofficial) Microsoft Evangelist

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:50

Friends, those screenshots are FAKE !!

Everyone looked at the version of IE, Windows Messenger, but I am surprised that most of them have failed to look at the Date what is been displayed in the sidebar!!

Here is a bigger version of that portion,

Posted Image

The date says Sunday December 15

Taken that its Windows Seven, and Copyright 2007, what was December 15th, 2007 - Its Saturday!!!!

:laugh:

#134 UAC

UAC

Neowinian

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:29

Windows 7.0 with 6.1.x build? That's a fake!
Win7 doesn't exist. All news about Win7 are pure FUD against Vista.

#135 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:31

Most likely not. Microsoft cherishes compatibility, which is a key reason they will be a reason a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Client.

I figured that's more of a hardware compatibility thing, since there are still so many 32-bit computers out there. I'm really hoping they'll clean up a lot of the legacy software clutter though, maybe do backwards compatibility for old programs with virtualization.