RedHat Network Icon

Hey! in RH8, there used to be an icon next to the clock for the redhat network (blue check if all updated, red ! if updates, and green arrows if working.) it disappeared one day and now...... I WANT IT BACK.. anyone?

Are you sure you are not logged into KDE. Because it only works/appears in Gnome.

uh it also works in KDE. also you can goto start menu and look for red hat network

uh it also works in KDE. also you can goto start menu and look for red hat network

How do i make it appear in kde. When i go to the start menu and red hat network, all it does it start up2date. I want the icon. Thanks in advance.

Ross

here you go...

Its redhat 8.0 + all the updates = RedHat Phoebe Beta 2+

if you updated to phoebe, that also messes up rhn-applet and you fix that you need to delete a file from the python2.2 folder. If you did update to phoebe just post here and I'll tell you how to fix it.

Anyways, here a ss with rhn running in KDE.

post-30-1043559004.ibf

Ok i have run up2date in RH8. everyting is set. I have right clicked and chosen add but i have nothing to add that will show that.. .HELP! This is very frustrating! I was ok with it until i saw your screenshot! :) i appreciate all the help! what should i try? can you tell me what items are sleected to be on your panel and i will compare that to mine. THANKS

OK from another board (linuxquestions.org) i have found that by running

rhn-applet-gui &

it will appear. but when i close term window, it goes away! i want it to stay there and remain there upon reboot. help?

Ok i have run up2date in RH8. everyting is set. I have right clicked and chosen add but i have nothing to add that will show that.. .HELP! This is very frustrating! I was ok with it until i saw your screenshot! :) i appreciate all the help! what should i try? can you tell me what items are sleected to be on your panel and i will compare that to mine. THANKS

Me too! I still can't find how to get it to appear in KDE, and I wan't it :crazy:

alright, so you are still using 8.0....

try going to System Tools and then clicking on "RedHat network alert icon"

there's a slim chance that you'll get an "Unknown error" message. If you do, poast back here :)

alright, something else just came to my mind...

right click on the panel => Remove => Applet

and see if you have System Tray there. If you don't, then add it, logout and log back in.

alright, something else just came to my mind...

right click on the panel => Remove => Applet

and see if you have System Tray there. If you don't, then add it, logout and log back in.

ok did that. now i have the klipper down by my clock... thoughts on my next step?

I don't have "Red Hat Network Alert Icon". but if you will tell me what the command that your icon runs i will make my own. thanks for all your help and sticking with me.