RH 8 and microsoft hardware...

:edit: er he actually said that on a site he didnt email me yet :/edit:

yea worth a a try posting this was anyone here in the last ms beta program for Wireless Desktop Kit MN-620? if so I was wondering if you had any chance to use it for redhat 8... i saw a few pages about the notebook adapter working in rh8 with the but i want my desktop running rh8 that uses the wireless usb device to work..

i emailed this guy already but any help would be great. he said this.

"Just now I succeeded in using Microsoft's Wireless N/W hardware with RedHat Linux 8. The hardware I used: 1. Microsoft Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-520 2. Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-500 I added the following to /etc/pcmcia/config : card "Microsoft Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-520 1.0.3" version "Microsoft", "Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-520", "", "1.0.3" bind "orinoco_cs" I configured this device as eth1 and entered the following for Wireless configuration: 1. Mode: Ad-Hoc 2. SSID Specified : my_wireless_network_name Channel : 11 (I am using 11) Transmit : 11Mbps Key : my_encryption_key (for 128bit) This is working great for me. This is very useful for anyone using dual boot (I am using XP and RHL 8). My Windows XP uses the same hardware. Now RHL also uses the same hardware. If you have any questions regarding my setup please feel free to contact me at cuddapah@hotmail.com Thanx, Chakravarthy Cuddapah"

any help would be appreicated http://homepage.mac.com/cuddapah/wireless.html theres the link if you want to use the notebook adapter in rh. enjoy neowinners. :|