Ionized Water

Hi Guys,

I need some help to stop a family member from being ripped off in a new scam. A (once) trusted chiropractor for our family has turned granola and is now touting all these ridiculous fads to a family member and I worry that they're being ripped off. The latest venture he's trying to rope us into is "Kangen" (alkaline) water through Enagic's home water electrolysis device (~$4,000 CAD!!!).

I find it scary that my kin is so easily persuaded by pseudo science and gimmicky demonstrations that they're almost too willing to be taken in by the grandeur claims of rejuvenating properties, better health, lose weight, etc. and all the other claims that all scams use. I'm already convinced this is a scam because I've looked through all the documentation and haven't found a single creditable source with hard evidence or medical studies. It's all vague promises and generalizations of effects (ie. "helps remove free radicals" but never defines the term).

What I need is some help. I'm not far enough along in chemical or biological studies to accurately known or understand the processes this technology claims to utilize. Most all of their BS can be found at their website, or the product page of the specific device.

I would be grateful for any input that could be offered. I find this whole ordeal embarrassing and am almost desperate to stop the transaction. It's not really the amount of money that's concerning, but rather the principle of giving these pricks a single dime.

Thanks,

-Ax

I've read similar reports, but they only talk about the process and result of electrolysis, and not the "medical" applications of ionized the water. And they documents that fall in favor of the process (that I've found) almost exclusively come from Japanese sources.

-Ax