Sins of a Solar Empire

I must say I like the size of the new Titan ships. That is ludicrous.

image_thumb.png

Mind you, a Kol class battleship is a capital ship, which is already several times larger than usual frigates, which are themselves several times larger than fighters and bombers.

GameSpy was able to take a look at Rebellion, and posted their preview.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion/1219036p1.html

"Those Titans, super-capital ships which will become virtually unstoppable (except by another Titan) when fully leveled up, are built in a structure so large that it dwarfs even a starbase. The TEC Titan Foundry is an enormous shipyard that casts a looming shadow over half the gravity well. Titans must be researched and built in four stages, each of which alerts other players of what you're up to so they'll have a chance to catch you while you're vulnerable (having funneled lots of resources into your Titan project). "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Beta 2 is out now!

http://forums.sinsof...com/?aid=421154

This second beta release adds in the Advent Loyalist and Advent Rebel factions, in addition to updated balance and optimizations for the TEC Loyalist and Rebels in either single-player or multiplayer via Ironclad Online or LAN. Also included in this release:

• All the new technologies and balance of the Advent factions.
  • Construct the mind-controlling Loyalist Coranata or the devastating Rebel Eradica titans.
  • Expand your fleets with the new Discord class battleship capital ship and Acolyte/Vespa corvettes.
  • Steam Cloud support for save games.
  • More performance optimizations, graphics updates and lots more!
  • For a full change log, visit: http://forums.sinsof...pire.com/421091

Awesome. Was waiting for the Advent. The first beta almost turned me to TEC due to the new turtle powerhouse that is the TEC Loyalists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New beta update (2c) is out now and available via Steam.

Lots of changes, and the full changelog can be found here.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/423729

Change Log:

[ Graphics ]

Splash loading screen added to provide player feedback while assets are being loaded.

Added large debris pieces for all capital ships and titans (per race).

Shield shader updated slightly to make shields more visible (work-in-progress).

Fixed shield meshes on various titans.

[ Gameplay ]

TEC

Starbase Self Destruct ability updated:

Blast will now affect strike craft.

Range increased to 9000/14000.

Damage changed to 4000/9000.

Corsev Battlecruiser Balance Adjustments:

Max HP increased from 2978 to 3127.

Max Shields increased from 1218 to 1279.

Max Antimatter increased from 210 to 270.

Antimatter per level increased from 20.25 to 35.

Laser damage increased from 75 to 82.5.

Updated Laser weapon timing (visuals).

Overhauled Salvage Operations ability system. Should now properly give bonuses for Boarded and non-Boarded ships.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bigger and more stable than ever, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will happily strip-mine your life of its free time."

The beta has been happily doing just that for me and all my friends.

I have been playing sins lately on steam, getting back into the feel for the game. Looking forward to the new expansion.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The first DLC for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion has been announced!

Forbidden Worlds will arrive on June 5th, and includes:

• Four new planet types to colonize and exploit (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
  • New Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output. Devoting your planet to social improvements will increase its population and culture, at the cost of trade income and ship production. Choosing an industrial path will limit your growth and culture, but make your planet a trading and ship building powerhouse.
  • 15 new research subjects allow the races to conquer and expand onto the forbidden worlds.
  • Discover 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins? universe.
  • Unlock five new Steam Achievements and display your mastery of forbidden space!

ScreenShot_Favorite-3.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up Rebellion on the Steam sale, it's an awesome game so far, looking forward to getting into it :)

Are those DLC's worth buying?

It was when it was on sale for $2.49 USD. And it still is for $4.99 USD.

Picked up Rebellion on the Steam sale, it's an awesome game so far, looking forward to getting into it :)

Nice. It's really when once you get the hang of things.

I have a gift copy that I planned on giving to my best friend. Turns out he already bought it for himself. If anyone wants it, then I can give it to them for $10 USD via PayPal which is the same price I paid. Not a bad deal when you consider the fact that it's no longer on sale and sells for $39.99 USD.

• 3 months later...