wrestling

18731 replies to this topic

#1 +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• 9,353 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:33

It's funny that there isn't one yet so therefore, here is the big WWE thread. What happened last monday, tuesday or friday? How do you feel about it? What do you think about the next PPV?

Discuss it all in here...

#2 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,165 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:47

WWE just got mega-dull again.

Cena is back, being the puppet he is.
Big show is back - lot's of slow matches.
Y2J was missused and becomes another mid-card jobber
HHH is back to winning

Hell, we could rewind the WWE 4 years and see the same matches.

#3 TheElite

TheElite

Neowinian Senior

• 10,301 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:44

lol njlouch, slow matches? Did you see him at No Way Out? He's a fast mofo now.

#4 SolidIntuition

SolidIntuition

Part-time Neowinian

• 2,064 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:59

Sick of Cena, (The fans don't know rather to love or hate him)
Big Show is good to beat up little people,
They really need to use Y2J more and give him a title shot since he's back
I really thought they'd give Jeff the tittle shot at WM24 but to no avail (WTF)

#5 matthewmarley

matthewmarley

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer”

• 2,045 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 13:03

Yeah defo time to give guys like Jeff, Jericho, Rey Mysterio pushes these guys are the most exciting in the business and are the future.

Good to see Big Show back and man that guys has lost some weight !!!

#6 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,783 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 24 February 2008 - 14:44

HHH using his stroke all over again to get into the WM main event., should be Jeff Hardy.

#7 matthewmarley

matthewmarley

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer”

• 2,045 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 14:51

Yeah defo,until he decides to give the wrestling game up i think he will always be involved in the main events due to his family connections with Vince.

#8 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 15:15

Nice idea for a thread. I don't usually watch Raw because it's usually got the same stuff happening or the same people are always in the main event like HHH and Cena. It was pretty refreshing for a while with Orton and Hardy being the main event but now Cena and HHH are back into it i can't be bothered to watch. Oh and not to forget Vince, his current storyline bores the hell out of me but at least Finley's getting a push.

I usually watch Smackdown because Edge and MVP are way more entertaining.

#9 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,783 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 15:48

I actually hate MVP because he has like the 7th longest reign of the US title and when did he last defend it, 3 months back?...its a disgrace to the US titles history. I just want to see how they use Mayweather its clear its gonna be a WM ppv match against the Big Show just how like a tag match with Rey or just him 1 on 1.

#10 OP +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• 9,353 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:06

I'm an HHH fan so I don't mind him winning, he has an awesome way of fighting. It's been ages though since I saw Kane on the Raw scene and I miss him. The brothers of destruction were the best tag-team (along side the Hardy Boyz) I've ever seen.

As for Smackdown, the Undertaker should beat the hell out of Edge. I can't stand his relationship with (what's her name again) to keep his title.

#11 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,783 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 15:46

I'm an HHH fan so I don't mind him winning, he has an awesome way of fighting. It's been ages though since I saw Kane on the Raw scene and I miss him. The brothers of destruction were the best tag-team (along side the Hardy Boyz) I've ever seen.

As for Smackdown, the Undertaker should beat the hell out of Edge. I can't stand his relationship with (what's her name again) to keep his title.

Vicky Guerrero and the only reason she is still there is because they feel sorry for her that she has nothing now.

I can see Edge maybe ending takers streak :(

#12 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,494 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 25 February 2008 - 15:53

I actually hate MVP because he has like the 7th longest reign of the US title and when did he last defend it, 3 months back?...its a disgrace to the US titles history.

Agreed. WWE is forgetting its own rules. There is a rule in WWE that says that a title must be defended at least once every 30 days. They've had to strip champions because of major injuries that left them unable to defend the title in 30 days.

#13 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,783 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 16:49

Agreed. WWE is forgetting its own rules. There is a rule in WWE that says that a title must be defended at least once every 30 days. They've had to strip champions because of major injuries that left them unable to defend the title in 30 days.

Which brings me to the other point about MVP he was ill with a heart problem and was not stripped of the title and for the month or so he was out they could of had a new champion like Matt Hardy who deserves a good push.

#14 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 17:52

I thought that Matt was originally supposed to win in a big payoff match resulting in a push for him but he got injured. Or am i just remembering something else?

The only reason i don't mind the Edge/Vicky storyline is because Edge is in it and it's adding to his heel character because we all know that he's using her to keep the title. And frankly, that just makes him more awesome.

Oh and did anyone else notice that when Orton got hit the ref at No Way Out that some of the crowd started cheering and jumping around when he got disqualified? I found that pretty funny.

#15 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,783 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 18:10

Yeah clearly because the crowd really loathes Cena even now after a few months out.