The Big Wrestling Thread!

He'll cash in at HIAC when Big Show beats Sheamus, Then Big Show will lose again really quickly

God, I really hope that doesn't happen. I'd prefer it if Ziggler won the title off Sheamus.

God, I really hope that doesn't happen. I'd prefer it if Ziggler won the title off Sheamus.

dunno don't see that happening really, why not screw the big show out of another title...after the bryan win

According to the Facebook page of Gabe Sapolsky, head DGUSA/EVOLVE booker, top independent stars PAC and Sara Del Rey have finalized WWE deals.

PAC is a high flyer, and Del Rey is widely regarded as one of the top female wrestlers in the world. No word on whether or not PAC and Del Rey will be debuting with WWE on the main roster straight off, or will be heading to developmental first.

Heyman is right about TNA, because they aren't the top dogs. But his Yankee example is terrible, because the Yankees only really care about this year. Next year, they can worry about next year. And the same thing for every year after that. Jeter and A-Rod are producing this year, and thus don't need to be let go.

TNA is different, because those old guys aren't helping them 'win'. They have OK ratings, but its not like its must-see TV.

As reported Thursday, the Divas roster page of WWE?s official NXT website, FCWWrestling.info, no longer lists Raquel Diaz, with her page deleted altogether. According to F4WOnline.com, she asked to be released from her developmental contract with WWE, which was granted.

Diaz, whose real name is Shaul Marie Guerrero, is the daughter of Vickie Guerrero and the late Eddie Guerrero. She joined developmental in October 2010, and has appeared a wrestler, valet and ring announcer. Her verbal ability was considered excellent, although her ring work was not nearly as advanced.

• Like 1

Glad to hear Raquel Diaz is gone. She was annoying on the mic (clearly takes after

), as good as Kelly Kelly in the ring, and her gimmick was a direct ripoff of The Beautiful People.

Speaking of TNA Knockouts...

In related news, it's being reported that Bruce Prichard, TNA's Senior VP of Programming and Talent Relations, is not a big fan of women's wrestling, which might explain why the Knockouts division has not been given as much TV time as it has in the past.

Angelina Love and Velvet Sky recently left TNA on their own accord, and talents like Mickie James, Sarita, Rosita and Winter have all seen their TV roles scaled back significantly since Prichard came into power last October.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/261683-more-on-why-beth-phoenix-is-leaving-wwe-tna-head-not-a-fan-of-womens-wrestling

So there we go, women's wrestling is falling into obscurity/nonexistance on both sides now.

Jim Ross was recently interviewed for the Oklahoma Gazette and had the following to say about Raw this Monday night, which is being advertised as a Jim Ross Appreciation Night:
"There will be a few surprises here and there. I think at the end of the day, it will be a fun night. I think we people will leave there glad that they came."

You can read more from Ross by clicking on the above link.

@MightyJordan: Who is hotter in your opinion? AJ Lee or Kaitlyn? :D

Oh, now that is just cruel! :p I'd probably say Kaitlyn, as even though AJ's a true geek/gamer girl, she's a bit too petite for my liking.

In other NXT Divas related news, the situation regarding the former Buggy Nova, aka Skyler Moon is still murky. Her profile has been missing from the NXT roster page for several weeks, but we?ve been unable to clarify exactly what?s going on. We?ll keep an eye on the story.

UPDATE: Further to the post earlier, we?ve received troubling word that Skyler/Buggy has, in fact, been checked into WWE sponsored rehab, which would explain her profile being gone from the NXT website and her absence from social media for the last month. It brings us no pleasure to report this news, but we hope she can deal with her issues. Her current status either in her rehab program or with the company at large remains unclear, but we wish her all the best at this time.

Good thing WWE made it official with Sara Del Rey recently.

WZ has learned from sources further details regarding Charlie Sheen's relationship with WWE and how things fell apart.

Sheen's one and only appearance on WWE television was Raw 1000 when he appeared via Skype. This was a verbal agreement the two parties had as they expected to continue working together?but hadn't finalized anything officially.

WWE's plan was for Sheen to appear on at least two more episodes of Raw and have a match with Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam. When WWE found out Sheen's price to step in the ring, they scrapped the whole idea.

Not only did Sheen's price play a deciding factor, but many top WWE officials brought up the worry of what his public reputation would do for WWE. Remember, this was all going on during the time WWE made many headlines on TMZ with the stage catching fire, Rosa Mendes being abused by former WWE talent and AW's comments.

In the end, WWE felt there wasn't enough of gain to overcome the risks and price of working with Sheen.

After speaking with sources, WZ has learned Ryback's appearance in the final seconds of this past week's Raw was a true last minute decision.

The final rundown that was handed out to WWE's top production people didn't feature Ryback having the stare down with CM Punk to go off the air. This fact is part of the reason why Ryback's appearance didn't appear on the titantron in front of the live crowd.

Sources tell us it was a last minute decision concerning how the show should go off the air with top WWE officials having the attitude of "let's do it and we'll figure it out."

When WWE left the arena and Albany, New York on Monday, there was no elaborate plan that had been put in action regarding Ryback. The stare down with CM Punk was done to see how it would be received.

I'll add in my input then: I'm glad they did it. I know it seems stupid, giving Ryback an instant push to the main event after months upon months of squashing jobbers, but then again, it makes up for the fact they had him squashing jobbers for way too long. Plus it means we'll get to see CM Punk facing someone besides John Cena! :D

@MightyJordan: Who is hotter in your opinion? AJ Lee or Kaitlyn? :D

IMO, Kaitlyn is hotter, but I'd rather have AJ.

I'll add in my input then: I'm glad they did it. I know it seems stupid, giving Ryback an instant push to the main event after months upon months of squashing jobbers, but then again, it makes up for the fact they had him squashing jobbers for way too long. Plus it means we'll get to see CM Punk facing someone besides John Cena! :D

Not at all what I'd want to see. I would rather him join Punk and Heyman. Ryback is terribad on the mic. Heyman is not. Plus Punk/Lesnar/Heyman/Ryback and one more person is one ridiculous Survivor Series team.