The Big Wrestling Thread!

Yeah, I saw that earlier on NXT. Just a recap of 2012 this week. Next week, Seth Rollins is defending the title against Corey Graves. And then I assume the week after, Seth loses it to Big E. Speaking of which...

15589_427808367288279_421680875_n.jpg

Right, I wanna see Too Cool vs. Bad Influence in a Gangnam Style Danceoff. Book it, Dixie! :laugh:

Yeah, I saw that earlier on NXT. Just a recap of 2012 this week. Next week, Seth Rollins is defending the title against Corey Graves. And then I assume the week after, Seth loses it to Big E. Speaking of which...

Which is funny as WWE list him as the NXT Champion :rofl:

Which is funny as WWE list him as the NXT Champion :rofl:

Indeed they do...

slide-BigE-Champion.jpg

I just looked it up, and yes, the episode when Big E wins the titles airs on January 9th (coincidentally, also my mum's birthday).

^ What show is that?

Meanwhile, feast your eyes on one of the worst segments of 2012...

Oh, and the irony of Robbie E calling Jesse the wannabe Robbie E when he's the wannabe Zack Ryder.

^ What show is that?

Meanwhile, feast your eyes on one of the worst segments of 2012...

Oh, and the irony of Robbie E calling Jesse the wannabe Robbie E when he's the wannabe Zack Ryder.

Damn, way to set the Italian people back 10,000 years.

I just started watching Wrestling again recently, the last time being back in the Attitude/Monday Night wars period. Started watching TNA and i'm appalled about how poor almost every aspect of it is.

Firstly the wrestling. Nobody there even tries to appear to be punching. It's all wide forearm shots like Chyna back in 1997. They also just look really lazy - perhaps it's because they don't perform to a large crowd they just don't put the effort in. A month or two back there was even this scripted scene with two guys kicking off in a corridor when you could hear the director shout "Cut, OK!" before it cut to an ad break. Not to mention the whole Aces & Eights angle which is a poor mans nWo where they clearly have no new ideas.

It just seems clownshoes on all levels, not something i'd expect from someone trying to be a legit wrestling promotion.

I was actually a bit saddened that this is getting TV time, it could be so much better and be a real contender to WWE :/

• Like 2

That's why TNA in it's current form will never get better ratings than the 1.1 or whatever it is it did a few months ago. It'll never be WWE caliber in any way with the stuff they put on TV. Don't get me wrong, they have some of the BEST wrestlers in the world in TNA, but the angles they do, the acting in those angles and the overall presentation of the product is just horrid most of the time.

WWE may be stale and to PG and all that crap, but they have top notch production values and their people can act (usually) in whatever angle it is. Of course that speaks to the fact that TNA isn't in the same league as WWE and doesn't have the money to put on such a high quality style show. Still, TNA usually (not always) just looks cheap.

Which is a shame because AJ Styles, Samoa Joe (when he's not being buried and he doesn't give a **** when he's being buried), Austin Aries and quite a few others are top notch guys who deserve better than TNA can currently offer them.