The Big Wrestling Thread!

A local radio station in Virginia recently did a WWE-style prank call on a guy's wife after she got p*ssed off at him for ordering Survivor Series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4RP57Y7bw

WZ has learned from sources that much of last night's script for RAW was a soft script for the final hour.

WWE was waiting to have the TLC title match between CM Punk and Ryback start exactly when halftime began of the BCS National Title game. Because of this, Big Show's match with Kofi Kingston was basically cut completely. Officials wanted to feature the World Heavyweight Champion on the show, so because of this they made his match a one punch contest with Kingston.

CM Punk's promo by himself prior to commercial was also not originally scheduled in that format but was decided on last minute based on the time changes they made earlier in the hour.

According to sources, the episode was considered successful and what WWE intended from a storyline standpoint. The feeling from WWE last night is they showcased The Rock's feud with CM Punk well, but didn't go too far where next week's 20th anniversary show will be outshined.

Got a site recommendation for everyone: Kayfabe News. Fake but funny news from the wrestling world, like this...

In order to beat other wrestling news sites to the punch, it was announced today that WWE.com will begin publishing Smackdown spoilers four weeks before the shows are even taped.

?If people want spoilers, we?ll give them spoilers!? said WWE Chairman Vince McMahon at a press conference this morning. ?We?ll spoil everything!?

McMahon said none of the wrestling ?dirtsheets? will be able to able to keep up with WWE.com, because the company will publish results of matches long before the matches actually happen.

?Our creative team is working around the clock to spoil every match, and then ensure those matches unfold exactly as predicted,? said McMahon.

To launch the new initiative, WWE announced the results for the Feb. 1 edition of Smackdown:

- Randy Orton delivers a slow, methodical in-ring diatribe

- Heath Slater suffers embarrassing defeat despite assistance from members of 3MB

- Hornswoggle and The Great Khali have humorous backstage disagreement

- Tamina defeats Layla, or maybe the other way around ? doesn?t really matter

- Raw recap, commercial, Raw recap, commercial, Raw recap

- Tout

Blimey, El Generico? If that's true, that's a top-notch signing by WWE. (Y)

PWTorch.com & PWInsider.com are both confirming what was first reported by PWPonderings.com last night, and saying independent star El Generico has, in fact, signed a WWE contract.

On top of that, PWInsider is saying this won't be the last big WWE signing, and that the company has "a number of names on their radar".

Kevin Steen? I think that would be pushing it he's to unpredictable, I hope Alex Shelley and maybe a few TNA 'stars' like Roode or Aries

Kevin Steen? I think that would be pushing it he's to unpredictable, I hope Alex Shelley and maybe a few TNA 'stars' like Roode or Aries

I'd like to see Roode and Steen. Aries would be a lower-mid carder in WWE, and they have enough of those already. Bobby Roode could be huge in WWE, though.

I'd like to see Roode and Steen. Aries would be a lower-mid carder in WWE, and they have enough of those already. Bobby Roode could be huge in WWE, though.

Yeah Roode would be crazy good in WWE, he has the right build and persona

Yeah Roode would be crazy good in WWE, he has the right build and persona

That would be, of course, if Vince allowed him to be huge and didn't hold it against him that he worked for TNA.

That would be, of course, if Vince allowed him to be huge and didn't hold it against him that he worked for TNA.

He probably would hold it against him. Remember what they did to the original Wildcat

?

WZ can now confirm through sources close to El Generico that this in indeed true.

He's expected to report very soon to WWE and begin working with them. Nobody could confirm 100% what his path in the company will be but many are assuming he'll at least spend a little time in developmental while he settles in.

I bet they make him drop his whole mask gimmick, can't have to many masked people!

According to The Wrestling Observer, as of this writing, the following are the top four matches currently scheduled to take place at WrestleMania 29:

-The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE Title

-Brock Lesnar vs Triple H

-CM Punk vs The Undertaker

-Randy Orton vs Sheamus for the World Title

These matches/plans can of course change at anytime, but we have been reporting over the past couple weeks that WWE has a pretty firm idea of what the top of the WrestleMania card will be, so it's likely the above four matches are a lock for the big PPV this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing "Actually, Twice in a Lifetime" if it means CM Punk will take on The Undertaker. I'd prefer it though if he goes into that match as WWE Champion: Streak vs. Title.

Yeah if the rumours are correct

Rock will lose at RR but will win the strap at EC

I want to see Punk end Takers Streak that would give him the ultimate respect

I want to see Punk end Takers Streak that would give him the ultimate respect

I actually do, too. If they're going to do that though, it would be a lot better if he's still the champ, as then it further solidifies his claim that he's the best in the world.

Thats easy. Let (or force) Mysterio retire and fire Botch Cara.

I think i missed something, what is it with sincara and ?botching? (sorry don't even know what it means)