The Big Wrestling Thread!

- There is said to be absolute panic at RAW this afternoon. Tonight's show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up The Rock to set up a WrestleMania XXX main event.

The Rock is not at RAW and word going around is he went home. Vince McMahon and WWE writers and producers are busy re-doing the show and apparently the angle has been nixed.

Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. The belief now is that Rock won't be appearing tonight.

- There is another major angle planned for tonight to set up John Cena's next title defense at Extreme Rules. it was something that has been planned for some time and was actually scheduled for WrestleMania last night.

http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/news/major-concern-backstage-at-tonight-s-raw-the-rock-angle-nixed-more-details.html

I for the love of god hope its not CM Punk, it's time to give someone else a run at the strap and Cena

Yeah Rock is at home, he tweeted Dana White saying he went home

CM Punk's said to be taking time off anyway, so I don't think it'll be him.

Hmmm I wonder who then, maybe Barretts time?

Hmmm I wonder who then, maybe Barretts time?

Nah, I bet they'll give it to one of the other regulars, like Orton or Sheamus.

I am sure I will get flamed.

I am a wrestling fan first and foremost and have been watching for 30 years. Last night's Wrestlemania was decent, better than average. The low spot for me was TripleH winning. That makes no sense to have Brock lose (not a fan of Brock btw). TripleH gaining as much power as he has is the worst thing I have ever scene in my life for Wrestling. HHH is a way below average performer, he doesn't have the booking capability to have storylines and matches make sense and he is really all about himself. Which in wrestling is the absolute worst way you can go.

On the other side, for Brock, he must just be in it for the Money and not care he looks like a wuss. Since coming back he has not done so well. Or is this WWE's way of giving him all this money so they can bury him?

There was something floating around the other day that WM30 will be Taker and Brock. After having Brock lose to Cena and HHH, that would be another match that makes no sense.

What could have been awesome was just above average.

More on The Rock:

Here's another Rock update from Dave Meltzer on the Observer forum:

"Definitely not a creative issue. Everything they were planning tonight was right from his mouth and laid out by him to creative, not the other way around. He was the one who told Brock the angle and Brock was more than fine with it.

Don't know the severity of the injury. Don't want to speculate more until I hear more."

-------

I'm certain that Meltzer has known Rock personally for over 20 years, so if anybody knows it's him.

Sounds like Rock is legit hurt and maybe he asked to go home to rest up. We don't know all the details. So again don't jump to conclusions.

I am sure I will get flamed.

I am a wrestling fan first and foremost and have been watching for 30 years. Last night's Wrestlemania was decent, better than average. The low spot for me was TripleH winning. That makes no sense to have Brock lose (not a fan of Brock btw). TripleH gaining as much power as he has is the worst thing I have ever scene in my life for Wrestling. HHH is a way below average performer, he doesn't have the booking capability to have storylines and matches make sense and he is really all about himself. Which in wrestling is the absolute worst way you can go.

On the other side, for Brock, he must just be in it for the Money and not care he looks like a wuss. Since coming back he has not done so well. Or is this WWE's way of giving him all this money so they can bury him?

There was something floating around the other day that WM30 will be Taker and Brock. After having Brock lose to Cena and HHH, that would be another match that makes no sense.

What could have been awesome was just above average.

I kinda agree with you...Brock is a beast and I thought when HHH had him in the Kimora and he picked him up three times that Brock would win but of course the stairs were in the ring for a reason just like they were when he faced Cena to do their finisher on him on. Brock I hope will feud with Punk because that could be good and actually have him beat Punk.

CM Punk and several other talents are reportedly livid that the Rock walked out on the company. CM Punk more so than the others.

The feeling is other talents are more shocked than anything else, but Punk is noticeably angrier than anyone else. One talent has reported that all of the respect than Punk gained for the Rock over this recent run has been completely thrown out of the window.

Source: PWinsider

Oh wait! Just heard a new story from PWI; Rob Van Dam's signed a 2-year contract with WWE. Rumour has it he'll be returning on RAW tonight...

Oh wait! Just heard a new story from PWI; Rob Van Dam's signed a 2-year contract with WWE. Rumour has it he'll be returning on RAW tonight...

w6c.gif