The Big Wrestling Thread!

Credit: PWInsider.com

Word going around at RAW was that Paul Bearer will indeed be the first name announced for the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame. It's said Bearer is a lock for next year.

There will be talk at WWE headquarters this week about whether or not The Undertaker should do the induction.

Taker never appears at the Hall of Fame to keep in character but there's a feeling that he should do the honors for Bearer for obvious reasons. Another name brought up for Bearer's induction is Michael "PS" Hayes.

To me, I think Undertaker would be the perfect choice. Surely it'd be ok to break kayfabe for that one moment. If they think otherwise, or Undertaker declines, I would have gone with Bruce Prichard (Brother Love) if he wasn't with TNA (for those who don't know, he's Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations, so you could say he's TNA's John Laurinaitis, only without that annoying voice).

In what can't be a good sign for Ryback getting over in the feud with John Cena, word from RAW is that he got zero reaction when he came out after the main event on Monday's RAW to show that he was still in the building

yto.gif

• Like 1

CM Punk's official WWE television return has been up in the air recently, with WWE continuing to remove him from live events through June. However, the former WWE Champion is now being listed to appear on Monday Night Raw from the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta on May 27th.

This would give Punk enough time to build towards a program for the June WWE Payback pay-per-view in his home town of Chicago, but as of now he is still not being advertised for the event, or Monday Night Raw the week prior.

There is a lot of buzz lately in WWE that Bray Wyatt will be called up to the main roster very soon.

If he gets to keep his current gimmick and also bring the Wyatt family with him, then...

1282786204310.jpg

WWE recently applied for two new trademarks, which appear to be related: ?Crush Couture? and ?CC?. Both trademarks are for various types of merchandise. It?s unknown at this point whether Crush Couture will be a product line or a new WWE character.

Thoughts, everyone?

NJPW "WRESTLING DONTAKU 2013", 5/3/13 (PPV/iPPV)

Fukuoka International Center

series_278.jpg

0. Yuji Nagata, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs. Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley ? vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov

2. Bad Luck Fale Return Match: Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs. Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale (King Fale)

3. IWGP Tag Team Title - 4WAY Match: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. ? vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka

4. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka ? vs. Tomoaki Honma

5. Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe vs. Yujiro Takahashi

6. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata

7. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Karl Anderson

8. Double Main Event I - IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura ? vs. Shelton Benjamin

9. Double Main Event II - IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada ? vs. Minoru Suzuki

The New Japan Pro Wrestling show airs early Friday morning at 4 a.m. Eastern time and 1 a.m. Pacific time live, but is available on replay at your convenience at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972 for $25

Source; Dave Meltzer and Wrestling Observer Newsletter http://www.f4wonline.com

Huh, I never realised Alex Shelley was over in Japan. I bet a lot of people are still hoping for a Motor City Machine Guns reunion...

Speaking of upcoming shows, ROH Border Wars is this Saturday (as well as their first international ROH TV taping the next day). They've managed to bring back Paul London (who hasn't wrestled in ROH for ten years), so there's bound to be a couple of top-notch matches this weekend. They posted up one of his ROH matches to build up the hype...

At Border Wars, he's facing Davey Richards, and then on the TV taping, he's facing Michael Elgin. Here's the card...

ROH World Championship match

Jay Briscoe defends against Adam Cole

Pro Wrestling NOAH vs. Ring of Honor

Current GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori vs "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards

First Time Ever

"Intrepid Traveler" Paul London vs "American Wolf" Davey Richards

It was originally going to be Naomichi Marufuji (from Pro Wrestling NOAH) taking on Richards (as well as Elgin the next day), but he picked up a knee injury two weeks ago, so London was brought in as an almost last-minute replacement.

ROH World TV Championship

Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini defends against Mark Briscoe

I Quit Match

BJ Whitmer vs Rhett Titus

ROH vs S.C.U.M

"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs 2 S.C.U.M Members of Steve Corino's choosing

If S.C.U.M wins, Matt Hardy gets a shot at the ROH World title, and Steve Corino joins Kevin Kelly on commentary. Corino also added that if they get the title shot and lose that match, S.C.U.M will leave ROH.

Special Tag Team Challenge

Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs ACH & Tadarius Thomas

Dixie Carter has just announced that TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will be broadcast LIVE from Glasgow on Thursday January 30.

This will be TNA's first ever live show on Challenge TV in the UK and the first ever TV taping in the great country of Scotland by any international wrestling company.

Get your tickets now from the Ticket Shop pre-sale at http://facebook.com/tnawrestlinguk or on general sale from 9am tomorrow.

So that's almost nine months away. Depending on the cost, I might try and make it to that show. :p