The Big Wrestling Thread!

Kris, who's the girl in your signature? She sort of looks like Olivia Munn.

Google says; Arianny Celeste (UFC ring girl). ;)

snip

that eyebrow... reminds me of someone... hmmm

not bad so far, Chris Sabin is the X-Division champ and then HH came out and said that the X-Division champ (whoever that may be at the time) is getting a World Title shot at Destination X

9:08pm est: Abyss just won the TV Title (I didn't know TNA had a tv title .. lol)

Oh man i'd like to watch slammiversary sounds like there was a couple of great matches. Seems to be a complete drought of anywhere to grab it from before it airs in the UK whenever that is. Perhaps the internet have given up on TNA too :/

Oh man i'd like to watch slammiversary sounds like there was a couple of great matches. Seems to be a complete drought of anywhere to grab it from before it airs in the UK whenever that is. Perhaps the internet have given up on TNA too :/

Yeah, I've been waiting all day for it too. A German version went up this morning, but I'm not that desperate. :p It does look like a webrip went up less than two hours ago, so the wait might finally be over.

Well I have to say Slammiversary turned out to be fairly decent. Highlights are the last knockout standing match between Teryn Terrell and Gail Kim. Kim did a tremendous job at putting Terrell over and included some pretty decent spots. One of the best matches for the quality of the wrestling and some of the bumps alone.

Was good to see Abyss back however after such a build up the match was short with Abyss only getting some momentum right at the end. They could have made a lot more of that.

The main event of Sting v Bully Ray was ok. Bully ray literally tearing the ring up and piledriving Sting onto the wooden base was cool. Unfortunately i'm REALLY done with the whole Aces & Eights bundling in en masse and never allowing a clean match though. That's some pi*s poor booking. Constantly.

Overall a good effort, but kind of sloppy in that if they're only going to have 4 real PPVs a year then it needs to be tighter than it was. Still better than WWE's current output though and a much better watch than wrestlemania and extreme rules.

^ Beat me to it. :p I agree with everything you said.

The Last Knockout Standing match was definitely the surprise of the PPV. Definitely worthy of the "Holy s**t!" and "This is awesome!" chants from the crowd. Automatically better than the Last Man Standing match at Extreme Rules because someone actually won. :laugh:

I didn't like the finish of the main event either. Dragged on a bit too long, then the final moment was a bit of a cop-out compared to everything that happened beforehand, especially with Bully Ray piledriving him once in the ring, then a second time after cutting away the padding on part of the ring (I lost it when the crowd started chanting "E-C-Dub!" while he was doing that :rofl: ). Also have to say while Bully's promo was good before the match, I have to say him boasting about using the piledriver and describing it as a banned move sort of fell flat on its face after seeing Gail Kim try to do it in her match. :p

Great tag team title match as well. Whoever booked the champs not getting eliminated last deserves a pint. You could seriously have a tag team division with just Bad Influence, and Aries & Roode, and it wouldn't get stale; they're ridiculously entertaining, and also a major factor towards TNA still being around.

Oh, can't forget the Ultimate X match opening up the PPV either! Pretty much your typical X Division match; an exciting fast-paced spotfest. Oh, with the obligatory Tower of Doom as well. :p I liked Hogan giving props to Sabin after the match, and I was practically marking out when he mentioned cashing in the title for a shot at the world title; I thought they completely abandoned that along with Destination X, but nope, they're sticking with it! :D

I'm probably gonna get some flak for this, but I reckon Slammiversary was the best PPV from the big 3 this year so far, but let's be honest, the bar's been pretty low. :p The only other really good PPVs we've seen so far from the big 3 have come from ROH: Supercard of Honor VII, and Border Wars.

Couple of extras...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Before anyone says, yes they do have an app. ;)

Kurt Angle:

Number of days between TV debut and release in WWE: 2477

Number of days between TNA TV debut until today: 2419

When he gets to Bound for Glory he will have been on TV for TNA longer than he was for WWE, which makes him a very fitting candidate for the TNA Hall of Fame.

^this.

Angle is well deserved for the hall of fame. He has done a hell of a lot for the company, especially some ridiculously high risk stuff. He has also made no secret that his active wrestling career is in its last days, and he is using that time to put over some of the younger talent which is pretty good of him. Imagine HHH actually putting anybody over...

• Like 1

Briefly moving away from the big 3, I've just read what happened at the end of Chikara's Never Compromise iPPV over the weekend. Pretty much got cut off Sopranos-style in the main event...

Independent wrestling promotion CHIKARA has reportedly put on their final show last night and all future booking has been cancelled - It is unknown if this is part of an angle or actually a legit closure of the company although many of the talent involved are looking for work elsewhere which is a strong sign the company is finished.

PWInsider.com is reporting that events going forward will be converted into live events presented by the promotion's "Wrestling Is..." satellite promotions. Talent were also asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement before last night's event.

I'm gonna pick "storyline", and a pretty convincing one too, especially from a company that emphasises a lack of reality. :p

...well, seems WWE tried to bring out the big guns to compete with the NBA Playoffs last night.

Tweets of the night...

87fc7b07f8b0946c339bdf643a906cdb_L.jpg

QUINTON ?RAMPAGE? JACKSON JOINS FORCES WITH BELLATOR MMA, TNA WRESTLING AND SPIKE TV FOR LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP

Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson, the mixed martial arts icon and action-movie star has agreed to a monumental, multi-year partnership with Spike TV, Bellator MMA, and TNA Wrestling, it was jointly announced today by Kevin Kay, Spike TV President, Bjorn Rebney, Bellator CEO, and Dixie Carter, TNA Wrestling President.

The landmark partnership includes Jackson competing in Bellator MMA, along with joining the superstars of TNA?s ?Impact Wrestling,? which includes fellow Bellator fighter ?King Mo? Lawal.

Spike TV will also create a special reality series featuring Rampage that will lead into his debut with Bellator, along with other entertainment initiatives.

?Rampage is a true superstar both inside and outside the MMA cage? Bellator CEO & Chairman Bjorn Rebney said. ?The partnership that we?ve created with Quinton is unlike anything that?s ever been done in the sports & entertainment arena and Rampage is the perfect athlete/entertainer to carry it off.?

"Rampage is one of the best known MMA fighters competing today," said Carter. "He is a true cross-over star and his talent, big personality and popularity among a wide range of fans make him an extraordinary fit for our company,?

?We are thrilled to create this opportunity for one of the greatest athletes and personalities in MMA,? said Kevin Kay, Spike TV President. ?Rampage is a proven ratings driver who brings incredible star power to both Bellator and TNA.?