The Big Wrestling Thread!

Teddy Long was backstage with Vince McMahon and announced the Money In The Bank contestants for the World Heavyweight Championship title shot. The contestants are:

Fandango, Wade Barrett, Dean Ambrose, Jack Swagger, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes and Antonio Cesaro.

Ambrose for the win!

So then, on RAW's side, we've got the main eventers (and Christian), and on SmackDown, we've got the mid-carders. I'll predict Daniel Bryan to win the RAW match and

Wade Barrett

to win the SmackDown match.

Matt Striker was a guest on The Shoot radio show on June 25th. To hear the full 20 minute interview please visit TheShootOnline.

During the interview, Striker revealed that WWE Superstar Alex Riley could be next in line as a WWE announcer, replacing him.

"He's a good kid. He's a taller, better looking version of Matt Striker. I believe he's a graduate from Boston College. He's well spoken, he's bright, and I think it's a great opportunity for Alex Riley. To me, this is my saving grace now that I'm gone. And then I read that it's Alex Riley that's sitting in that chair, and I think about all the conversations I've had with him. Maybe one thing I said to him, he uses on the show and he's now the breath of fresh air. He's now the new guy. I don't fault anyone for that. WWE gives opportunity - they gave me an opportunity, they're giving Alex Riley an opportunity, and I expect great things for Alex Riley and I'm genuinely happy for him."

So then, on RAW's side, we've got the main eventers (and Christian), and on SmackDown, we've got the mid-carders. I'll predict Daniel Bryan to win the RAW match and

Wade Barrett

to win the SmackDown match.

Yeah I think

Wade has a chance but I dunno he's been jobbing alot lately, if not Ambrose then this was the plan for Cesaro all along

ROH just posted a few spoilers on their site which seem to add fuel to the earlier rumours...

Last weekend in Baltimore was a physically brutal one for both World Champion Jay Briscoe and his ?Best in the World 2013? challenger Mark Briscoe. The brothers tore into one another in one of the more physical championship battles and it ultimately required Jay to utilize multiple Jay Drillers in order to put his brother down for the three count. Unfortunately, as a result of those maneuvers and the general punishment suffered in the bout, Mark Briscoe was forced out of his spot in the Steel Cage Warfare bout that went down during the following day's ?Ring of Honor Wrestling? TV Tapings.

As for Jay, the day of those tapings he defended his title once again, this time against S.C.U.M's Matt Hardy and although he was victorious in the bout, following the match the champion was viciously assaulted with a steel chair by S.C.U.M and left laying.

Unfortunately, ROHWrestling.com has since learned that, as a result of the injuries sustained during ?Best in the World? weekend, both Jay and Mark will be out of action indefinitely. Mark suffered severe head trauma as a result of the bout with his brother while Jay apparently has a fractured shoulder and torn rotator cuff coming from the assault at the hands of S.C.U.M. At this point it is unknown how long Jay and Mark will be out of action but we will stay on top of the story to provide you with details, as they are made available to us.

ROHWrestling.com also contacted Match Maker Nigel McGuinness for an update on how this would affect the championship held by Jay Briscoe and he informed us that there will be an announcement made soon regarding the status of the ROH World Title. Nigel did inform us that he intended to announce this week that Michael Elgin would receive his championship opportunity on August 3rd in Toronto but now that is in question. ROHWrestling.com has heard rumors that with Elgin scheduled to be the next man in line for a shot, he may be awarded the World Title due to forfeit.

All of the events that led to this will be seen on ?Ring of Honor Wrestling? TV broadcasts over the course of the next several weeks or you will be able to see it all unfold very shortly courtesy of the Early Bird TV options here on ROHWrestling.com.

Stay tuned for more details on the status of the World Title as they are made available...

TNA announcer Taz wrote an interesting comment earlier this evening on Twitter:

"Couple of big wrestling shows in my "hometown" of Brooklyn! #RedHookNearBarclay"

WWE will tape RAW for the first time at the Barclays Center on July 15th, the day after the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

His contract with TNA will expire in less than two weeks and as early as this coming weekend. TNA will have a show in Brooklyn on July 5th, but Taz did not specifically reference that date, venue, or MCU Field at all, instead cryptically making a reference to the RAW taping. All tweets have since been removed.

TNA has cut way back on flying people in for tapings. There are a lot of signs that point to officials worrying even more about money these days. The cost of tapings on the road with no new revenue streams and no improvement in the existing streams isn't a good thing for the company.

Vince could always buy TNA... Then they could have a WCW and ECW invasion all over again. Vince is running out of kids to pretend to have made the purchase... Hunter?

Vince could always buy TNA... Then they could have a WCW and ECW invasion all over again. Vince is running out of kids to pretend to have made the purchase... Hunter?

TNA has nothing Vince wants.

Matt Osbourne, better known as Matt Borne and the original Doink the Clown in the WWF, has passed away.

Details on his passing are still developing. PWInsider.com can confirmed Osbourne was found this morning in Texas, where he had been staying of late, by his girlfriend. Osbourne would have turned 57 next month.

PWInsider.com would like to express our deepest condolences to Osbourne's friends, family and fans during this sad time.

RIP :(