The Big Wrestling Thread!

I'm taking a break from WWE and TNA for a little bit.

I've started watching Combat Zone Wrestling. This stuff is insane; barbed wire, outdoor events (not outdoor as in a roofless area, like outdoor in a public park), no censorship of any kind. I think I saw Brain Damage use a small powered hedge trimmer on Jon Moxley's forehead in a match.

It's definitely NSFW and not for children!

so far, the favorite crowd chant seems to be "you sick ######! you sick ######!"

Ahh yes, CZW: one of the few things in existence that has its own mini-series in Botchamania, alongside Scott Steiner and Sabu. :P

What do they name their shows? Hepatitis Hecatomb?

Off the top of my head, there's Tournament of Death, and Cage of Death (original, I know).

It has produced some good moments though (which I only saw through Botchamania, obviously)...

Just saw a good long post about why one guy thinks The Undertaker is so respected. I thought i should just post it on here ;).

When you've been apart of a federation for 18+ years, you're bound to gain a lot of respect. Doing what Taker does isn't easy. Even Jim Ross himself admitted that among so many superstars to ever emerged from WWE, Undertaker is the only one that is as respected as Andre The Giant. Nagging injuries, constant high profile matches, it's a lot to be admired when it comes to Taker's job. Even gauntlets like Triple H haven't ever talked down about him, and it comes as a surprise seeing as they supposedly dislike each other. Now, when Edge spoke about Eddies death, he mentioned Taker, and said he was the only guy left he could speak to after Chris and Guerrero died. Not to forget Taker is a respected guy backstage, he's earned his keep. And anyone who talks down about him, regardless, will get a crap load of backlash from nearly every other wrestler in the lockeroom. He's like their God, even when The Hardy Boys first started, they where jobbers, but Taker looked out for them, and then was only within his first couple of years in WWE - so it shows he pretty much worked hard all his career. 

The only person who i can think of, which comes to close to 'talking down' of Taker, is Stephanie McMahon. She wanted to end Takers streak, for Triple H no doubt - favoritism much? Anyway, she wanted it gone and her husband to end it. Thankfully, that never and hopefully, won't happen. He has this undeniable aura about him, even the haters can admit that, heck, does he even have haters? Lame if you can't admire one of the best in the business, and that's an understatement. 

Overall, as it has been stated by many other guys (i.e. Edge, Orton), The Undertaker runs the backstage, and if he says something, it sticks. I believe he was the first to man up and pound McMahon's door and say he needed to apologize to Bret during the whole Survivor Series screwjob and that spoke volumes with the clubhouse, showing that Taker, would stick up for any person, no matter what. 

And he always gives you his best no matter if it's on the big stage like Wrestlemania, or a house show with 2000 fans. His legacy is the wrestlers he's brought to the fore, who never would have been half the wrestler they are without Taker. Case in point is Kane. Where would Kane and Mick Foley be without him? 

Undertaker's legacy is you never left the arena after one of his matches thinking he had mailed it in. And the agility for such a big man. When he goes "old school" who have you ever seen who can do that? Can anyone else give you the staredown in the middle of the ring? How about that entrance? Can anyone else bring chills down your spine just walking to the ring? 

Without the Streak, Undertaker would still be the most respected man in the locker room, night in and night out. When he takes off his boots for the last time, it will leave a hole in WWE that can never be filled again. That is the Undertaker's legacy. 

The day he retires for good is the day I'm done with wrestling altogether.

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101219053738AADcaK1

Hello,

Ugh, A lot of that post was utter garbage.

A lot? Most of it.

Anyone that disrespects Mark not only as a performer but as a person (we don't know him like that but we have always read that he is great with newcomers in the back) problably will get blackballed in the business.

One of those guys might be Lesner; Lesner is a ###### inside and outside of the ring.

Umm taker himself offered to end the streak to Kane, but Kane refused. Fanboyism gone mad in that post

Mark doesnt mind ending the streak. It seems that this point it means more to the WWE than to him! :laugh:

I think Kane deserves the streak. A guy who himself has been in the WWE for 19 years.

I hope someone ends: Such as Sting, Austin, Rock, Triple H (forth time), Punk, Bryan, Hogan.....any of those.....before Cena.

Cena ending the streak I think would ruin not only a legacy but a entire entertainment industry.

Interesting pictures. Vince won't like it if those make the rounds. Say bye-bye to your belt, AJ.

Hello,
A lot? Most of it.

Anyone that disrespects Mark not only as a performer but as a person (we don't know him like that but we have always read that he is great with newcomers in the back) problably will get blackballed in the business.

One of those guys might be Lesner; Lesner is a ###### inside and outside of the ring.

Mark doesnt mind ending the streak. It seems that this point it means more to the WWE than to him! :laugh:

I think Kane deserves the streak. A guy who himself has been in the WWE for 19 years.

I hope someone ends: Such as Sting, Austin, Rock, Triple H (forth time), Punk, Bryan, Hogan.....any of those.....before Cena.

Cena ending the streak I think would ruin not only a legacy but a entire entertainment industry.

Who does giving the streak to a non-wrestler (or special attraction) benefit?
No one.

The only guy that should get it is a young star they can count on for many years.

Big E, Roman Reigns, Cesaro, or Bryan are only 4, really. Cesaro and Bryan are a couple years too old. I would give it to Big E, but they would give it to Reigns if anyone ever beats him.

Beating Taker at WM is the biggest rub you can get. Bigger than holding the WWE Title. 

I would *love* to see Sting v Taker.  I rate Sting really highly for all he has done for the industry.  I would not like to see him end the streak though. That would be almost as bad as Part-timer Batista waltzing in and getting the WM main event.

If the streak is going to be broken it really does deserve to go to someone like Kane who has put the long yards in, or someone who is on the cusp of greatness but has been dealt a band hand by WWEs complete mis-management of their own product - Daniel Bryan.

Hello,

As much as I want Sting vs Taker and I hope it happens I would not want Sting to end the streak.

I perfer Sting over Cena. But correct: Sting doesnt even deserve the US title.

The only guy that should get it is a young star they can count on for many years.

Big E, Roman Reigns, Cesaro, or Bryan are only 4, really. Cesaro and Bryan are a couple years too old. I would give it to Big E, but they would give it to Reigns if anyone ever beats him.

Why? So he can go all druggie in a year or two, get sloppy, go to TNA, etc? No. They will give it to someone who has been in the WWE for years and they can trust. Their dream would problably be (this isnt realistic as Mark would be dead but) someone starting in NXT and in 10 years beats the streak. WWE's own product.

None of those. None, deserve the streak right now. I mean not even close.

Beating Taker at WM is the biggest rub you can get. Bigger than holding the WWE Title.

They will never give someone the streak to get a push. Not in a million years.

Interesting pictures. Vince won't like it if those make the rounds. Say bye-bye to your belt, AJ.

Who does giving the streak to a non-wrestler (or special attraction) benefit?

No one.

I would be down for Reigns to end it, he is a future main eventer

• Like 1

Pretty petty if she did actually end up losing the Divas Title just because of some pictures taken by a fan who decided to play paparazzi. Kayfabe doesn't matter so much anymore.

Satellite TV provider Dish Network has pulled all advertising for Sunday?s WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

The show is no longer listed on the Dish website Sports & Wrestling Events page or the Dish channel guide. TNA pay-per-views are still listed.  Based on this information, it appears that Dish Network is dropping WWE pay-per-views ahead of the launch of the WWE Network next week.

With WWE bundling their pay-per-view events on the $9.99/month Network, there has been a lot of buzz in the cable/satellite TV industry that top providers will be retaliating against WWE by no longer covering their events. Following the announcement of the WWE Network, a spokesperson for DirecTV told the Los Angeles Times:

They added that sales WWE PPV events ?have been steadily declining, and this new low-cost competitive offering will only accelerate this trend.? DirecTV still has Elimination Chamber listed on their website as of this writing.

--------

good thing I've got two satellite providers here.

I have a huge problem with WWE network.

WWE buy rates have been dwindling for a long time now.  It is entirely down to their product going downhill over the past 8-10 years but I think even the last WM got nowhere near the buys WWE wanted.

The WWE network is basically them trying to bolster flagging PPV views and they're doing this by selling old content rather than improve their own current product.

The WWE network in and of itself isn't bad and i'm quite keen on a lot of the old content planned for it, but it is not replacement for improving their current product :/

WWE buy rates have been dwindling for a long time now.  It is entirely down to their product going downhill over the past 8-10 years but I think even the last WM got nowhere near the buys WWE wanted.

The WWE network is basically them trying to bolster flagging PPV views and they're doing this by selling old content rather than improve their own current product.

The WWE network in and of itself isn't bad and i'm quite keen on a lot of the old content planned for it, but it is not replacement for improving their current product :/

the WWE product started going downhill the moment the WWE became a publicly traded company. IF they had remained a private company, they could still be at TV-14 instead of being dumbed down for kids

The WWE hasn't relied on PPV revenue for a very long time. Even poorly performing UFC PPV have better numbers than WWE PPVs, save for Wrestlemania. Merchandising is where it is at and now they build on the subscription fees. Starting a network isn't something they did to boost PPV sales, they did it to shift away from it.