The Big Wrestling Thread!

ahahahaha I need that last bit just on its own that was awesome :D

I'm finally free of university assignments until September, so I'm on it right now! :P

I guess Vince had to back down on his plans for getting RAW and SmackDown replays on WWE Network.

I guess Vince had to back down on his plans for getting RAW and SmackDown replays on WWE Network.

Theres been no word on that yet. I bet it moves it a week out.

Former WWE star Harry "David Hart" Smith choked out a thief while in Amsterdam this past week. Smith witnessed a man steal a woman's purse and while three security guards were having a hard time with the man, Smith jumped in, took the guy down and put him in a choke.

The man actually started tapping out but Smith held the choke on him for a while before allowing security to take him away. It was said that the man went from ultra-aggressive to calm very quickly.

Top bloke. (Y)

• Like 2

What was probably the 2nd-most rumoured WWE signing for ages (after Sting, of course) has seemingly happened now...

According to PWInsider.com, WWE has officially inked a deal with former New Japan Pro Wrestling star Fergal "Prince" Devitt. Rumors have been circulating for months now, dating back to November of 2013 when he lost the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship to Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 8. 

Devitt is a 32-year-old Irish born wrestler trained by NWA UK Hammerlock and the New Japan Inoki Dojo, and has been wrestling in Japan full-time since 2006. One of the most decorated stars in NJPW of the past decade, he is a 2-time winner of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament, a 6-time IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champion, and a 3-time IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion. He is also one of the founding members and former leader of the Bullet Club, until leaving the promotion and being replaced by new IWGP World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles. 

Prince Devitt awaits a US work visa, and should be reporting to WWE NXT in Orlando, Florida in the next two months.

He's having a little fun on Twitter too.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet