The Big Wrestling Thread!

Hmmmm is that a work? :wacko:

There was talk he would leave in July anyway, but its a bit after July now so could be...does make you wonder why they didn't use his real name

ADR's not been the only release, by the way...

In a move that shocked everyone we've heard from, longtime WWE timekeeper and production worker Mark Yeaton was let go by WWE this week. Yeaton had been with the company for decades and his departure was described to me as a sign that "no one was safe" from the company cutbacks.

Beyond his on-screen role as timekeeper, Yeaton was very involved in ordering and maintaining materials WWE used for their rings and other logistical responsibilities.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/87403/surprising-wwe-release.html?p=1

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

It's worth noting that Albert Del Rio's release is the top story on the front page of WWE's website right now. Usually when WWE announces talent departures they use their real name but Del Rio's real name was not used in today's announcement.

If Del Rio really is gone from the company, his last match would have been a loss to Jack Swagger on this week's Main Event. He did not work the SmackDown taping and did not work today's live event in Melbourne, Australia.

It was recently reported that Del Rio's contract was expiring soon.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/article/21836/more-news-regarding-alberto-del-rio-039-s-wwe-departure/

There was talk he would leave in July anyway, but its a bit after July now so could be...does make you wonder why they didn't use his real name

Also, the usually add the "wish him well in future endeavors bla bla".

Weird that they didn't list his real name. 

And didn't wish him well in his future endeavors, but if he spit on HHH like one thing I just read, that part makes sense. However, WWE doesn't have an event today or yesterday, so if this happened Tuesday, why did it take this long for a one line post on WWE.com?

Has to be serious if its not a work.

Rob Feinstein of RF Video posted on his Facebook that Del Rio was involved in a backstage incident at the recent WWE TV tapings.

"I am sure the reason ADR was released will come out but he was 100% let go after TV incident that took place in the back at TV. He did get into a altercation with a employee who does stuff for the company with social media. I was told that there were words exchanged and a slap which is all just allegations at this point. When I first read the WWE release the wording struck me very strange as WWE would never say that unless they were super hot about the firing. It's no secret that he has expressed lots of interest in going back to Mexico as soon as his contract expired, and he is very well off."

This should be taken as strictly rumor and speculation at this stage although the source usually very reliable.

^ Why did it take two days to get it done then? Especially with the short message that was posted, and they put it on the headlines, which they normally don't do.

Dunno either it's a work to get ADR back out there which has worked seeing as he's trending on twitter and facebook or they are just so angry its short and sweet *shrugs*

Rockstar Spud defeated Crazzy Steve in a bad comedy match. Fans booed them. They chanted "we want wrestling" and "change the channel"

:/

Spike TV Exec apparently there as well