The Big Wrestling Thread!

The wrestling world is abuzz today with the news that Brock Lesnar, widely considered to be an indomitable WWE World Heavyweight Champion, was dethroned Thursday night at a non-televised WWE event in Kansas, losing to Kofi Kingston.

In front of 2,400 fans in a dimly lit arena in Wichita, Lesnar?s reign as champion came to an abrupt end after Kingston hit him with his signature ?Trouble in Paradise? finisher shortly after the seven-minute mark of the bout.

Kingston?s upset victory proved the old adage that ?anything can happen in the WWE,? and demonstrated that important developments can unfold at non-televised ?house shows? (like the time Iron Mike Sharpe scored a surprise victory against Terry Taylor in 1989).

Fans who witnessed the match reported that Lesnar looked ?tired,? presumably from his endless string of house-show title defences ? a gruelling schedule that has given Lesnar the reputation as WWE?s ?fightingest champion of all time.?

Immediately following the pinfall, a dejected Lesnar emitted his trademark pterodactyl shriek, but eventually regained his composure and gave Kingston a congratulatory hug.

?Of course I?m disappointed,? Lesnar said after the match, ?but it?s not whether you win or lose, as they say, but how you play the game. I just hope the fans were entertained.?

Lesnar said he will now take some much-needed time away from the ring to pursue his other passion, quilting.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/lesnar-loses-championship-house-show/

CM PUNK MAKES HIS MARVEL WRITING DEBUT ON "THOR ANNUAL" #1

Since CM Punk's final appearance on WWE television as the #1 entrant in the 2014 Royal Rumble, fans have been wondering what was next for the straight-edge superstar. But while most discussion has been focused on Punk's return to the ring, the fan-favorite wrestler is apparently focusing his attention on conquering another arena: the world of comics.

Long a fan of comics -- Punk belts out a hearty "It's clobberin' time!" before making his way to the squared circle -- the longtime pro wrestler makes his Marvel Comics debut in "Thor Annual" #1, writing a tale about Young Thor. The story, illustrated by "Chew" co-creator Rob Guillory (his first Marvel work), focuses on the younger incarnation of the thunder god introduced by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic in the "Thor: God of Thunder" ongoing.

"[T]he only thing [Jason Aaron] said to me was, 'I need a story about young Thor. Tell me what you think,'" Punk told Marvel about how he developed his story. "And the first idea that popped into my mind was the first thing I pitched to him, and he said he loved it, so we?re running with it.

"[T]he idea was, let?s do a story about young Thor as kind of a brash, bratty teenager who?s like, 'I?m totally worthy of this hammer. My dad?s full of [expletive]. I don?t know why I?m not "worthy" of the hammer. Look at all this cool stuff I did.' And it?s more or less like a drinking story. He?s gonna be sitting around with a few choice characters from the Marvel Universe, and they?re all gonna be drinking, and Thor?s gonna basically be complaining about essentially why his dad won?t give him the keys to the car."

And Punk isn't done with this story. The former world champ also tells Marvel.com that this short story is just the first step in his plan to beocme a full-on Marvel writer. "I think, my original pitch to [Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief] Axel Alonso in 2011 was, 'Let me write Punisher.' In my mind, for some odd reason, I?ve just got this Punisher story in my head, and I think it?s super, super awesome. I can read Jason Aaron?s Punisher and everybody else's [take on the] character and it's good, but I think that my Punisher story is pretty badass. So everything I do for Marvel is going to be leading up to, 'Please just let me write my Punisher story.' So until they let me do that, you?re gonna get all kinds of other stories about all kinds of other characters until they satisfy this need I have to write Frank Castle."

"Thor Annual" #1, featuring a story by CM Punk and Rob Guillory, arrives in stores in February 2015.

Wrestling fans are buzzing today after leaked information from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) revealed that the main event match at the WrestleMania 31 event in March will see Brock Lesnar defend his one-match ?streak? against popular internet feline Grumpy Cat.

Lesnar has seemed impossible to dethrone as WWE Champion in recent months ? partly because nobody knows where he is most of the time ? but the impending showdown against Grumpy Cat may be the toughest challenge of his career.

Grumpy Cat, a perpetually perturbed pussycat who rose to worldwide notoriety as an internet meme in 2012, will guest-host an upcoming episode of Monday Night Raw, at which time she is expected to officially challenge Lesnar to the WrestleMania showdown.

Though Grumpy Cat has limited in-ring experience, many wrestling experts predict that she will accomplish what The Undertaker could not ?a clean pinfall victory against Lesnar on the so-called Grandest Stage of Them All.

?Grumpy Cat has an unorthodox arsenal of claws, teeth, and extreme grumpiness, and Brock won?t know how to compete against that,? says longtime wrestling and MMA journalist Dave Metzler. ?Plus, Brock is badly allergic to cats.?

Lesnar, of course, has a distinct size advantage, weighing in at 286 pounds of solid muscle, compared to Grumpy Cat?s weight of 14 pounds of fur and Kibbles ?N Bits.

Asked whether she was worried about facing such a larger foe, Grumpy Cat merely frowned and said: ?NO.?

http://www.kayfabenews.com/lesnar-confirmed-face-grumpy-cat-wrestlemania-31/