The Big Wrestling Thread!

As noted, The International Business Times is reporting the hacker activist group Anonymous uncovered a possible ISIS threat to attack The Phillips Arena in Atlanta, the site of tomorrow night’s WWE Survivor Series PPV.

WWE issued an official statement responding to the threat noting that as of now the PPV will still be taking place as scheduled.

The local CBS affiliate in Atlanta reports that the FBI is taking the threat very seriously. They issued this statement to Action 2 News:

“The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe.”

Georgia Emergency Management Agency Director Jim Butterworth told Channel 2 that his agency is working closely with the FBI, the Georgia Information Sharing and Analysis Center and others in evaluating the threat.

Furthermore, Channel 2 reports that the Atlanta Police Department is talking about “replanning the event.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/644731-fbi-reportedly-taking-wwe-survivor-series-isis-terror-threat-very-seriously-atlanta-police-discussing-replanning-the-ppv

screenshot-twitter.com_2015-11-21_21-57-

Probably my favourite moment from ICW's Fear & Loathing VIII last week (which was a great show, by the way; worth watching if you get the chance, and it'll probably make you an ICW fan, too)...

Kia Stevens, who WWE fans will remember as Kharma from a WWE run that was more build than action (but that did provide us with a cool Royal Rumble moment back in 2012), has informed Japanese fans that she will not be working an upcoming show in Korakuen Hall that she was scheduled to appear in on November 25.

According to the letter published in Japanese on-line that's because she will retire at age 38.  Stevens, who is much better known by the name she worked under outside of WWE, Awesome Kong, states in the announcment that doctors suggested she hang up her boots. And because she doesn't feel she can perform at the level fans expect of her, she is following their suggestion.

Kong returned to TNA, where she's probably experienced the most success with two Knockouts titles and a run with the tag belts over her three years there from 2007 - 2010, earlier this year. Reports started circulating almost immediately that she was struggling with a bad back and other ailments accumulated throughout her career. Though she still made an impression with her natural charisma and knowing how to work a compelling match - especially with frequent rival Gail Kim - her ring work was noticeably effected by whatever injuries with which she was coping.

We'll keep you posted with any updates (or a quality English translation of the letter). Thanks to Kia Stevens for entertaining us through the years, and we wish her the best in whatever comes next.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/11/22/9779132/awesome-kong-announces-her-retirement-from-pro-wrestling 

So, Cesaro tore a tendon and partially tore a second one both in his shoulder, he's been injured for the past two months, he's undergoing surgery today, and he's likely to be out of action for around 4-6 months. http://www.wwe.com/inside/cesaro-injured-interview-28238589

So, Cesaro tore a tendon and partially tore a second one both in his shoulder, he's been injured for the past two months, he's undergoing surgery today, and he's likely to be out of action for around 4-6 months. http://www.wwe.com/inside/cesaro-injured-interview-28238589

UGH.  Hope he gets back at 100% soon, and doesn't lose any push, but gains!

Well, Reigns was Heavyweight champ!  For a couple minutes, anyway.....I think we all saw that coming.

Since I don't watch RAW, just catch what is posted on WWE's site, Raw last night wasn't to bad.  Wasn't great, but wasn't bad, from what I could tell.  Anyway, What are the thoughts on what they are doing with Reigns now?  I am thinking they will make it more of a "HHH vs Reigns" bit, aka Austin VS McMahon in the past.  Just hope if they *are* doing that, they (HHH and Reigns) do it their own way, instead of just rehashing Austin/McMahon.

I am also really liking KO's "heel" bit- yeah, he is a heel, but he can make me laugh, as well as ###### me off, so to me he is doing good so far.  Not a "Seth Rollins" heel, but maybe in time.

Just my random thoughts.

As noted, NXT star Solomon Crowe has had his profile removed from the NXT roster page on WWE.com, and PWInsider.com has confirmed Crowe is indeed finished with WWE. Crowe reportedly requested his release from the company and it was granted.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/645833-wwe-nxt-talent-departure-confirmed-wwe-raw-twitter-ratings-trailer-for-new-jim-cornette-and-kevin-sullivan-dvd 

The final WWE RAW rating for this week’s Survivor Series ‘go-home’ show was a 2.16, down from last week’s 2.28. 

This number, according to F4WOnline.com’s Dave Meltzer, is the lowest rating since before the start of the Attitude Era, and it was called “a disaster” for WWE. 

As noted earlier, this week’s show drew a new non-holiday low of 2.964 million viewers, which was a drop from last week, and  and 200,000 viewers less than the previous low total nearly 19 years ago. 

Meltzer noted this week’s Monday Night Football game between the NFL’s New England Patriots and Buffalo Bills gained about two million more viewers than other totals this season, possibly giving a reason for WWE’s drop. This is the first time since 1997 that WWE RAW failed to average more than three million viewers.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/645969-this-weeks-final-wwe-raw-rating-considered-a-disaster-rating-lowest-since-attitude-era