The Big Wrestling Thread!

53 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Because comedy! ;) Shows r/SquaredCircle like their jokes, too, as it didn't get downvoted to oblivion there. :p 

I never saw it on SC, I saw it trending on Facebook.

Wait, so Jeff Hardy has now joined Broken Matt Hardy and is named Decay Jeff Hardy? So I guess he was deleted completely? I DONT UNDERSTAND! This is what I get for not watching TNA every week I guess...

19 minutes ago, LOC said:

Wait, so Jeff Hardy has now joined Broken Matt Hardy and is named Decay Jeff Hardy? So I guess he was deleted completely? I DONT UNDERSTAND! This is what I get for not watching TNA every week I guess...

I'll try to fill you in as best as I can. :p

Decay refers to the stable of Abyss, Crazzy Steve, and Rosemary, who are currently the tag team champions. Jeff Hardy Brother Nero is still the obsolete mule that Broken Matt Hardy made him into, only he's now broken, too, after this...

They became a tag team once again, Matt "trained" him...

...then they became the #1 contenders to the tag team titles.

And now they're facing Decay for the titles at Bound for Glory next month. The entire saga is all in a playlist here (not the actual Botchamania guy, though; no idea why they're pretending to be him).

Meanwhile, over in the Knockouts division, Cherry Bomb won the title last week! But there's a catch: her gimmick in TNA is an annoying PA with a voice to rival Vickie Guerrero who has zero wrestling experience...

As everybody knows, I am a former WWE and TNA Superstar. As everybody also knows, WWE has been attempting to reach out to former WWE stars to help build the RAW and Smackdown Live dynasty. Recently, I was approached by a man named Mark Carrano. He offered me a full-time deal to return to the RAW brand. I kindly declined. I'm 38 years old, my body isn't capable of being a full-time WWE wrestler anymore like it was back in 2006, 10 years ago. I like the idea of being on the independent scene, mainly because I get to pick the dates I want to work. After recent concussion issues, I was advised to retire. I said no. 2 months later, I made a remarkable recovery and was cleared to compete. Although, I just didn't feel as good as I used to when I wrestled full time. Since February 2016, I have been semiretired. If WWE decides to reconsider and offer me a part-time deal, I'd gladly accept it. I have no bad blood with WWE, I just can't physically compete full-time anymore. As far as a TNA return goes, consider it off the table. At least WWE knows how to pay their talents on time, just saying...

-Mike Hettinga
Aka Mike Knox, Knux, and Mike Knux

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp254f

If anyone's looking for something to watch, WCPW's livestreaming their latest show right now. Eric Bischoff is there as guest GM, and the second match is just about to start.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but there will be an NXT Takeover in Toronto this night before Survivor Series. Raw will also be in Toronto the night after. All 3 will be at the Air Canada Centre. The 3 NXT house shows in Toronto, Kitchener and St. Catharines for September 21, 22 and 23 were cancelled.

http://www.wwe.com/nxt-takeover-survivor-series-weekend-toronto-canada

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

Never saw this before; don't know how I missed it until now. :laugh: 

Haha, I actually remember that - mainly because Batista turned on Evolution not long after and I was watching WWE every week waiting for his turn (it was rumored for weeks online etc which was still a new thing for getting rumors and news for wrestling back then). I was watching that Monday with some friends after work and one of them was quite drunk and asked me why that muscled man was chasing that blonde woman LOL :p

• Like 1

As previously reported, Billy Corgan is the man in charge of TNA now, and Dixie Carter is on her way out. The way that Corgan took charge, with Carter being named “Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer,” is being done so that she can save face on her way out. She did not stay for the entire tapings, and the word is that she only cares about exiting without getting egg on her face.

Corgan still faces the same issues going forward, he is running a company that doesn’t create enough revenue to cover payroll and TV production, which is why he and Aroluxe had to invest in TNA in the first place. The company has also shown an inability to create profit off both live events and PPV for years.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/billy-corgan-in-control-of-tna-as-dixie-carter-quietly-exits/

According to F4WOnline.com, former WWE star Cody Rhodes is heading to TNA Wrestling.

Dave Meltzer spoke with Cody at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla’s Battle of Los Angeles this weekend, and the former Stardust reportedly has a deal in place with TNA and is planning on working for both TNA and Ring of Honor but will not be under contract to either.

Cody is apparently planning on feuding with Mike Bennett in TNA after the two recently worked together in Northeast Wrestling. Brandi Rhodes, the former Eden, has been doing some of Cody’s ring announcing on the Indy scene, and it sounds like she may appear in TNA as well, possibly in a mini-feud with Bennett’s wife Maria Kanellis.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/750967-cody-rhodes-reportedly-signing-with-tna

Well, Lucha Underground season 3 started off with a bang! A rather unexpected cameo at the very beginning, too...

...and now there's this to look forward to in the morning!

Well, just watched it, and here it is (plus most of the buildup)...

Yes, they really fought a kangaroo that supposedly has the soul of Smokin' Joe Frazier. TNA didn't upload the whole private zoo segment, which also had Matt talking to a giraffe with the soul of George Washington, a tiger with Genghis Khan's soul, and a cage full of spot monkeys nicknamed after about half of the X Division plus "Matt and Nick, the Bucks of Youth".

14 minutes ago, timster said:

Well, guess the rumours were real; going by them, Paige might be the next one released, as WWE apparently threatened to fire her if she didn't break up with ADR, and she's now hired legal representation.

And Del Rio's holding a press conference in Mexico City today. It was supposedly to announce his departure from WWE, so WWE beat him to the punch. I'm guessing he'll announce he's returning to AAA (and hopefully Lucha Underground).

As noted, Alberto Del Rio held a press conference today in Mexico to address his current status, and the following are some highlights courtesy of Lucha Blog.

Del Rio was going by his former ring name Alberto El Patron, and although he announced yesterday he would be addressing his WWE Wellness Policy violation and subsequent 30 day suspension, he never spoke about the situation.

Instead, Del Rio stated publicly that he finished up with WWE because he was not happy with his second run in the company, and that his passion for wrestling was beginning to wane. Del Rio added he feels like he has accomplished all he can in WWE and it was time to move on. He noted the split between him and WWE was amicable and there are no negative feelings towards the company.

As for his future in pro wrestling, Del Rio said he is clear to work anywhere outside the U.S., and he is working on getting cleared for U.S. appearances soon. He added he is not looking to sign anywhere, and he is looking ahead to retirement. He feels he will likely retire in two years.

Del Rio’s first post-WWE appearance has already been announced as he and his brother Memo will be facing Zack and Roy Knight, the brothers of WWE star Paige, for the WAW promotion in Norwich, England. WAW is the promotion owned by Paige’s parents, Ricky and Saraya Knight.

As noted, Paige, Del Rio’s real life girlfriend, was in attendance for today’s press conference, but not in an official capacity.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/752793-alberto-del-rio-reveals-why-he-left-wwe-did-he-address-his-suspension-talks-his-future-wrestling-for-paiges-familys-promotion-more