The Big Wrestling Thread!

On 10/22/2017 at 3:20 AM, philixus1988 said:

Presumably hyping up a potential match with each other. Jericho's planning something very special next year...

Among all the bands, comedians and special wrestling guests, it's gonna have a special Sea of Honor tournament from Ring of Honor, and it's hosted by Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler, so Jericho's working with ROH in a manner of speaking, meaning it's possible we might see Jericho vs. Omega.

...aaaand he's gone (again).

Looks like they're sticking with Impact Wrestling again for now. While on the subject, I forgot to mention they relaunched their own online network recently: Global Wrestling Network, which is basically their previous Total Access IMPACT subscription plus some classic and indy promotions thrown in, like Smash Wrestling and Border City Wrestling. The past year or so of Impact can be watched for free on there - you don't even have to sign up - and there's also all their PPVs, plus a bunch of other series up behind the subscription, which is $7.99 a month.

Not sure if this belongs here specifically, but I figured you guys might enjoy it, if not a mod can move it of course (dunno where to though). Here's Natayla talking to BUILD (quickly becoming one of my favorite interview channels on Youtube!) about the upcoming season of Total Divas and some other stuff:

Here's another "not sure it goes here but its got a wrestler in it" dealie - this time its the List master himself, Chris Jericho on Hot Ones! They do discuss wrestling, but be warned (I haven't watched the entire thing yet) there is probably some salty language involved:

• Like 1

Well, as with most mass release announcements, these are surprising. Well, a couple are. Sad to see Emma and Young go and while Summer Rae was always cuttable for WWE, still sucks for her.

On 22/10/2017 at 1:02 AM, MightyJordan said:

That will be awesome, i am going in December to see BT Gunn fight Cody Rhodes, should be an awesome match

• Like 1

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned referee Earl Hebner is no longer working for Impact Wrestling.

Sources tell us Hebner left the company this week and it was due to Impact informing the referees that they’d be using local refs while in Canada for Bound For Glory/the tapings that follow.

The past week has seen an exodus of referees from Impact. First Brian Hebner was granted his release, then Brian Stiffler made his exit from the company.

Earl had been with Impact since 2006 and was inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame in 2015.

No word on what his plans for the future are at this point.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/earl-hebner-departure-impact/#.WfzuXmh-qUk

Cue the sinking ship comparisons again. Rockstar Spud's also left, plus Marshe Rockett, and now Impact Wrestling are technically refereeless, all in the space of about a week. Doesn't look good, especially with the rumours from September about Anthem "hemorrhaging funds".