Diva's............. Yummy !!!

Amen to that brother!

#20 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• 2,763 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 26 February 2008 - 13:06

Is it just me or are the crowds at WWE events simply dead these days? Or at least that's how it portrays on TV. I was watching some old classics of The Rock doing mic work on Daily Motion and I just thought WOW, he could damn sure work the crowd. Nowadays, whenever anyone picks up a mic all you hear is the occasional "What!"

I suppose they can hardly be blamed though. You've got the usual suspects dominating the main events. You've got stupidity like Hornswoggle vs Khali which you know just has "insert babyface interruption here to save the day" written all over it. Mid-carders are forever remaining mid-carders. Decent wrestlers just disappearing on to house shows. (I was gonna mention Shelton Benjamin here, but amazingly they've put him into the MITB Ladder match - which he won't win of course! That's reserved for Kennedy imo)

When you thought they learnt their lesson with Katie Vick, we got Katie Lea and the incest angle!

And what's with the brand extention? Either do it or don't! You got RAW wrestlers on SmackDown, SmackDown wrestlers on RAW, ECW Wrestlers on both! Make your mind up or just make it one big brand again. I mean 2 ECW guys are the SmackDown Tag Team champions - Why? Get some decents Tag Teams on SmackDown! Get some decent Tag Teams period! Constantly bringing back DX for the "one night only reunion" every few weeks doesn't consitute a decent Tag Team division.

I agree with the comment about the US Title and add to that the Intercontinental Title too! Keep the divisions going separately. Lately we've had Jeff Hardy fighting his way to a WWE Title shot, in that case, make him drop the title and get some other guys working that division.

I don't know if it's the lack of decent competition that is causing WWE to act what in my view is just complacency, but well the past just shows that a big attack on it's viewing figures like WCW managed with the nWo is the only thing that threatens Vince and his domination in the "Sports Entertainment" market. It looks like the WWE relaxed attitude is here to stay for a while.

One final note: Mayweather's due to get $20m for his Wrestlemania appearance. Now that is one cool payoff!

#21 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 13:30

I have to agree about the dead crowds. I watched an opening of Raw from 10-11 years ago and the crowd were mental and all you could see was a sea of signs. Now, i don't know if it's due to sign confiscating or the crowd being less excited but you don't see it anymore.

#22 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,261 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 26 February 2008 - 15:50

Is it just me or are the crowds at WWE events simply dead these days? Or at least that's how it portrays on TV. I was watching some old classics of The Rock doing mic work on Daily Motion and I just thought WOW, he could damn sure work the crowd. Nowadays, whenever anyone picks up a mic all you hear is the occasional "What!"

I suppose they can hardly be blamed though. You've got the usual suspects dominating the main events. You've got stupidity like Hornswoggle vs Khali which you know just has "insert babyface interruption here to save the day" written all over it. Mid-carders are forever remaining mid-carders. Decent wrestlers just disappearing on to house shows. (I was gonna mention Shelton Benjamin here, but amazingly they've put him into the MITB Ladder match - which he won't win of course! That's reserved for Kennedy imo)

When you thought they learnt their lesson with Katie Vick, we got Katie Lea and the incest angle!

And what's with the brand extention? Either do it or don't! You got RAW wrestlers on SmackDown, SmackDown wrestlers on RAW, ECW Wrestlers on both! Make your mind up or just make it one big brand again. I mean 2 ECW guys are the SmackDown Tag Team champions - Why? Get some decents Tag Teams on SmackDown! Get some decent Tag Teams period! Constantly bringing back DX for the "one night only reunion" every few weeks doesn't consitute a decent Tag Team division.

I agree with the comment about the US Title and add to that the Intercontinental Title too! Keep the divisions going separately. Lately we've had Jeff Hardy fighting his way to a WWE Title shot, in that case, make him drop the title and get some other guys working that division.

I don't know if it's the lack of decent competition that is causing WWE to act what in my view is just complacency, but well the past just shows that a big attack on it's viewing figures like WCW managed with the nWo is the only thing that threatens Vince and his domination in the "Sports Entertainment" market. It looks like the WWE relaxed attitude is here to stay for a while.

One final note: Mayweather's due to get $20m for his Wrestlemania appearance. Now that is one cool payoff!

Yeah I mentioned the Mayweather thing in the exclusive stand alone thread in this section!

#23 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,261 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 21:39

Just seen the Maria Playboy Spread...I think its safe to say...I would.

#24 OP +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• 9,298 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 01 March 2008 - 13:10

It seems as if the Undertakes made a statement yesterday. He's new move is awesome.

#25 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,261 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 17:39

I think the Undertaker is gonna lose at WM.

#26 OP +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• 9,298 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 19:23

I don't know actually. It is possible because this will be ending his streak and his enormous mind games. We'll see. However, Mysterio lost twice to Edge, I may see Edge losing. I hate Edge anyway.

#27 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,261 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 20:23

I don't know actually. It is possible because this will be ending his streak and his enormous mind games. We'll see. However, Mysterio lost twice to Edge, I may see Edge losing. I hate Edge anyway.

Maybe I think Edge is like a transitional champion have you ever realised Edge only wins the title when people are injured.

#28 OP +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• 9,298 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 20:25

Edge had to give it away as well because of an injury maybe hence the reason why he is so greedy.

#29 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 14:28

Edge gets the title because he's the top heel in the company and possibly North America.

#30 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,261 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 14:50

I actually hate Edge the only time I have ever liked him is actually wait the 2 times I have actually liked him was when he beat Cena at that New Years Revolution that year that was off the wall and the time he exposed Litas Breast on Raw.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!