The Big Wrestling Thread!

Damn it WWE...just when i thought you couldn't ruin my opinion of you any more....

you turn HBK into an ######, you have Sandow cash in and lose, and you Big E doesn't win the US title... i give up.

Viacom will pay more for TNA Wrestling Entertainment then WWF did for WCW

By Viacomnews  |  Posted 2 hours ago  

As noted late last night, The Carter Family is looking to sell TNA iMPACT! Wrestling.

Several sources note that The Carter's are looking to sell the company, and have been "for a while now. There are a lot of "big things" going on behind-the-scenes right now as far as the future ownership of the company, but the bottom line is, they are basically looking to sell it to the highest bidder.

One report claims that some of the people interested in buying TNA from the Carter's include Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Viacom and possibly even World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

UPDATE...

NEW YORK CNNMoney report: "There is a strong.. strong feeling within TNA Wrestling Entertainment, not only in the "ups" in the office, but with the workers, too, that the announcement of the company's sale to Viacom could be made soon, it is expected to be confirmed imminently. A number of TNA employees who, only a few days ago, did not believe the talk of a sale had any truth to it like AJ Styles, now look at the sale as being imminent." Eric Bischoff is believed to be behind the Viacom bid.

Terms of the deal were disclosed in a small way , Viacom will pay more for TNA Wrestling Entertainment thin WWF did for WCW . Michael Nathanson said that Jeffrey Leonard "Jeff" Jarrett would retain a minority stake financial gain more shares up to %40. Viacom had brought on board Jeff Jarrett as a part owner and an active player in TNA Wrestling?s future, but said little else about how the brand would change.

the latest in a series of purchases "In fall 2011, the company paid around $50 million for a majority stake in Bellator Fighting Championships, according to people with knowledge of the deal who did not want to be identified discussing internal company business."

While the sum is astronomical by MMA standards, the sum represents approximately 1% of the five billions dollars in cash that Viacom is sitting on.

The cash-cow businesses owned by Panda Energy International, Inc parent company. It is the end of an era for Panda Energy International, Inc. the purchase should be financially manageable. TNA is worth about $1.2 billion, according to estimates by Viacom , which means the purchase price is about 3 percent of Viacom net worth. I think there?s is low-hanging fruit on the revenue front thats why the sale is already over? analyst Michael Nathanson said.

The quoted analyst Michael Nathanson wrote in a research note that "I think this is very scary if your name is Vince McMahon. Viacom will pay more for TNA Wrestling Entertainment thin WWF did for WCW .Viacom and Spike TV has enjoyed an extremely successful working relationship with TNA Wrestling, over the past several years, and we anticipate that relationship continuing,we are always interested in adding properties to our portfolio that will expand our presence and position in the field of sports entertainment. Unlike the limitations of Bellator Fighting Championships Viacom is looking to produce 40 to 50 hours a week a cross all television network owned by Viacom ."

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1054144

TNA is worth about $1.2 billion, according to estimates by Viacom

OMG+Falkon+kick+www+funnyjunk+com+funny+

:| Surely that can't be serious? OK, inflation does push things up, but $1.2 billion today is still just over $900 million back in 2001 when WWE bought WCW. And you know how much WWE bought WCW for? Less than $3 million. Yep, not billion. Million.

If Viacom really end up paying that much for TNA, then the Carter family will have done a greater deal than when (football alert!) Spurs sold an overrated Welshman Gareth Bale to Real Madrid for ?100 million.

1.2 billion? That can't be right. Viacom is making some weird play here that I can't really figure out.

Also, 50 million for a majority stake in Bellator? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Not the full company but a majority stake?

Zuffa bought Strikeforce, the de facto number 2 promotion at the time for 40 millions, with everything included: fighters, library, everything. Viacom is getting fleeced.

Viacom could spend serious cash on the promotion to help it but to do that they need to acquire it then remove all deadwood and that includes old washed up talent as well not just Hogan and Bischoff

Viacom could spend serious cash on the promotion to help it but to do that they need to acquire it then remove all deadwood and that includes old washed up talent as well not just Hogan and Bischoff

I would be cheaper to just make their own promotion or throw money at a lower promotion that doesn't have so many contracts that they need to buy out like ROH.

Also, everything Viacom touches turns to (even more) ######. Just look at Bellator. Cancelled PPV, agressive contract disputes... Up and coming fighters are running away from it like the plague.

Also, everything Viacom touches turns to (even more) ****. Just look at Bellator. Cancelled PPV, agressive contract disputes... Up and coming fighters are running away from it like the plague.

very true, TNA would be better to shut down and rise again in the form of an indie promotion. Stop trying to compete and become your own thing

How about we talk about who we'd get rid of if we were in charge? Here's the current roster taken straight from TNA's site just now...

post-151617-0-60257500-1383056454.png

Now, straight off the bat for me, the obvious ones to get rid of would be Chavo Guerrero, Garett Bischoff, Hulk Hogan (technically he already is gone; he's still a free agent. Weird he's not been removed from the site after last week's Impact), Jeff Hardy, Joseph Park (obviously just the gimmick; have him go back full-time to Abyss), King Mo and Rampage Jackson (no explanation needed for those two). After that, I'd mull over Jay Bradley, Jessie Godderz, Knux, Robbie E, Sam Shaw and Wes Brisco. And then would come the task of bringing that roster back up to size: raiding the indies; mostly ROH in my case. :P

I would agree with you in most of those, also add in Kurt Angle, yeah he's great but tbh he's past his prime

True, but he does still put on the odd good match here and there; Bound for Glory being the latest example. But yeah, I'd probably end up getting rid of him too, as like Jeff Hardy, he is a legal liability; three DUI arrests, drug possession, and stalking. :/

Yeah I just watched the match out of curiosity and yeah when he was beating Cena with the case you felt that it could be time but NOPE

When i realized he was kicking out of things and his shoulder wasn't nearly as hurt as he was showing in the early part of the match i knew Cena was going to win...What is vince's fascination with this guy

When i realized he was kicking out of things and his shoulder wasn't nearly as hurt as he was showing in the early part of the match i knew Cena was going to win...What is vince's fascination with this guy

Uh, what?

Uh, what?

when he was getting beat down by Sandow he looked like he couldnt even move his arm, then half way through the match it seemed better even though sandow was still working on his arm. Normally an injured guy fighting with 1 good arm isn't going to beat someone who's fresh.