The Big Wrestling Thread!

As we have previously reported numerous times, WWE Superstar Ryback is said to be dealing with a decent amount of heat from WWE management. In addition to the reasons we have explained in the past, apparently Ryback gained additional heat recently due to performing typical Goldberg spots in a match, including the Jackhammer and the spear, without getting permission from WWE to do so ahead of time.

Greg Oliver of Slam! Wrestling is reporting that Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon passed away this morning at the age of 86. Vachon, touted as one of the greatest heels of all time and a WWE Hall of Famer (Class of 2010), had been in poor health for quite some time. 

Oliver posted a great, detailed look at Vachon's career and accomplishments that you should absolutely read. Check it out by clicking here.

Additionally, The Layfield Report has posted a blog taking a look at the career of Mad Dog, and has included a Mad Dog highlight video, at this link.

James Stewart has an interview with Ryback at this link, who was promoting this Sunday's Survivor Series pay-per-view. During the interview, Ryback discussed getting his name, his favorite wrestlers growing up, delivering Shell-Shocked to The Big Show on RAW (video is above) and more. He also said that he will be at Survivor Series this Sunday and will issue an open challenge. He was also asked the obligatory question about possibly facing Goldberg in the ring.

"I have a great amount of respect for Bill Goldberg, but I'm not going to beat around the bush and say I wanna be best friends with the guy," Ryback said. "I'd like to face him in the ring. I've heard him say he's not happy with comments I've made about him, check out Wrestling Inc.if he has a problem with it let's settle it at Wrestlemania."