The Big Wrestling Thread!

It appears pretty likely at this point that not only will Hulk Hogan not be competing in an actual match at WrestleMania XXX, he may not be involved physically in any form or fashion.

The latest word coming out of WWE is that Hogan was examined by their doctors and as a result, the decision was made not to use him in a physical capacity whenever he returns to the company officially.

Additionally, there is talk in WWE that the company may debut Hulk Hogan, along with several other big names, at the WWE RAW show on February 24th. The 2/22 RAW is the night after Elimination Chamber and the night that the WWE Network officially launches.

6wr6Z.jpg

• Like 1

If they do sign Sting along with Hogan's done deal, I would get Devon as well and do an 'outsiders/takeover/invasion' style angle. They can talk about other people being possibly involved and hint to AJ Styles or whoever. 

But they won't. They will waste everyone. Not that Hogan can do anything, nor Sting, but they have SOME relevance to their names that can make people tune in.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

45095_10152244648427783_1868924786_n.jpg

We got a little preview of the Royal Rumble match on RAW...

UlgTXmB.gif

Time to throw up predictions.

Pre-show: The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn) vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust © for the WWE Tag Team Championship - This will probably be where they start to sow the seeds for a Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust match at WrestleMania XXX.

Big Show vs. Brock LesnarEssentially a rehash of Royal Rumble 2003, but with Paul Heyman in the other corner.

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt - Probably gonna be the biggest pop of the night; seeing and hearing 15,000+ people doing the "YES!" chant.

John Cena vs. Randy Orton © for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Does it really have to be said?

Royal Rumble match - I'm tempted to back CM Punk, but nah, he'll probably be eliminated before they get to #20. I'll still back an outsider though; I'll go with Big E Langston :p

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot the WWE WHC match when I posted. :pinch:

HHH is obviously gonna turn on Orton and give him the boot. And while Cena is celebrating, Steph is gonna get into the ring and teabag Orton. I called it.

Hello,

Pre-show: The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn) vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust © for the WWE Tag Team Championship - No way they would give the tag titles to NAO. If there is a Rhodes vs Rhodes, it will start at the Rumble when one elimnates the other.

Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar - I see a spinball but I dont think WWE is gonna take advantage of it.

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt - Bryan already has enough push....I think they are trying to get Bray a bit more up the ladder.

Naomi vs AJ Lee - They will waste everyone's time with this...

John Cena vs. Randy Orton © for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Everything points to Cena; He has to fued with Brock. Brock beats Cena for the title and then

Royal Rumble match - All thru out the time coming to the Rumble, Ive had a lot of guesses. Its hard to call this one. Even if Baptista doesnt win, he can do it at Elimination Chamber and still be in the main event. CM Punk's missing a Royal Rumble win. Later, we have two returnees RVD and Sheamus, making 8 superstars a "surprise" (well, one will be some old school and/or Kane). Also, dont be surprised by a return of the Undertaker since all three of the Shield are involved. Another possibility, is that Cena loses (LOL) and he enters himself in the Rumble. Now THAT I would ask for a refund. Anyways, Im gonna stick to my original guy: Roman Reigns. Ill tell you even more: Batista and Reigns last men and Reigns gets the elimination...

Damien: Ive seen contests on Neowin for Minecraft building and something about a subway sandwich. I think it would be nice for each annual Rumble (since it is hard to pick the winner) or Wrestlemania to have a contest for who gets the card right and/or the most matches :) (Obviously till a certain date and/or if the matches dont leak). What do you think :)

According to PWInsider.com, the current plan for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 30 is for him to face Sheamus in a WrestleMania rematch.

While it remains unconfirmed as of now whether or not Sheamus will be returning to WWE at The Royal Rumble, current WWE plans as of today have Daniel Bryan facing Sheamus in a singles match at WrestleMania.

If these plans go through, this will be the third match between Bryan and Sheamus at WrestleMania, as the two previously faced off in a Lumberjack dark match at WrestleMania 27, and they faced off at WrestleMania 28 in the infamous match which saw Sheamus defeat Bryan for the World Title in 18 seconds.

Of course plans can always change for WrestleMania, but it's being said that a match between Bryan and Sheamus at the big event is pretty much "set in stone" at this point.

Hello,

23 confirmed......Barrett being dropped for a legend that we know will get elimintated is just dumb, so 22....RVD and Sheamus....24...

BTW, unless Im missing something (because Mark Henry is "injured"), this is going to be a Rumble with no "big fat men". The typical wrestler that you need more than one guy to get over the top. I imagine The Great Khali getting put in there for this purpose.

Hello,

I would enjoy a return by Kharma (Tia Stevens) to the Rumble. She was HIGHLY underused (releasing her because of her pregancy was awful; she has the right to live a personal life and start a family) and she would completely stir up the boring diva's division. There isnt even a official divas match announced yet for the Rumble. She wouldnt be there to be pretty or make friends (wait, on second thought, WWE is capable of making her this sweet inoccent strong girl....)

Sad thing is that she has recently dropped a lot of weight (good on her) so it loses a lot of her "power image". (Same thing as a slim Big Show or Mark Henry, just wouldnt cut it)