The Big Wrestling Thread!

Hello,

23 confirmed......Barrett being dropped for a legend that we know will get elimintated is just dumb, so 22....RVD and Sheamus....24...

BTW, unless Im missing something (because Mark Henry is "injured"), this is going to be a Rumble with no "big fat men". The typical wrestler that you need more than one guy to get over the top. I imagine The Great Khali getting put in there for this purpose.

I have a feeling #2 is going to be Kane.

Hello,

I would enjoy a return by Kharma (Tia Stevens) to the Rumble. She was HIGHLY underused (releasing her because of her pregancy was awful; she has the right to live a personal life and start a family) and she would completely stir up the boring diva's division. There isnt even a official divas match announced yet for the Rumble. She wouldnt be there to be pretty or make friends (wait, on second thought, WWE is capable of making her this sweet inoccent strong girl....)

Sad thing is that she has recently dropped a lot of weight (good on her) so it loses a lot of her "power image". (Same thing as a slim Big Show or Mark Henry, just wouldnt cut it)

They didn't release her because of her pregnancy, get your facts straight.

Rumble Predictions:

Boretista wins the Rumble

Orton retains

Lesnar wins.

Outlaws win.

Bryan wins.

They have to add some other matches - can't fill 3 hours with 4 matches. Barrett vs Miz maybe since he said he got bumped from the Rumble.

I wonder how well Dolphins1925 will do tomorrow night. For those that don't know, Dolphins1925 supposedly has a connection to someone at WWE who gives him the outcomes on each PPV before or while they are being aired. He's been extremely accurate too, though some outcomes that he received have been incorrect.

http://www.reddit.com/user/Dolphins1925

https://twitter.com/DolphinsReddit

I wonder how well Dolphins1925 will do tomorrow night. For those that don't know, Dolphins1925 supposedly has a connection to someone at WWE who gives him the outcomes on each PPV before or while they are being aired. He's been extremely accurate too, though some outcomes that he received have been incorrect.

http://www.reddit.com/user/Dolphins1925

https://twitter.com/DolphinsReddit

Yeah, I heard about him before; even made it onto a news website or two here in the UK. Never really kept up with his predictions though, and the talk seemed to dry up, so I just thought maybe he lost his connection. :P

I'm only gonna predict the Rumble itself since most of the matches otherwise are pretty cut and dry who is going to win (and why):

Last three: Batista, Bryan and Reigns.

Bryan tosses Reigns and then Batista tosses Bryan. Batista wins (sadly)

Thus setting up not only Bryan's possible fued with a heel Batista at WM (which WWE may already want to go with) but Reigns being cemented as a fan favorite by lasting until almost the end of the Rumble.

Ok, one more. Orton wins. He has to or his winning the whole thing last month means nothing and even WWE knows that one. Plus I think it's obvious they want him to slide into WM as champion.

I'm only gonna predict the Rumble itself since most of the matches otherwise are pretty cut and dry who is going to win (and why):

Thus setting up not only Bryan's possible fued with a heel Batista at WM (which WWE may already want to go with) but Reigns being cemented as a fan favorite by lasting until almost the end of the Rumble.

Ok, one more. Orton wins. He has to or his winning the whole thing last month means nothing and even WWE knows that one. Plus I think it's obvious they want him to slide into WM as champion.

Bryan isn't even going to be in the Rumble

oh this is just fantastic!

Every week I write the Best And Worst Of WWE Raw column, but I barely ever talk about Smackdown. If you'd like me to recap every Smackdown between 2004 and early 2012, I can do it in four words: TEDDY LONG TAG TEAM MATCH.

Former Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long (aka WCW's Theodore R. Long, aka "Peanuthead") ran a wrestling show for almost 8 years with only one programming idea:

1. Wait until 2-6 wrestlers were arguing in the ring.

2. Interrupt those wrestlers with a rap song about Teddy Long.

3. Announce that if those wrestlers had an issue, they could resolve it in a TAG TEAM MATCH*!

*With Teddy you can't just type "tag team match," because that's not how he says it. He says TAG TEAM MATCH.

Teddy is no longer GM, but now, thanks to YouTube user mekabizh1, you can relive the glory days with this nearly 7-minute long compilation of Teddy showing up, doing the most predictable thing a guy in charge of a wrestling show can do, and bailing. As an added bonus, I've included some of my favorite TAG TEAM MATCH memes and videos after the jump. So check this out and enjoy it, but don't get confrontational with anybody about it, because ... well ...

Bryan isn't even going to be in the Rumble

There are pretty serious rumors on the dirt sheets (and a couple legit wrestling news sites) that Bryan will lose his match at RR and then be in the Rumble itself and either win it or set up something else for him towards WM. My assumption is that Bryan will be in the Rumble, but if he wins his match - he won't be (maybe).

Let's face it, Bray Wyatt has to win - they've built the Wyatt's up to much up to now and especially Bray himself. All he does is sit in his stupid chair and then slams someone with sister abigal and talks gibberish half the time. Beating Bryan at this point would give Bray a big rub, and won't hurt Bryan in the least.

Also let's be real here. If Bryan is in the Rumble, the crowd will literally blow the roof off the place. And if he wins?? (which he probably won't if he's in the match) Dear god, the entire building might explode.

Hello,

I have a feeling #2 is going to be Kane.

I hope he is at least in the Rumble. Again, no big guys confirmed so... Forgot about the Wyatts...

They didn't release her because of her pregnancy, get your facts straight.

Whats the official story on her release then? 

Rumble Predictions:

Boretista wins the Rumble

Orton retains

Lesnar wins.

Outlaws win.

Bryan wins.

They have to add some other matches - can't fill 3 hours with 4 matches. Barrett vs Miz maybe since he said he got bumped from the Rumble.

Some reasoning behind your predictions would be nice :)

There will be a Divas match for sure. I mean AJ Lee could be a great champion...........but really there is no competition even decent enough to put on a interesting match.

A random thought I had the other day: Why don't they train Divas like the classic Mexican cruiserweights styles back in the day (Myserio, Psicosis, Kidman, etc) ? Their agility (if they can do splits, they can do springboards and backflips) might put on something decent of a show at least.

Officially Bryan isn't in the rumble but, like Cena, it wouldn't be strange to see him lose and enter. Him winning? It is a far shot and we have seen Bryan vs Orton several times; Making it the star match at WM seems...cheap.

Just for record purposes (and last minutes) here are some people who have not said/confirmed/etc anything about the Rumble (Im just gonna point out the ones that are obviously low card RR material, not NXT first timers, rarely used, or just are irrelevant at this point.):

Brodus Clay

Christian (this might be a surprise entry)

Curtis Axel

Ryback

PTP

Khali

Sin Cara

Santino

Tensai

Vince Russo is back working with TNA Wrestling as part of their creative team, according to a report at PWInsider.com.

TNA reportedly reached out to some creative people to help with some consulting for their television product and Russo was one of them.

TNA and Russo are denying these rumors publicly, but many within TNA claim he is absolutely working with the company again.

Jeff_hardy_Render_By_PSDD-Dipset3-1.png

I'm now agreeing with Damien that TNA won't live to see 2015.

And I thought this was bad enough...

TNA Wrestling has worked out a deal with Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida that will see Impact Wrestling (and two pay-per-view tapings) return to the venue starting in March.

Here is TNA?s upcoming taping schedule at Universal Studios:

- MARCH 13 ? IMPACT LIVE
- MARCH 14 ? IMPACT Taping
- MARCH 15 ? IMPACT Taping

- APRIL 10 ? IMPACT LIVE
- APRIL 11 ? IMPACT Taping
- APRIL 12 ? IMPACT Taping
- APRIL 26 ? One Night Only Taping
- APRIL 27 ? TNA Pay-Per-View Event
- APRIL 28 ? IMPACT Taping
- APRIL 29 ? IMPACT Taping

- MAY 7 ? IMPACT Taping
- MAY 8 ? IMPACT Taping
- MAY 9 ? IMPACT Taping

Additional details on TNA?s new arrangement with Universal Studios in Orlando will be announced soon.

Jeff_hardy_Render_By_PSDD-Dipset3-1.png

I'm now agreeing with Damien that TNA won't live to see 2015.

And I thought this was bad enough...

Yeah I saw that last night, I thought maybe it was a fake story, dear god!