The Big Wrestling Thread!

Have Sting and WWE Reached an Agreement?

According to Anthony DiMoro of Sportsrant.com, WWE and Sting have reached some sort of an agreement. The following is an excerpt from DiMoro's report, and you can read more here:

I have heard it from a good source that Sting and WWE have actually agreed to a deal, including a WWE Hall of Fame induction. The Hall of Fame induction may not come in 2014, but possible 2015 as WWE may want to feature Sting and get the fanbase familiar with him on WWE Television over the next year so that his induction is even more special. I anticipate a career DVD will also be in the mix later this year as well as a heavy presence of Sting on WWE Network.

According to Anthony DiMoro of Sportsrant.com, WWE and Sting have reached some sort of an agreement. The following is an excerpt from DiMoro's report, and you can read more here:

I have heard it from a good source that Sting and WWE have actually agreed to a deal, including a WWE Hall of Fame induction. The Hall of Fame induction may not come in 2014, but possible 2015 as WWE may want to feature Sting and get the fanbase familiar with him on WWE Television over the next year so that his induction is even more special. I anticipate a career DVD will also be in the mix later this year as well as a heavy presence of Sting on WWE Network.

It's Showtime!

According to Anthony DiMoro of Sportsrant.com, WWE and Sting have reached some sort of an agreement. The following is an excerpt from DiMoro's report, and you can read more here:

I would love to believe this.  The guy deserves to be in any wrestling HOF that exists - but until I see him on a WWE show, I refuse to believe it.

That was a depressing RR PPV. Hey WWE, I'll gladly pay $10 a month to watch your crappy - what used to be $50 PPV's lulz. (Well they still are 50, but whatever)

I was thinking of not reading spoilers until i watch the Rumble tonight but it's a good thing i did. At least i won't have to be surprised and disappointed by Bryan not winning the Rumble. I'll look forward to the boos though.

I was thinking of not reading spoilers until i watch the Rumble tonight but it's a good thing i did. At least i won't have to be surprised and disappointed by Bryan not winning the Rumble. I'll look forward to the boos though.

and his match against Bray.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

The full post...

HEY WWE....WHAT THE F?

Yes, I'm going to put a brick through my TV. It's just going to have to wait until tomorrow. I had every intention of putting a brick through my TV tonight, after seeing that Daniel Bryan was not even entered in the Royal Rumble match, let alone going to win the thing. But, upon seeing their dad with a brick in his hand, my younger children got a little bit scared, thinking their dad had lost his mind. A rather spirited debate about the wisdom of following through on the promise to put a brick through my TV ensued with my wife - and, as is usually the case in marital debates, I, being the husband, did not emerge victorious. Honestly, the points she made about mercury and glass fragments everywhere were pretty good ones.

But I'm still going to put a brick through my TV. It's just going to have to wait until tomorrow - when the kids are in school, and I can take the TV outside the house for the actual throwing of the brick. Granted, it's not nearly as dramatic as doing it live, right after the Rumble, but at least I will be keeping my word.

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out ######ing sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or the product. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was till looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".

1523356_766587800038027_501081864_o.jpg

Batista was legitimately upset after he won the Royal Rumble match tonight after the crowd turned on him.

On his way back up the ramp, Batista got into a verbal altercation with a disgruntled fan who flipped him off. Batista could be seen on the big screen telling the fan that he'd snap him in half and then flipped the fan off while still on the big screen. He then mockingly did the "Yes!" chant at the top of the ramp while fans peppered him with boos. However, instead of using his pointer fingers, he used his middle fingers and flipped the crowd off.