wrestling

15604 replies to this topic

#8161 +RageOfFury

RageOfFury

AJ Lee/Alison Brie/JLH worshiper

• 1,167 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 30 January 2013 - 23:25

Unfortunately we're gonna have Rock vs Cena 2. Cena will win the WWE championship and then hold the title for the next decade.

#8162 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,942 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 30 January 2013 - 23:54

Unfortunately we're gonna have Rock vs Cena 2. Cena will win the WWE championship and then hold the title for the next decade.

Close enough; it'll feel like a decade. :p

#8163 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,964 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16

I can kind of see where the WWE are coming at with this. Ending the streak would be a huge deal and give that wrestler a massive push. Someone like Punk is already an established main eventer, he doesn't really need it.

That said, Taker is the one person who should be able to decide how he gets booked and they should do whatever he wants.

#8164 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,942 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:28

I can kind of see where the WWE are coming at with this. Ending the streak would be a huge deal and give that wrestler a massive push. Someone like Punk is already an established main eventer, he doesn't really need it.

But then you'd cause a lot more outrage if you gave the honour of ending the streak to a midcarder. It's best if it's ended by an established main eventer, as it propels them into immortality. And CM Punk definitely is a worthy candidate; he's worked his arse off to get where he is now, and after having to give up the title to a part-timer with some movies to plug, the least he deserves is just facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

#8165 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,964 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:35

Maybe they're upset that Taker wants to lose to Punk and not their golden boy... :shifty:

#8166 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,942 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:36

Maybe they're upset that Taker wants to lose to Punk and not their golden boy... :shifty:

If that's the case, then that's their punishment for taking "Once in a Lifetime" and making it "Twice in a Lifetime". ;)

#8167 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,964 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:56

Well, he does have to get his win back...

#8168 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,942 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:52

YouTube version of that story I posted yesterday...

CM Punk tweeted it too...

#8169 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,942 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:39

Posted Image

Have to admit that did fool me for a few seconds. :laugh:

#8170 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,591 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 13:50

Punk has the potential to be a wunderkind for WWE. Shifting merch, getting outlets talking that tend to write off WWE. He could be their saving grace when it comes to bringing any sort of legitimacy to the WWE.

But he's not a VKM "product". Vince needs to see beyond his own ass and let taker do what he wants. If he wants Punk to end the streak, then nobody has the right to argue with that. Vince will argue that the streak is just a product that he created. BS - I understand what's real and not, but Taker is the reason for the streak, the guy gave WWE everything!

#8171 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,591 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:07

Heck, it writes itself. Lesnar comes back and F5's VKM. Heyman's focus shifts from CM Punk to Lesnar. CM Punk get's frustrated, including blaming Heyman for Shield involvement costing him his match. Punk whines on about not being respected by Heyman too. Taker comes back and they play the whole "Who's gonna face him this year" thing. Everyone expects Lesnar. Taker cuts an amazing promo about respect - how he earned it rather than just assuming it - Heyman interrupts commenting on how Taker showed no respect at the UFC event a few years back. Taker calls out punk, saying he respects his indie wrestling background, but to get respect in the big leagues you have to beat the big boys. Lesnar interupts and takes out Taker - Punk is ****ed because once again a Heyman stable member has interrupted something that mattered to him. Taker has one of those "decide who I face" segments, still people suspect Lesnar. Taker choses punk and openly admits that should Punk win, then he will have Taker's respect. Match set up. Turns Punk face (where he sold more merch), let's taker retire on his own terms, sets up Punk Lesnar. Nobody looks weak.

#8172 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,532 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:30

If taker wanted punk to take away the streak so he can retire it would have been so much better to have a belt vs streak match. No interference from anyone just a 1 on 1.

Not really. Belt vs Streak you KNOW the outcome. UT would never hold the title. He can't even work a Rock schedule.
Better if the title isn't on the line.

With Cena going over Rock at WM29 already basically known as an outcome, you can't have two matches 100% predictable as the top two on your card.

if anyone doesn't need the rub from taking UT's steak, its John Cena.

#8173 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,942 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 18:56

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8174 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,942 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 23:00

Posted Image

#8175 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,310 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 01 February 2013 - 00:56

true but how long is the rock staying? and i don't mean via satteliet ;)

how about via HAM radio?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!