The Big Wrestling Thread!

Hello,

The fued between Shield and Wyatt fued I can see being extended until WM.

And I like that some members said "Batista signed a full tim contract. He isnt like The Rock". Well, look at him. He has yet to have a TV match. Great full time :rolleyes:

Hello,

BTW, thanks to the Bellas, did anyone notice that the Xbox One isnt being advertised as "supporting" the WWE Network? Only said Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, and Roku.

Hello,

BTW, thanks to the Bellas, did anyone notice that the Xbox One isnt being advertised as "supporting" the WWE Network? Only said Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, and Roku.

there are quite a few devices they didn't mention that will be supported at some point this year. Xbox One is barely in its infancy and doesn't have all that many apps right now. Apple TV and Chromecast devices were handed out at the Launch event back in January (src: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/621597-the-big-wrestling-thread/?view=findpost&p=596211055)

I'm sure that WWE will be on the Xbox One by the time summer gets here. I can see it now, Michael Cole plugging the Xbox One app every few minutes "here's how to download the app, blah blah blah, change channel, blah blah"

Hello,

It won't support XB1 at launch. It will have an app in the summer though.

I have no idea why there is a big delay.

It won't support XB1 at launch. It will have an app in the summer though.

I have no idea why there is a big delay.

Maybe it's the same reason why BBC iPlayer is still not out on Xbox One yet: Kinect.

No, its the same thing.

No, it's not the same thing.  WWE make very clear definitions about this, it's their HOF and realistically what they say goes.  Wrestlemania has always been about celebrity as well as wrestling, and the HOF recognises that.

Whether there is a physical building or not is moot.

No, it's not the same thing.  WWE make very clear definitions about this, it's their HOF and realistically what they say goes.  Wrestlemania has always been about celebrity as well as wrestling, and the HOF recognises that.

Whether there is a physical building or not is moot.

It really is. 

Can you go somewhere and see the segregation between different inductees? Can you walk into the celebrity wing? 

In fact, and this is proof, without shadow of a doubt, that they are the same:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame

Is there any differentials between those that are celebrity inductees in that list? Hint: NO.

Some of the celebrity bios mention the 'celebrity wing', but most, like Bob Uecker and Donald Trump, do not. The 'career highlights' part at the top only lists the year they were inducted. Not 'celebrity inductee'. In fact, Drew Carey's bio is the ONLY one to mention a celebrity wing.

The entire thing is for the glorification of Vince McMahon's ego anyway, so it doesn't matter. But saying any wrestler (especially a multi-time champion like the Hardys) isn't deserving of being in when you consider the people that are is downright comical.

Maybe it's the same reason why BBC iPlayer is still not out on Xbox One yet: Kinect.

Testing indicated that slight movements, from picking up a cup of coffee to scratching your nose, interrupted entertainment playback.

this is

Is there any differentials between those that are celebrity inductees in that list? Hint: NO.

Some of the celebrity bios mention the 'celebrity wing'

You answered your own question.  Building or not, it's a metaphor anyway.  The hall is a metaphor, so is the wing.  Just because one list doesn't discriminate means nothing.

You answered your own question.  Building or not, it's a metaphor anyway.  The hall is a metaphor, so is the wing.  Just because one list doesn't discriminate means nothing.

Nice selective edit.

It isn't one list. It is THE OFFICIAL LIST. And only ONE PERSON on that OFFICIAL LIST mentions a celebrity wing.

Lets put it this way:

Assume you didn't know a 'celebrity wing' existed, and you looked up the Hall of Famers on WWE's site. Would you know, by looking at any other person except Drew Carey, that there was a celebrity wing and those people were supposed to be considered 'separate'? No, you would not. Therefore - there is no difference. 

So the official list mentions a celebrity wing...

Gotcha.

Suppose a great many things - hypothetical arguments are not for me.

WWE created their HOF.  WWE have numerous times mentioned people going into a celebrity wing.  Their HOF, their rules.  Therefore - there is a difference.  Don't like it?  Doesn't matter one ounce to what WWE say and do.

Drew Carey and Pete Rose are in the WWE HoF.

Putting the celebrity wing debate aside, these two inductions are among the reasons why I don't take the WWE Hall of Fame too seriously. Drew Carey made just one appearance in WWE, and Pete Rose is a convicted tax evader who also had a gambling problem which resulted in him being made permanently ineligible to go into the hall of fame of his own sport. And of course, there's also Mike Tyson: convicted rapist.

Putting the celebrity wing debate aside, these two inductions are among the reasons why I don't take the WWE Hall of Fame too seriously. Drew Carey made just one appearance in WWE, and Pete Rose is a convicted tax evader who also had a gambling problem which resulted in him being made permanently ineligible to go into the hall of fame of his own sport. And of course, there's also Mike Tyson: convicted rapist.

Carey made a couple of appearances, and Rose's gambling wasn't really why he is still banned. He is still banned (and not in the Baseball HoF) because of other reasons, mostly that people don't like him. 

Tyson, though, I agree 100%. 

• Like 1