wrestling

18129 replies to this topic

#8401 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• 16,177 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 26 February 2013 - 18:41

The man likes pain. He's a beast for sure.

Yep, there's a reason why he's a former UFC Heavyweight Champion.

#8402 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:36

Yikes, Undertaker looks horrible. Granted, doing one match in a year does not require you to be at a top physical shape. However, I still think he should have put in some work and hit the gym a bit. :p

#8403 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 14:20

Punk will just recieve a fine for the spike piledriver and thats it....

That or his WM spotlight gets taken away...

#8404 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 14:34

Cena will recieve the fine too for agreeing to do it.

and yes The Rock's title reign is disgusting; no appeareces almost, hasnt wrestled on tv, has he even appeared on smackdown??, etc.....i think he let a lot of people down thinking he was going to entertain when he has made the title look like a joke....

#8405 +RageOfFury

RageOfFury

Jennifer Love Hewitt worshiper

• 1,234 posts
  • Phone: HTC One GPE

Posted 27 February 2013 - 14:50

He's filming a damn movie while WWE Champ....

Posted Image

#8406 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,077 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 14:57

Why fined for it? It's part of one of the best matches of the last 6 months? Is it on the "nope, that's too dangerous" list?

#8407 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 15:52

He's filming a damn movie while WWE Champ....

I completely agree. If you are going to be champion, you can put your movie deals and crap aside for 6 days (RAWs left till wrestlemani, AFAIK)

Why fined for it? It's part of one of the best matches of the last 6 months? Is it on the "nope, that's too dangerous" list?

Because if they do it and just get a slap in the wrist for it, others will start to do it as well.

Of course, this could all be BS and WWE allowing again blood and some more "dangerous" movies such as a spike piledriver (trivia: Since when have we seen a piledriver on WWE NONPPV TV?)

#8408 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,749 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 15:58

^ 'The Hero' is his reality show.
If Vince didn't love the Rock so much, he wouldn't have given him the belt.

The piledriver is banned because it is legitimately dangerous for the person taking the move. Same as chair shots to the head. I get the whole 'if they want to do it, let them', but Vince/WWE don't want the bad publicity if the move goes wrong.

#8409 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• 16,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 16:26

The piledriver is banned because it is legitimately dangerous for the person taking the move. Same as chair shots to the head. I get the whole 'if they want to do it, let them', but Vince/WWE don't want the bad publicity if the move goes wrong.

Exactly. I thought maybe they made an exception for Punk and Cena because, well, they obviously know what they're doing.

#8410 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 16:32

Exactly. I thought maybe they made an exception for Punk and Cena because, well, they obviously know what they're doing.

Punk maybe but Cena? He tried a hurricanrana and it just came out weird! I think he tried one before and it also came out strange and Mr "I sell you everything including the kitchen sink" make it even look worst. (I think it was against ziggler)

Same as chair shots to the head.

I think your typical chair shot to the head with the rival's hands up cant be that bad....Its something they should bring back: Covered head chair shots.

Nothing to the back of the head, covered or not.

#8411 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• 16,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 16:34

Punk maybe but Cena? He tried a hurricanrana and it just came out weird!

True, but he still hit it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnmkCT7nCwM

At least it was better than his last one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-O2JqXmVvQ

#8412 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,919 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 18:30

See, this is why Cena is very underrated as a talent. IF given the time and right guy to work with he CAN wrestle and do more than his "5 moves of doom" as seen Monday night. Vince and creative are why Cena as a character is staler than old bread, and also why his in ring work has gotten so sterile and meh over the past couple of years or so. Last night he really worked hard (as did Punk of course) and really impressed me honestly. I didn't think he could pull that kind of match off anymore (let's face it, he isn't in perfect shape anymore due to injuries that he NEVER takes time off for to properly heal up) but he did a pretty damn good job of it. Justin LaBar on Wrestlezone.com said he shut all his haters up with that performance, I don't know about that but he certainly showed a good portion of the WWE universe that he can work if given time and the right guy to go against.

Also, Jack Swagger looks like a stalker, nutjob, luntatic standing behind Zeb all the time. It looks like he's going to snap and kill everyone. And/or smoke some weed.

#8413 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,749 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 18:39

Punk maybe but Cena? He tried a hurricanrana and it just came out weird!

Punk made that look bad, not Cena. Punk didn't get enough distance on his flip. Cena landed a little off, but thats it.

#8414 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,919 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 18:46

Yeah seeing a big bulky guy like Cena pull off a hurricanrana will pretty much always look odd. I mean hell even Sell Meister 2000 himself Dolph Ziggler couldn't really make it look good lol

#8415 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• 16,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 18:50

Yeah seeing a big bulky guy like Cena pull off a hurricanrana will pretty much always look odd.

Indeed...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2TLBP7F-vY

Although before Scott Steiner was 80% steroids, 15% incoherency, and 5% maths, he could actually do it pretty well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnmTwv_3A6k