The Big Wrestling Thread!

According to PWInsider.com, WWE NXT talent Sarah "Shara" Backman, a former Swedish arm wrestling champion, requested her release from WWE several days ago and the request has been granted. Below is a photo of Backman:

BaGgE_ACMAAXM4M.jpg

El Torito vs. Hornswoggle

Big E © vs. Bad News Barrett
Jack Swagger vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro
Alexander Rusev vs. Xavier Woods and R-Truth
Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena
Paige © vs. Tamina Snuka
Daniel Bryan © vs. Kane
Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista) vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)

<ROH and NJPW> combined events

Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

Very interesting cards, NJPW sent some of their top guys. These events should be very nice. I wonder if Kazuchika Okada will come with his pet raptor

Then and Now

<Bull Nakano then and now>

The Blue Queen smiling? No way!

She looks beaming and that is refreshing.

Relevant :p

<Vince Russo destroying a TNA sign>

Well, that did not take long. Ratings are going to be negative soon, the PPV was atrocious, storylines are copied pasted from WWE and two of the top guys (A.J. Styles and Christopher Daniels) that help grow the company are 'free agents" so, yeah, nothing ominous or premonitory with that picture

• Like 1

As noted, top Japanese star KENTA is leaving Pro Wrestling NOAH and speculation is that he's headed to WWE after working an informal tryout earlier this year.

KENTA spoke to media in Japan and said that he's beginning a new challenge in his life at 33 years old. His NOAH contract expired on April 30th but he will work two show on a per-show deal - May 3rd for NOAH and then his farewell show on May 17th.

It's still not confirmed that KENTA is joining WWE but most believe that to be the case. There's speculation that he could join New Japan Pro Wrestling as well.

WWE issued this response to F4Wonline.com when asked about KENTA coming in:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any further information to share at this time. We will keep you posted if/when we have any news on him."

You know, she's beautiful and all, and really talented in the ring. But my god does she need to eat some fried chicken or something to put some meat on those bones. THOSE BONES.

Also I had no idea she was gay until I went through all the pages when I came back online the other day (like 50 pages, gg guys!) heh.

As noted, top Japanese star KENTA is leaving Pro Wrestling NOAH and speculation is that he's headed to WWE after working an informal tryout earlier this year.

KENTA spoke to media in Japan and said that he's beginning a new challenge in his life at 33 years old. His NOAH contract expired on April 30th but he will work two show on a per-show deal - May 3rd for NOAH and then his farewell show on May 17th.

It's still not confirmed that KENTA is joining WWE but most believe that to be the case. There's speculation that he could join New Japan Pro Wrestling as well.

WWE issued this response to F4Wonline.com when asked about KENTA coming in:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any further information to share at this time. We will keep you posted if/when we have any news on him."

Refresh my memory, guys. In the past, have there been Japanese wrestler that had long term success in WWF/E or even in the US? The only name I can think of would be Taka Michinoku and he was only in the cruiserweight championship race.

I always have the feeling that the trip US to Japan is more beneficial compared to Japan to US.

I am going to go with KENTA going to NJPW

Refresh my memory, guys. In the past, have there been Japanese wrestler that had long term success in WWF/E or even in the US? The only name I can think of would be Taka Michinoku and he was only in the cruiserweight championship race.

Off the top of my head, definitely on one in WWE. As for America in general, I guess Keiji Mutoh's been the biggest Japanese export as The Great Muta in WCW and NWA, with the odd appearance TNA more recently. Only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Ayako Hamada; tag team champion once in Shimmer and twice in TNA.

You know, she's beautiful and all, and really talented in the ring. But my god does she need to eat some fried chicken or something to put some meat on those bones. THOSE BONES.

Also I had no idea she was gay until I went through all the pages when I came back online the other day (like 50 pages, gg guys!) heh.

Meh, she's fine. She's not anorexic or anything.

As far as her sexuality - plenty of girls kiss other girls. Its kind of a 'thing'. Been that way for years. Doesn't make her 'gay'. Bi, maybe, but not gay.

Off the top of my head, definitely on one in WWE. As for America in general, I guess Keiji Mutoh's been the biggest Japanese export as The Great Muta in WCW and NWA, with the odd appearance TNA more recently. Only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Ayako Hamada; tag team champion once in Shimmer and twice in TNA.

Muta, Tajiri, Taka, Mr Fuji, Mr Saito, Killer Khan, Ultimo Dragon, Antonio Inoki

Meh, she's fine. She's not anorexic or anything.

As far as her sexuality - plenty of girls kiss other girls. Its kind of a 'thing'. Been that way for years. Doesn't make her 'gay'. Bi, maybe, but not gay.

Yeah AFAIK Paige isn't gay

Muta, Tajiri, Taka, Mr Fuji, Mr Saito, Killer Khan, Ultimo Dragon, Antonio Inoki

Damien already mentioned Tajiri, so I didn't mention him. Honestly, I forgot Mr. Fuji did a fair bit of wrestling, but he's mostly known for his managerial work, isn't he? Have to say I've never heard of Mr. Saito before, but Wikipedia's my friend there; 2-time WWF Tag Team Champion with Mr. Fuji. Haven't heard of Killer Khan before either. Sure, Ultimo Dragon had a decent couple of years in WCW, but I wasn't around for those and I mostly remember his unfortunately disastrous time with WWE. And I was going to mention Antonio Inoki, but I looked back at his history and he never really did anything in America; he held the WWF title for a week in Japan against Bob Backlund (although WWE would rather we didn't remember that), and that was essentially his only brush with America, besides his induction in the WWE Hall of Fame. Although if you expand outside of wrestling, there's also the MMA match he had with Muhammad Ali.