The Big Wrestling Thread!

After a lackluster performance at last month?s WrestleMania event, professional wrestler The Undertaker has been sent back to WWE?s ?developmental? league to polish his in-ring skills.

He will train daily at WWE?s so-called Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, and compete as part of the roster of rookies on NXT, a feeder league for the main WWE roster.

It is believed that he will be stripped of the ominous ?Undertaker? gimmick and repackaged as Cal Markaway, street-tough thug with a mysterious past.

?The kid shows potential,? said Terry Taylor, a trainer at the Performance Center, ?but he?s rough around the edges. Hopefully he?ll be ready for the spotlight soon.?

Cal Markaway is expected to make his in-ring NXT debut next week as part of a dance-off against Summer Rae.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/undertaker-sent-back-developmental/ :laugh:

Bo Dallas appears to be a character I will grow to really dislike.

Admittedly though, I don't watch wrestling with the same enthusiasm I used to.

WWE has signed Willie Mack (real name Willie McClinton Jr.) to a developmental deal, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Mack has been a regular on the California independent scene since 2006, most notably wrestling for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. He's got a ton of charisma and is really entertaining.

Impressive, it reminds me of Shelton Benjamin

Anniversary of Owen Hart's death

####, it has already been 15 years.... That is just sad.

Kota Ibushi signing with WWE

That is funny: Ibushi wom the IWGP Jr championship from Devitt at Wrestle Kindgom 8

Getting them both in WWE could lead to some pretty awesome matches.

Speaking of Devitt, Nom nom nom, that is some good tasty crow for me to eat. I did not believe it but well ....

I am still puzzled on how he will be marketed in WWE: Devitt has a very strong-style move set, really not PG at all.

Speaking of IWGP, I saw the match Styles/Okada: that was some good old fashioned, climatic championship match.

Speaking of Styles, with Daniels back with him in RoH, things are looking quite good there.

For Punk/Lee, the yeti sightings are getting boring. Let them get married and have some quality times.

Not that it would be a good idea if Mr. & Ms. Punk would come back in a 'royal couples of wrestling' against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon

Not within a few years. Both gimmicks are going to stick.

True and I agree it should be a long time before it happens (hell it shouldn't happen at all to be honest).

But this is WWE, who doesn't know how to market talents properly, who doesn't know how to follow through on gimmicks and storylines and who doesn't remember things from week to week on it's own shows. Vince will pull trigger if he sees either of them failing or not working anymore.

WWE Smackdown, set to air tonight, was filmed on Tuesday?that's no surprise. But for the first time, a pre-production broadcast of the show?with unedited crowd noise, missed cues and all?has made its way online. It is, like the Raw script that leaked last month, a genuinely fascinating look at how the spectacular behemoth that is televised pro wrestling comes to be.

The episode showed up on Youtube, but has since been taken down. But it's been preserved on more secure hosts?you can watch it here. (Spoiler alert, obviously, if you care about the outcome of the matches.)

But the production is what matters! Worth taking note of:

• Announcers Michael Cole and John Bradshaw Layfield making entrances, with their own music, prior to the start of the show?and JBL getting a playful shove off the ring stairs from the cameraman. Cole: "I cannot wait until he takes that bump coming down that ramp."
  • The audience's actual reactions. The pretaped Smackdown is notorious for sweetening (even dubbing over) cheers and boos to reinforce the ostensible facedom or heeldom of wrestlers.
  • Cole and JBL's constant chatter through their headsets with show producer Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon?it's amazing to me how involved McMahon still is with his product.
  • Starting at 1:50 of the first video, ring announcer Tony Chimel's botched introduction of Jimmy Hart. Cole: "Is he going to introduce Jimmy, since he just did? Chimel just introduced him. Somebody might want to tell him, I don't think he knows." JBL: "He doesn't know, he's looking over there like a goof."
  • At 51:52 of the second video, Cole asks McMahon about some talking point, "Do you want me to say that every time, because I've said it a shitload of times tonight." We don't hear Vince's reply, but we do hear Cole's cowed reaction: "OK...yes sir...yes sir...OK, I've got it sir."

http://deadspin.com/unedited-unaired-wwe-smackdown-broadcast-leaks-online-1580739646

While in the UK last week, London native Layla spoke to Bang Showbiz about how she would like to host the Strictly Come Dancing TV show. For what it's worth, the article noted that Layla said she wants to return to the UK for good this year.

:(

BodKDlaIYAAv6hB.jpg