The Big Wrestling Thread!

Not at all. This guy made wrestling cool, at the time he truly was a genius. nWo anyone?

nWo was blatantly stolen from Japan.

He also then ran the company into the ground because that was literally his only idea. Every other idea was a variation of it. 

nWo was blatantly stolen from Japan.

He also then ran the company into the ground because that was literally his only idea. Every other idea was a variation of it. 

It wasn't stolen, he admitted he wanted to apply that concept in the US too. From here to actually have success is a looong way. And it was a FANTASTIC success. The concept was so good that people thought it was real, not a wrestling angle. Yes, he also made mistakes, like the Wolfpack (that was the beginning of the end), but I can understand why, he was very young, he had very little experience and he was also blinded, maybe, by the nWo success. You have to give him credit for what he did with WCW at that time. No wrestling group, ever, had the success that nWo had, no matter who tried, WWE, TNA, etc.

It wasn't stolen, he admitted he wanted to apply that concept in the US too. From here to actually have success is a looong way. And it was a FANTASTIC success. The concept was so good that people thought it was real, not a wrestling angle. Yes, he also made mistakes, like the Wolfpack (that was the beginning of the end), but I can understand why, he was very young, he had very little experience and he was also blinded, maybe, by the nWo success. You have to give him credit for what he did with WCW at that time. No wrestling group, ever, had the success that nWo had, no matter who tried, WWE, TNA, etc.

You're right about the original nWo. But he did literally nothing else in wrestling. His production company is a different story.

Heyman has over 20 years of success (and failure) in the industry.

You're right about the original nWo. But he did literally nothing else in wrestling. His production company is a different story.

Heyman has over 20 years of success (and failure) in the industry.

Yeah, that was his only thing, but it was HUGE and it still the best, it wasn't topped yet and never will, IMO. I'm not saying that Heyman sucks or something like that, no way, but if you're talking about impact in the wrestling industry, I think everyone who was around at the time will tell you that nWo had the biggest impact ever. Sometimes it takes only ONE thing to make a person a genius, there are plenty of examples, like Gates with his Windows and so on. I won't judge him based on his post-WCW activity, because there are many aspects that could interfere with it (for example, in WCW he had freedom to do whatever he wanted, I doubt it was the case in WWE, with Vince being all paranoid).

I'll say this: look at the wrestling business today. Do you like watching WWE? Or do you wish it was at the same level as WCW in the nWo days? Be honest. 

NWO is iconic don't get me wrong but ECW revolutionised the wrestling business as well.

You look at moments in Pro Wrestling, key moments are NWO, 4 Horseman, ECW and Attitude Era

Bischoff in my eyes was always the mouth piece for WCW's owners while Heyman took over ECW and made it what it was (watch the DVD)

NWO is iconic don't get me wrong but ECW revolutionised the wrestling business as well.

You look at moments in Pro Wrestling, key moments are NWO, 4 Horseman, ECW and Attitude Era

Bischoff in my eyes was always the mouth piece for WCW's owners while Heyman took over ECW and made it what it was (watch the DVD)

I agree, but, again, look at the impact. ECW had nowhere the same impact in the wrestling business as nWo had. This might be caused by the different time frames, but I seriously believe that Bischoff's idea was THE best thing in this business. Ever. Obviously, the circumstances were favorable, character wise, since I don't think a nWo with Rey Mysterio and Luger or whatever would've been the same. Hogan, Hall and Nash were absolutely perfect, at the perfect time (as the DVD says, Hogan, in Vince's opinion, was at his peak in his career, but by going heel and in nWo, he reinvented himself).

Edit: And about Bischoff being a mouthpiece...I seriously doubt that Turner had any input on WCW since the nWo angle, seeing that the business was going so good.  

I'll say this: look at the wrestling business today. Do you like watching WWE? Or do you wish it was at the same level as WCW in the nWo days? Be honest. 

I only watched WCW for the beginning of the nWo. I watched WWF once DX, Mankind, SCSA were the top dogs.

WWE Wrestler Sheamus Confirms He's Playing Darth Vader in ?Star Wars VII?

He says 'cant confirm' that he 'won't not'. Not exactly clear.

Vader being in the movie in any form is very disappointing so I hope its not true.

I agree, but, again, look at the impact. ECW had nowhere the same impact in the wrestling business as nWo had. This might be caused by the different time frames, but I seriously believe that Bischoff's idea was THE best thing in this business. Ever. Obviously, the circumstances were favorable, character wise, since I don't think a nWo with Rey Mysterio and Luger or whatever would've been the same. Hogan, Hall and Nash were absolutely perfect, at the perfect time (as the DVD says, Hogan, in Vince's opinion, was at his peak in his career, but by going heel and in nWo, he reinvented himself).

Edit: And about Bischoff being a mouthpiece...I seriously doubt that Turner had any input on WCW since the nWo angle, seeing that the business was going so good.  

You're wrong about ECW. It pushed the limits and showed WWF the way to get over WCW, which in turn buried WCW and made WWE the permanent top dog.

Also, again, it wasn't HIS idea. He stole it. And WCW vs ECW is different than Bischoff vs Heyman.

WWE issued the following statement to F4WOnline.com today regarding the Smackdown truck indicating that Smackdown would be moving to Thursdays.

?Someone was overzealous in updating our production trucks,? said WWE. ?The trucks are being fixed to reflect the current and accurate information of Fridays at 8 p.m.?